eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Australia eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/australia-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Germany sale (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/australia-ebay-paypal/63099-germany-sale.html)

munchkinxx 08-09-2013 11:32 PM

Germany sale

Sold a top , sent it to Germany. Buyer rejected the package and customs is sending it back to Australia. Buyer opened a dispute for non-receipt and has gotton their funds back. I appealed the case showing proof of receipt however PP has rejected it saying the parcel is coming back to me. I seem to always be out of pocket for non-delivery of goods. Even if the parcel comes back to me I've lost p&h fees. Is there a way to get a reimbursement from PP? Say I reject the parcel when it arrives?

MM78 08-09-2013 11:57 PM

When you say top...do you mean a laptop? Sorry my Aussie slang isn't up to par!
Did you contact the customer to find out why they rejected the package?

munchkinxx 08-11-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 475718)
When you say top...do you mean a laptop? Sorry my Aussie slang isn't up to par!
Did you contact the customer to find out why they rejected the package?

Top as in clothing top. They didn't say why. Can I get reimbursed by Paypal if I reject the return?

yotano211 08-12-2013 01:01 AM

Shipping fees are the responsibility of the shipper. Paypal has nothing to do with customs enforcement or rejected packages from the buyer. In other words, you have better luck in getting a great white shark to eat his/her veggies than getting any reimbursement from paypal on that.

Its not paypal's responsibility.

GreenBean 08-12-2013 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munchkinxx (Post 476213)
Top as in clothing top. They didn't say why. Can I get reimbursed by Paypal if I reject the return?

Why? That is between seller and buyer.

I am more concerned about the shipping internationally.

Is it really necessary for you to do so?

That can be where your issues happen many times.

Did the buyer know they were responsible for duties & customs fees?
Your listing must clearly define that.

Be careful for the future as you surely do not want to be out of pocket for such sales.

:peace:

munchkinxx 08-12-2013 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yotano211 (Post 476276)
Shipping fees are the responsibility of the shipper. Paypal has nothing to do with customs enforcement or rejected packages from the buyer. In other words, you have better luck in getting a great white shark to eat his/her veggies than getting any reimbursement from paypal on that.

Its not paypal's responsibility.

Even though the buyer didn't receive their purchase there's seller protection when seller's can provide proof of receipt for sending the goods.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 476299)
Why? That is between seller and buyer.

I am more concerned about the shipping internationally.

Is it really necessary for you to do so?

That can be where your issues happen many times.

Did the buyer know they were responsible for duties & customs fees?
Your listing must clearly define that.

Be careful for the future as you surely do not want to be out of pocket for such sales.

:peace:

Yea I might stop selling to countries with problems. Kinda getting tired with parcels not getting delivered.

rsot 08-12-2013 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munchkinxx (Post 476213)

No PP wont reimburse this.

GreenBean 08-12-2013 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munchkinxx (Post 476331)
Even though the buyer didn't receive their purchase there's seller protection when seller's can provide proof of receipt for sending the goods.

No that is not how paypal will see this.

yotano211 08-12-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munchkinxx (Post 476331)

That only works when the buyer gets the package in hand, not for returned or refused packages. I think you might be confused with something else.

rsot 08-12-2013 12:55 PM

Hope you get your parcel back regardless - just resell and move on

trains 08-20-2013 09:27 AM

yes, hope you got /get the parcel back -what happens if you don't ?

Is this why some sellers have restocking fees?? Although not sure how that would even work into a case like this ? ugh -its all so wrong.

rsot 08-20-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trains (Post 478781)
yes, hope you got /get the parcel back -what happens if you don't ?

Is this why some sellers have restocking fees?? Although not sure how that would even work into a case like this ? ugh -its all so wrong.

Not much you can do but wait it out. If you dont get it - you can do an inquiry with your post office IF you have insured it/tracking on it - if not...you're not in a good stance to do much :mad2: