Canadapost Ridiculously Slow - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Canada eBay Discussions

Canada eBay Discussions General discussions about eBay.ca Suspensions. This forum is mostly geared towards Canada eBay sellers.

Old 04-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default Canadapost Ridiculously Slow

Well..I shipped a couple of items to the USA and it usually arrives in less that 8 business days but for some reason my packages are starting to get delayed! Packages have been sitting in the sorting center for more than 5 days, usually they would leave in less than 2 days.

”I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.”
Winston Churchill

“If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
Winston Churchill
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-02-2010

Longevity: 82%

I know...i ship all my usa orders by fed ex ground its great gets it there in half the time
Old 04-02-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
I know...i ship all my usa orders by fed ex ground its great gets it there in half the time
Yep..I used to ship by Fedex but the price made me abandon it! I will start to charge customers more if they want it!

Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill
Old 04-02-2010

If you ship a certain amount they will give you a volume discount. Its really worth especially shipping from Atlantic canada my package will be to my customer before it will even be in Montreal 4 days to the usa
Old 04-02-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
If you ship a certain amount they will give you a volume discount. Its really worth especially shipping from Atlantic canada my package will be to my customer before it will even be in Montreal 4 days to the usa
How many packages do you ship daily and what is your discount rate from Fedex.

Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill
Old 04-02-2010

I ship between 10-40 a day but my discount is 12% on fedex ground which is pretty good i ship dvds so the packages are under 2kg usually they will also do a pick up every day for 6$ a week!
Old 04-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Canada post has been dropping the ball lately for sure. crappy thing is many customers are used to getting online purchases within a week and don't understand its different from Canada, and they get pissy sometimes. And its a hassle trying to explain its not magic when you buy online....

Small packet air used to be ok, but seems as long as 3 weeks now. Customers get real cranky too without tracking.

xpresspost is usually 5 days to US... But I have found shipping from Canada stupid expensive compared to US on bigger packages, so xpresspost is not always viable. In fact compared to most countries, Canada is one of the most expensive places to ship from in the world. Tried them all....

Fedex ground is very reasonable, but damn, takes two weeks sometimes....

tried UPS ground but they ass rape customers on duty fees and they go ballistic...

Shipping options are not great here cost/speed wise for sure! Had a box shipped from New York express, 3 days. Cost $24. Had to return it and 3 days back was $119!! same box, same weight, same company. Just terrible.

And i want to start selling on Amazon, but not sure how to make it work without making xpresspost standard. means hiding some fees in the prices...
Old 04-03-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
Canada post has been dropping the ball lately for sure. crappy thing is many customers are used to getting online purchases within a week and don't understand its different from Canada, and they get pissy sometimes. And its a hassle trying to explain its not magic when you buy online....

Small packet air used to be ok, but seems as long as 3 weeks now. Customers get real cranky too without tracking.

xpresspost is usually 5 days to US... But I have found shipping from Canada stupid expensive compared to US on bigger packages, so xpresspost is not always viable. In fact compared to most countries, Canada is one of the most expensive places to ship from in the world. Tried them all....

tried UPS ground but they ass rape customers on duty fees and they go ballistic...

Shipping options are not great here cost/speed wise for sure! Had a box shipped from New York express, 3 days. Cost $24. Had to return it and 3 days back was $119!! same box, same weight, same company. Just terrible.

And i want to start selling on Amazon, but not sure how to make it work without making xpresspost standard. means hiding some fees in the prices...
Wow! Well, if this item is under $100 when shipping from Canada to the USA the receiver will not be charged any customs or taxes. But, if you receive an item from the USA, UPS and Fedex will rape you! They will charge you $20 handling fee alone. Which is pretty stupid since I got a item and they charged my $20 handling fee when the item alone was worth $20.01. Just because the item was off 1 penny I got raped!

Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill
Old 06-17-2010

Longevity: 80%

Quote:

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT LED TO MY SUSPENSION, I HAVE CANADA POST TO THANK.

Too many people left negs , or neutr , or filed INR disputes because it took too long to get thier stuff. Seems to be really bad the last few months, like 3 weeks to get to Florida.
I do state in all listings to allow 2 weeks, but a lot do not read the listing at all, do not contact me, just open a case , and that counts against you . All you need is 3 cases and you are suspended.

I ship small packet , and read on another forum that making sure the blue air mail sticker is on will help. Not sure, but ****!!!
Old 06-20-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM View Post
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT LED TO MY SUSPENSION, I HAVE CANADA POST TO THANK.

Too many people left negs , or neutr , or filed INR disputes because it took too long to get thier stuff. Seems to be really bad the last few months, like 3 weeks to get to Florida.
I do state in all listings to allow 2 weeks, but a lot do not read the listing at all, do not contact me, just open a case , and that counts against you . All you need is 3 cases and you are suspended.

I ship small packet , and read on another forum that making sure the blue air mail sticker is on will help. Not sure, but ****!!!
Yes, there f*cking slow. Canadapost sucks and there prices are waaaay to expensive. If I ever plan to do full time e-commerce I'm moving down to the USA as it's not possible in Canada!

Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill
Old 06-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Agree - or you send it quick via Express but the fees aren`t worth it...
Old 06-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Agree - or you send it quick via Express but the fees aren`t worth it...
Xpresspost is pretty fast for sure. But crazy expensive on small items. On an item worth a few 100 its worth it. But a lower priced item its just not feasible

I send items xpresspost on my new accounts sometimes to speed up the process but it usually means no profit on item
Old 06-20-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Xpresspost is pretty fast for sure. But crazy expensive on small items. On an item worth a few 100 its worth it. But a lower priced item its just not feasible

I send items xpresspost on my new accounts sometimes to speed up the process but it usually means no profit on item
Yes, your completely right. Xpresspost is fast but is not worth it on small items.

Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill
Old 06-21-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

So true - and with the exchange rate being so horrible, there is no way to make a profit unless you have buyers foot the bill...which they rarely do.

I was thinking if I could use a different company's fed-ex account but I am not sure if it's set up to automatically send all packages to them...but I digress.