General Questions - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Canada eBay Discussions

Canada eBay Discussions General discussions about eBay.ca Suspensions. This forum is mostly geared towards Canada eBay sellers.

Old 11-28-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Question General Questions

Hi, I have a few general questions about running stealth accounts and other stuff. I've tried searching for answers but I haven't really been able to find many.

I am in Canada.

1) Can I use the Paypal online shipping service and print shipping labels on a stealth account? I do have access to the address so returns are not a problem. However, the address of the Paypal account is about 10km from my home address, which is where I would actually be shipping from. Would Canada Post care about this if I plan to drop off the pre-paid parcels at my local post office?

2) Same situation as above, but what if I don't have access to the address? Am I supposed to print labels anyways and if anybody wants to return anything I give them a different address (use drop shipper excuse or something)?
Or should I use a different shipping method in which I put my actual address so they can just return the package to where it came from?
It's just that Paypal shipping is so convenient :P

3) I hear that you can still use eBay if all you do is buy even if you are linked to a suspended account. So a few days ago I opened new eBay and Paypal accounts...the eBay account is fine, but the Paypal account got limited for being linked yesterday. So my question is, how do I shop on eBay? :S

4) Letting your accounts age...
How does this work? Do I just create my accounts unverified and everything and let them age for a month before doing anything?
Do I verify right away, then let them age for a month?
For eBay accounts, do I create a sellers account right away or after a month of being verified?

5) For Canadian Paypal accounts all you have to do is verify your bank account to be fully verified, however I hear that an account with a credit card on file is "stronger". I also hear that Paypal and eBay know that your credit card is a VCC, so does a VCC make a Paypal account any stronger?

6) Paying eBay fees. I understand that you don't want to pay your fees automatically with a Paypal account, so I used a VCC for this. However, can I still "make a one time payment" with my paypal account right before the credit card would be billed? Or can I never use the Paypal account to pay and use gift cards every month?

7) A good point for not paying automatically with a paypal account is that once you get limited, you don't have to pay the eBay fees... But what if the name, address, and phone number exist, but are not yours? Would eBay/Paypal spam you with mail and calls for the rest of your life until you pay up? Could they actually find out who you are through the phone number if it is my cell phone?

8) Sort of on a different tone, but aren't buyers only allowed to open disputes 45 days after payment on Paypal? Someone payed me on Oct 2, 2010, and they just opened a dispute today Novemeber 28, 2010. I could have sworn I was in the clear...what gives?

I think that's it for now, thanks in advance to all who answer!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-28-2010
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition
Cool

Quote:
1) Can I use the Paypal online shipping service and print shipping labels on a stealth account? I do have access to the address so returns are not a problem. However, the address of the Paypal account is about 10km from my home address, which is where I would actually be shipping from. Would Canada Post care about this if I plan to drop off the pre-paid parcels at my local post office?
Yes, you can. No, the post in Canada will not care. Most packages dropped off/picked up do not have the same return address.

Quote:
2) Same situation as above, but what if I don't have access to the address? Am I supposed to print labels anyways and if anybody wants to return anything I give them a different address (use drop shipper excuse or something)?
Or should I use a different shipping method in which I put my actual address so they can just return the package to where it came from?
It's just that Paypal shipping is so convenient :P
Include a note in the package, or an email, stating that all returns are to be sent to the returns warehouse, and that address will be provided upon request of return authorization

Quote:
3) I hear that you can still use eBay if all you do is buy even if you are linked to a suspended account. So a few days ago I opened new eBay and Paypal accounts...the eBay account is fine, but the Paypal account got limited for being linked yesterday. So my question is, how do I shop on eBay? :S
For the most part, buyer only accounts are not suspended, even if linked. Best option is to make a new unlinked seller account and buy and sell on it.

Quote:
4) Letting your accounts age...
How does this work? Do I just create my accounts unverified and everything and let them age for a month before doing anything?
Do I verify right away, then let them age for a month?
For eBay accounts, do I create a sellers account right away or after a month of being verified?
Aging doesn't make much difference these days with ebays new seller limits.

Quote:
5) For Canadian Paypal accounts all you have to do is verify your bank account to be fully verified, however I hear that an account with a credit card on file is "stronger". I also hear that Paypal and eBay know that your credit card is a VCC, so does a VCC make a Paypal account any stronger?
If what you're doing is suspicious, you'll go down with or without a vcc attached. No paypal has no idea it's a prepaid or virtual card. Ebay might, because they seem to know what bank issues them, but paypal doesn't care.

Quote:
6) Paying eBay fees. I understand that you don't want to pay your fees automatically with a Paypal account, so I used a VCC for this. However, can I still "make a one time payment" with my paypal account right before the credit card would be billed? Or can I never use the Paypal account to pay and use gift cards every month?
Some forum members disagree with me on this, but you have to keep it simple. The easiest way is to pay from your paypal balance, and manage your money every day. Paying with a vcc can become a huge pain.

Quote:
7) A good point for not paying automatically with a paypal account is that once you get limited, you don't have to pay the eBay fees... But what if the name, address, and phone number exist, but are not yours? Would eBay/Paypal spam you with mail and calls for the rest of your life until you pay up? Could they actually find out who you are through the phone number if it is my cell phone?
Nope. Nope.

Quote:
8) Sort of on a different tone, but aren't buyers only allowed to open disputes 45 days after payment on Paypal? Someone payed me on Oct 2, 2010, and they just opened a dispute today Novemeber 28, 2010. I could have sworn I was in the clear...what gives?
I think it's 45 days of delivery... not sure about that one. Usually the dispute will get closed if not vaild.
The Following User Says Thank You to First Edition For This Useful Post:
pod (11-28-2010)
Old 11-28-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 78%

Thanks for the answers. What exactly do you mean by "Nope, nope" in response to #7?

No they won't find me or no that's not a good idea?

Thanks again
Old 11-28-2010
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

I meant 3 no's, I'm sorry.