New low key paypal account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Australia eBay & Paypal

Australia eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.com.au Suspensions and Paypal.com.au limited accounts. This forum is geared towards AU.

Old 02-07-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default New low key paypal account

I had problems with paypal some years ago. I haven't had an account for years. The last time I sent them ID was probably about eight years ago (or longer).

I now want to open an account, purely for a subscription service and maybe a few minor sales (not ebay based).

My question is; how careful should I be given this is mainly a buying account?
My debit card was probably linked with an account years ago but since then the CVC has changed, as well as the expiry (obviously). Is that enough of a difference to prevent linking?

And at what point are they likely to ask for proof of ID? I can't see more than 100 a month going into the account.

I intend to use a variation on my name to ensure it isn't linked automatically, so any ID checks will automatically fail.

Also, I think I owed them about $300 (I felt it was unfair and still do). Do you think they would take the money out if they link it?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-07-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 56%
Default Re: New low key paypal account

Quote:
Originally Posted by milopilo View Post
I had problems with paypal some years ago. I haven't had an account for years. The last time I sent them ID was probably about eight years ago (or longer).

I now want to open an account, purely for a subscription service and maybe a few minor sales (not ebay based).

My question is; how careful should I be given this is mainly a buying account?
My debit card was probably linked with an account years ago but since then the CVC has changed, as well as the expiry (obviously). Is that enough of a difference to prevent linking?

And at what point are they likely to ask for proof of ID? I can't see more than 100 a month going into the account.

I intend to use a variation on my name to ensure it isn't linked automatically, so any ID checks will automatically fail.

Also, I think I owed them about $300 (I felt it was unfair and still do). Do you think they would take the money out if they link it?
Is a full stealth account not viable?

ID won't be requested until your PayPal's sitting balance reaches $1000 and beyond - just keep withdrawing your money to keep total balance under that.

With the card attached, seeing as though you want to use your actual suspended name i'd go with a complete new card, even with another issuer - if the name is common enough it might slide though you are risking an easy linking - A more experienced member on here might chime in better on that one.

And yes they will roll over your owings if account is linked.
Old 02-07-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 53%

Thanks - do you think they'd automatically withdraw the money, or just start hassling me for it?

I wasn't planning on using my exact name as it's not common, I was going to make a deliberate spelling mistake with it. But if they only ask for ID when it gets to 1000 I should be safe on that.
Old 02-07-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 56%

For operating your card on PayPal - they will run an avs on it

Consider not using a credit card with your newly made paypal and stick to bank deposits and withdrawals?

If you do need to use a CC look into Entropay - I learned about operating them with PayPal on these forums and through members here.

Very easy alternative.