When I try to add a bank I get the "Quick security check"... Please help! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Bank Accounts

Bank Accounts General discussions on bank accounts, withdrawing funds, virtual bank accounts (VBAs) and more.

Old 02-27-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 42%
Default When I try to add a bank I get the "Quick security check"... Please help!

I have a 2 year old account with $1500 in it. When I try and add a bank it wants to do a QSC to the original phone number that I don't have access to.

Does anyone know a fool proof way around this?

So far Ive added a new VCC and changed the phone number. Now it makes me confirm the email which I can do but not the verification questions.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-27-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%
Default Re: When I try to add a bank I get the "Quick security check"... Please help!

Be careful how you change details on a dormant account. You could trigger some annoying security checks. You'd have difficulty passing such checks if it's a stealth account.

If this is a stealth account, I would give it two or more weeks of browsing every other day before I make any other significant move.

You might be able to build some trust doing that.

Otherwise, you're going to end up with a request to provide docs.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pandoras_box For This Useful Post:
sax4 (03-06-2020)
Old 02-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Default Re: When I try to add a bank I get the "Quick security check"... Please help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoras_box View Post
Be careful how you change details on a dormant account. You could trigger some annoying security checks. You'd have difficulty passing such checks if it's a stealth account.

If this is a stealth account, I would give it two or more weeks of browsing every other day before I make any other significant move.

You might be able to build some trust doing that.

Otherwise, you're going to end up with a request to provide docs.

What docs are you talking about? Just like photo ID and address verification?

I can get good docs from second eye so that might be easier.
Old 02-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Ok so let me know if this will help "reset" the Quick Security Check for adding a bank.

I am logging into the old accounts and adding a new VCC and new call fowarding number. Will this after sometime reset and will paypal allow me to use the new number for verification?

Will time help this or am I going to have to call in or send in docs.

Thank you guys
Old 02-27-2020
Executive [VIP]

The security checks may go away but that depends on how much changes you have made and how significant these changes are.

What's more likely is that you'd be asked for docs. Try to avoid any more changes. In the meantime, see if you can browse for some time as advised above.
Good luck.
Old 02-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
The security checks may go away but that depends on how much changes you have made and how significant these changes are.

What's more likely is that you'd be asked for docs. Try to avoid any more changes. In the meantime, see if you can browse for some time as advised above.
Good luck.

All I did was add a VCC and change the phone number. Is that too much? Also, how long until the QSC resets to my new phone number?

Any info is greatly appreciated. I am trying to find links in the search box but I cant find anyone who added banks to old paypals successfully.

Thank you
Old 02-27-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsal2209 View Post
All I did was add a VCC and change the phone number. Is that too much? Also, how long until the QSC resets to my new phone number?

Any info is greatly appreciated. I am trying to find links in the search box but I cant find anyone who added banks to old paypals successfully.

Thank you
Yes, that's a lot of change at once for a dormant account.
No one knows for sure how long the check will be active on your account or if they will go away, but you can try the steps mentioned above - it just might help.
The idea is to get the system to be familiar with your device and build trust so when next you want to make changes or make a withdrawal, you would have built trust with PayPal, and you may be allowed without security checks.
It has worked in the past, but every case is different.
The two weeks I suggested is only an estimate, but in case you're wondering, it is also quite conservative.
If you're unable to get it to work after that, you might have to ring in and take a chance, but you might be asked to provide docs.
Old 02-27-2020

Longevity: 41%

Pandoras_box is 100% correct you need to leave it few weeks you are going to trigger security checks one after another

2 weeks is enough time.... more than enough
Old 02-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Ok... so I wil wait 2 weeks until I try adding the bank again and hope it allows me.

If it doesn't allow me to add the bank and it does a QSC will it allow me to use my phone # (just added yesterday) or my VCC (just added yesterday as well) to verify?

The original phone # on the account was inactive so I had to update it. As long as the new number updates and I can get a verification phone call then I will have no problem getting through the QSC.

