Using Mercury (Choice Bank) business checking account on eBay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Bank Accounts

Bank Accounts General discussions on bank accounts, withdrawing funds, virtual bank accounts (VBAs) and more.

Old 11-08-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 8%
Default Using Mercury (Choice Bank) business checking account on eBay

Hi guys. So here is the deal..

I've been selling on eBay in the past 2-3 years by using my own eBay account paired with Mercury bank account (Evolve Band and Trusts) very successfully. Without any issue when it comes to Mercury. Half an year ago I decided to create a unliked/stelth account by using my relitives information and everything was done clean. No way eBay can link this account to my main account. I went through the process of opening a new LLC, getting EIN/ITIN and so on, and I opened a Mercury account for the new eBay account. This time Mercury gave me Choice Bank checking account instead of Evolve Bank and Trust account which I'm getting on my personal Mercury account. When I went through the process of registering a seller account on eBay everything was fine until the point where I had to confirm my business checking (Choice Bank) account. I'm always getting this error when I try to confirm it - "Something isn't right. Please double-check the info on this page.". I chatted with the eBay CS and this is what the guy told me after an hour of checking my info and transferring me to different reps:

Sayan19:17 PM

1. Sometimes, Digital/Online banks do not have debit functionality which means eBay are not able to debit the account if we need to seek reimbursement. Ensure to have creditability and the direct debit limits. It also depends on the bank and the transaction patterns. If you have a checking account from a well-recognized bank, we request you to once get in touch with the bank customer support as well.

2. Be a checking account. It is important to make sure that your account type on eBay matches your checking account type. For example, if you have a business eBay account, you’ll need a business checking account to register as a seller.

3. Ensure the bank account type matches your eBay account type if personal or business account.

4. If none of the above points are an issue with your current bank but you are being asked to add another bank then that means your bank is not yet included in our list of supported banks.

Me 19:15 PM

I think my bank is checking all of the boxes here.. It's strange because eBay recognizes this bank and it's part of the list of supported banks..

Sayan19:17 PM

Well it is not actually about the Bank rather the routing number that you are using currently is not supported or failing the ACH verification so that is the reason, I would request you to add a different account.

Does anyone of you have experience with Mercury Choice Bank accounts and adding them to eBay? The interesting part is that the account is failing the verification. I never had this issue with Evolve Bank and Trust Mercury accounts.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-08-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Using Mercury (Choice Bank) business checking account on eBay

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master stealth

Old 11-10-2022

Longevity: 89%

most online bank not accept by ebay anymore that is why
it can linked before but not work now
Old 11-11-2022
Threadstarter  

eBay said that they can verify the routing number. On the other hand, the Mercury said that the routing number for this Choice Bank is relatively new and some institutions can't verify it. On my personal eBay account, I use Mercury with Evolve Bank and Trust checking account without any issues, so Mercury is still fine if you get an Evove checking account.
Old 01-12-2023

Activity: 16%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
eBay said that they can verify the routing number. On the other hand, the Mercury said that the routing number for this Choice Bank is relatively new and some institutions can't verify it. On my personal eBay account, I use Mercury with Evolve Bank and Trust checking account without any issues, so Mercury is still fine if you get an Evove checking account.
Mercury is not a bank, it uses the services of Evolve Bank & Trust, and very soon Ebay will close this bank as well, since everyone uses it
The more stealth ebay accounts are opened and this bank is added, the closer the ebay ban will be
Old 01-12-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

bit of an old thread - unsure if mercury bank is being used a lot
Old 01-26-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakson View Post
Mercury is not a bank, it uses the services of Evolve Bank & Trust, and very soon Ebay will close this bank as well, since everyone uses it
The more stealth ebay accounts are opened and this bank is added, the closer the ebay ban will be
I don't believe they will ban old accounts from using it, but obviously it's not going to be as easy to open new accounts using Mercury.
Old 07-08-2023

Longevity: 4%

Does Evolve Bank & Trust still accepted on ebay ?
Please help