Australian merchant accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Australia eBay & Paypal

Australia eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.com.au Suspensions and Paypal.com.au limited accounts. This forum is geared towards AU.

Old 11-28-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Australian merchant accounts

Can someone please help me? I've been doing a lot of reading however I am still somewhat confused on what is the best and easiest option for using a merchant account instead of PayPal in Australia? Can anyone suggest who to use? I have had issues with PayPal in the past, accounts being limited, closed, never really given an explanation as to why. I have not suffered any ebay suspensions, I am not selling vero items or anything like that. I have given paymate a try but I find buyers are getting frustrated with constant errors when using this processor, as am I. Can anybody please help? I'm at a loss on where to start.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-29-2015

Longevity: 62%
Default Re: Australian merchant accounts

I use Paymate. Not much sales however it's still allowed me to keep the EB account to sell. Most buyers transfer to the nominated bank account as they aren't familiar with Paymate.
Old 02-02-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Hi munchinxx, I also did the paymate thing for a while with my old account. To be honest it was just a headache, not paymates fault but buyers were extremely reluctant to pay this way, my inbox was over flowing with messages on how to pay and even some complaints for not accepting PayPal! The only upside was as you say the increase in bank transfers but in the end I decided to let the account go :(
Old 02-02-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by allykatjie View Post
Can someone please help me? I've been doing a lot of reading however I am still somewhat confused on what is the best and easiest option for using a merchant account instead of PayPal in Australia? Can anyone suggest who to use? I have had issues with PayPal in the past, accounts being limited, closed, never really given an explanation as to why. I have not suffered any ebay suspensions, I am not selling vero items or anything like that. I have given paymate a try but I find buyers are getting frustrated with constant errors when using this processor, as am I. Can anybody please help? I'm at a loss on where to start.
Merchants specifically for eBay?
Old 02-03-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by allykatjie View Post
Hi munchinxx, I also did the paymate thing for a while with my old account. To be honest it was just a headache, not paymates fault but buyers were extremely reluctant to pay this way, my inbox was over flowing with messages on how to pay and even some complaints for not accepting PayPal! The only upside was as you say the increase in bank transfers but in the end I decided to let the account go :(
I experience exactly the same thing. I am able to complete approx 98% of transactions so I'm happy to message all buyers my bank account details. I'd stop using Paymate too and go back to Paypal though I need an aged EB account before that happens. I lost one stealth, and am limited to 10 items another. Just started a new EB account with 10 items also.
Old 02-07-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Hi bananappeal I was referring to ebay only operations but since I wrote this I've had a few stealths with limit increases so have abandoned the merchant account idea. Munchkinxx you sound really lucky. I had to cancel I'd estimate 1 in 5 tranactions it just got too much. So I focused on growing new stealths instead, ended up with some weird limits but it's very workable now. A shame though I kinda liked paymate. I called their office a few times for help too and they were so lovely. I wish people gave them more of a chance!
Old 02-08-2015

How long are you meant to sit on a stealth account before using it? I got a little impatient waiting as I don't really have any more account to use. Opened and used an account straight away. Currently limited to 10 listings.

I totally agree that people should give Paymate a chance. Paypal is so overrated.
Old 02-09-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I must admit that I used mine almost straight away. Maybe I did about a week of bidding and browsing and then listed an item. Once all went well with the first one, I then listed a few more. I found after a couple of months the limits would be raised although every account has been raised to different limits. They are all very workable now. I think the general advice is to let them sit for a bit though, guess I was impatient!! I would love a competitor to really take on pay pal. Think I might be waiting a long time though!! It's funny, people would tell me they don't want to use paymate because they felt it wasn't safe and their purchase wasn't protected yet they'd happily send the money into my bank account.