This is all new to me since Ive never used accounts that are this old or have sat for this long.

Thank you very much for all the help and tips.
Old 02-27-2020

you can change number in 4 or 5 days then another 3 + days to change to primary, if you try and get through security checks without primary number you will end up with no option than upload ID
Old 02-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Ok... so I wil wait 2 weeks until I try adding the bank again and hope it allows me.

If it doesn't allow me to add the bank and it does a QSC will it allow me to use my phone # (just added yesterday) or my VCC (just added yesterday as well) to verify?

The original phone # on the account was inactive so I had to update it. As long as the new number updates and I can get a verification phone call then I will have no problem getting through the QSC.

This is all new to me since Ive never used accounts that are this old or have sat for this long.

Ive already changed the phone number to my home number and marked it as primary so that is done. Hopefully it will update fairly soon.

Does anyone know about getting through QSCs with a recently changed phone number? Like how long it takes to update? Right now I cant use my new phone number to pass the QSC.

Thanks
Old 02-27-2020

Quote:

the security checks will go away in a few days but changing any other details will trigger another one off, best thing to do is change mobile number in 4 days then give it a few more days to change to primary, then if adding bank or withdrawing the only security there will be is a 72 hour wait for withdraw

sorry didn't see you had already changed number
once it's changed to primary you are OK

Last edited by ckev26; 02-27-2020 at 05:56 PM. Reason: to add
Old 02-27-2020

Quote:
Ive already changed the phone number to my home number and marked it as primary so that is done. Hopefully it will update fairly soon.

Does anyone know about getting through QSCs with a recently changed phone number? Like how long it takes to update? Right now I cant use my new phone number to pass the QSC.

Thanks

What's the rush, you cannot speed it up or get round it at all, you just need to wait it out
Old 02-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Ok two more questions...

1) Is it ok to use a phone number that can ONLY receive calls (NO texts)? I setup the phone number up as a home number.

2) Is there anyway this QSC will never go away? So evern if I wait 3 days, a week or however long it just always stays on the account until I call in or send in docs? How long is the maximum amount of time until this QSC goes away?

Thanks guys!
Old 02-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Also, I am using a call forwarding number from tollfreeforwarding.com. Is this ok to use or is there a better kind of phone number?

Thank you guys!
Old 02-27-2020

you will still need that number for a text to verify, unless you want to wait more than 2 weeks, if you have got as far as changing to primary you only have a few days to wait, but u will still get the security check but verify with new number
Old 02-27-2020

Quote:
Also, I am using a call forwarding number from tollfreeforwarding.com. Is this ok to use or is there a better kind of phone number?

Thank you guys!
tollfreeforwarding the term "free" does not sound good lol

edit... looks ok to me

Last edited by ckev26; 02-27-2020 at 06:15 PM. Reason: to add
Old 02-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckev26 View Post
you will still need that number for a text to verify, unless you want to wait more than 2 weeks, if you have got as far as changing to primary you only have a few days to wait, but u will still get the security check but verify with new number

Tollfreeforwarding.com DOES NOT allow text messaging. Only direct phone calls.

I added the new phone as a "home" phone. Will they text this new number (which I will not receive) or will paypal call me?

Thank you
Old 02-27-2020
Executive [VIP]

By using Tollfreeforwarding.com, you're begging to be permanently limited or at least for a doc request.

Use a real number. You can ditch it when you have your money.
Old 02-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
By using Tollfreeforwarding.com, you're begging to be permanently limited or at least for a doc request.

Use a real number. You can ditch it when you have your money.

Ok so like a cheap prepaid phone with 30 minutes or something? Anything with an actually sim card?
Old 02-28-2020
Executive [VIP]

Yes, that would be much better.
Old 04-12-2020

Longevity: 89%

@bigsal2209

I got the same problem. was going to add new bank into my old paypal but paypal need send security code to the original phone number . I don't have the original phone number anymore...

Did you go through after waiting few weeks ?

Thanks !