Not Even Back on Ebay Yet but PAYPAL askedfor ID Confirmation - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Australia eBay & Paypal

Australia eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.com.au Suspensions and Paypal.com.au limited accounts. This forum is geared towards AU.

Old 07-05-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Red face Not Even Back on Ebay Yet but PAYPAL askedfor ID Confirmation

Hi Guys, New here & need your brilliant minds!!

4 yrs ago Mum & I got her Ebay account banned from selling indefinitely (selling copies) but PayPal account is still fine. Fast forward to 2 yrs ago started New Ebay store & paypal in my sisters name (her permission) now that's got up to the amount where it will affect her tax so time to amount leave that alone. (currently all well).

Plan is to start Paypal account ( have opened it) in my own name, then Ebay account- then swap over with my User account running the store officially (as my name wasn't officially on Mum's banned account). Asked Ebay about it (said she was going away )& they said fine just register a Ebay account & swap details Profile (but they said you'd lose Sisters feedbacks & may have to start with lower selling limits. That's all fine BUT now there is a problem or 2!!

Checked Paypal & it's limited cos its got $800 which came from sisters Paypal. My account is not really stealth because I'm using real name, real bank details. Only STEALTH detail is my address as I lived with Mum (same address on Ebay banned account)for last 8 yrs (using my house I rent out's address for my bank details etc) BUT today Paypal when I log in is asking me to put in My Medicare card & my Passport Nos to confirm my ID. These both have the address of the selling banned Ebay account.

Can they have access to my address details on my Medicare card & my Passport or do you think they just record the no's (& don't check the addresses). The current Paypal account that also has that address is fine but is in Mum's name. I cant have Paypal get the address off my Passport & Medicare card because when I try to open my new Ebay account to start selling, Ebay will ban anyone from this household wont they? through the address (of course IP cookies etc is al taken care of) - Just the address problem!!

Any help !! on a way around this would be soooo appreciated!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-05-2015

Longevity: 94%
Default Re: Not Even Back on Ebay Yet but PAYPAL askedfor ID Confirmation

I read some where online that when they check it is only to verify the ID is legit and the person checking it does not get too see your details. I have had a quick look to try and find it but no luck. I did find a page (Aus Government) that gives some info and further links you can check. I guess medicare or the gov't depart that issues the documents could be called and ask them what information they share withe the ID checks. Below is the link which is titled 'Document Verification Service'

Home
The Following User Says Thank You to craigoaus For This Useful Post:
lollylegs (07-05-2015)
Old 07-05-2015

Longevity: 94%

This might be helpful.
Latest news
Privacy Awareness Week
This year's Privacy Awareness Week was from 3-9 May and focussed on the theme of privacy every day, emphasising the need for organisations to embed privacy practices into their regular business.
More information on privacy awareness can be found on the Office of the Information Commissioner website.
DVS expanded access
The new DVS expanded access arrangements took effect on 31 March 2015. Businesses with a reasonable need to use a Commonwealth identifier to verify their client's identity may now be eligible to access the DVS.
In addition to changes to the DVS Access Policy, there have also been changes made to streamline the access process and reduce costs associated with applying to use the service. For more information visit the Users page.
Information match requests for Western Australian driver licences are not currently available to businesses registering under the new DVS Access Policy.
Gateway Service Providers will be notified if/ when these documents become available.
The Following User Says Thank You to craigoaus For This Useful Post:
lollylegs (07-05-2015)
Old 07-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums. That's a lot to post right away.

I stopped at the first paragraph. 1. IF your pp still works, use it for something ELSE then eB. Do NOT make new eb account(s) and try to use this pp.

All the best as you learn stealth - likely other ppl will chime in with comments

Lot of use of "!" noted
Old 07-05-2015
Threadstarter  

Red face Re: Not Even Back on Ebay Yet but PAYPAL askedfor ID Confirmation

Thanks for that!! Craigoaus!! Yes, that looks like it means they can find your details listed with yr Medicare & Passport. Soooo... Ive been looking around here & found that it looks like you can send in utilities bills in that have the other address on them instead. And just ignore them requesting those documents online (apparently they are just if you want quick confirmation online) So I think I'll go with that 1st. ( When Ive found the post Ive just read here about sending in details instead I'll put it in my next post here).
The Following User Says Thank You to lollylegs For This Useful Post:
craigoaus (07-06-2015)
Old 07-05-2015
Threadstarter  

Hi Rsot !!! Hey youre right I do like to use my !!!!! 's a LOT !!! And unfortunately I speak how I write too. (I know wayyyyy too much!). But thanks 4 yr quick reply. So do you mean use that paypal for other things 1st, THEN ebay or did u mean use it for others things not Ebay. Because Ive just set this up ready in my real name (I wasn't banned in my name - it was my Mums name) just our addresses would be the same on medicare card & passport But if I use utility & Credit C/ Bank account bills in my other address - I should be Ok?