Canada Post On Demand Pickup Available : Yes - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Canada eBay Discussions

Canada eBay Discussions General discussions about eBay.ca Suspensions. This forum is mostly geared towards Canada eBay sellers.

Old 12-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default Canada Post On Demand Pickup Available : Yes

Did a package online @ Canada Post and noticed something I have never seen before:

Parcel Pickup Availability
On Demand Pickup Available : Yes.

What is this? Can I call and have my packages picked up now?
Is this something new or just a Christmas thing?

I spent an hour and a half today dropping off packages. Pick up would be so sweet
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
Did a package online @ Canada Post and noticed something I have never seen before:

Parcel Pickup Availability
On Demand Pickup Available : Yes.

What is this? Can I call and have my packages picked up now?
Is this something new or just a Christmas thing?

I spent an hour and a half today dropping off packages. Pick up would be so sweet
How long are the line up's in your area? There are three Canadapost's and most of the time there empty. I drop my packages off at the Canadapost after I prepay for them on paypal. Prepaying for the labels can save you alot of time...and you can drop them in the drop box if the items are small and of lass value..

”I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.”
Winston Churchill

“If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
Winston Churchill
Old 12-09-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I prepay everything but today I had one that needed letter mail to US. And the line up was 40 deep

People are morons and dont know shipping costs so they each spend 10 minutes working it out. One tool had a full size microwave and thought he could express it for about $8...

If they have a pickup service I'll use it for sure. I'll call tomorrow I guess and see what it is. I looked into pickup a couple years ago but was told I needed about a dozen a day to qualify.
Old 12-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I prepay everything but today I had one that needed letter mail to US. And the line up was 40 deep

People are morons and dont know shipping costs so they each spend 10 minutes working it out. One tool had a full size microwave and thought he could express it for about $8...

If they have a pickup service I'll use it for sure. I'll call tomorrow I guess and see what it is. I looked into pickup a couple years ago but was told I needed about a dozen a day to qualify.
Ok...yes. I completely understand...

Those morons!

You can purchase postage stamps and ship via letter mail. I send 10 letters a week to the USA, and I use postage stamps to pay for them. If you have a weight scale you can figure out the costs easily. They have this brochure at Canadapost location, which provides the exact rate for letter mail depending on the weight and size...

The only problem is avoiding the long lines, but you can always drop it off in the mail box. Lettermail does not come with tracking, so it does not really matter if you drop it inside the post office or in the mail box...

Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill
Old 12-09-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I have a scale and all that jazz. But no US stamps.... I send maybe 3 letters a year. Always packages.
Old 12-09-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

So this is just a crappy tease. Its not available.

You need 750 packages a year minimum to get this service. It showing on my screen just means that IF I qualified its available in my area thats all...

:(
Old 12-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

I hear your issues at the post office - this time of year especially - someone came with few clothing and wanted the post workers to choose the boxes AND package them ha - morons indeed.

I try to go before work at 9 am to avoid the lines but I see the potential of this service.

Call me old-fashioned but I still like to see the packages entered into the system rather than just picked up and waiting. I don't bother checking the status online unless people complain.

How much do you ship out per week? My shipping costs per day have been so intense for the past few weeks.
Old 12-09-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I dont ship many, but they are big

Shipping from here is sooo bloody expensive. It sucks you cant ship small parcels for a couple bucks like most countries. I sold a couple tiny items @ $20 that were too big for letter mail and ended up costing $9 to ship to the US. I gave free shipping thinking I could just mail... Total waste.
Old 12-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I dont ship many, but they are big

Shipping from here is sooo bloody expensive. It sucks you cant ship small parcels for a couple bucks like most countries. I sold a couple tiny items @ $20 that were too big for letter mail and ended up costing $9 to ship to the US. I gave free shipping thinking I could just mail... Total waste.
I spend more on shipping then I do on the item. Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

Just keep some postage stamps with you, and you are good to go!

Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill
Old 12-09-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning View Post
Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.
So bad. Its hard enough to compete, but damn to ship anything is out of control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning View Post

Just keep some postage stamps with you, and you are good to go!
Well how strict is the lettermail thickness? When dropped in a box that is. This one item barely couldn't fit through her stupid plastic hole. So what was $2.10 turned into $8.90.

But had I just tossed the US stamps on and tossed it in a box would it have been cool?
Old 12-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Also sucks that Canada Post won't let me COD to the States. The shipping is killer

@pod, I have experience putting wrong postage PURPOSELY. You would be surprised but the item still arrives. Hell I have changed zipcode to make sh*t cheaper ha! There is a delay but it arrives. Once it crosses the border, USPS does their own crappy job - they don't care about what we have paid in Canada from what I see.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
pod (12-12-2010)
Old 12-09-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I didnt mind the price increase when they cut the delivery time in half. But that was a load. Still slow as hell, jut more expensive now
Old 12-12-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Also sucks that Canada Post won't let me COD to the States. The shipping is killer

@pod, I have experience putting wrong postage PURPOSELY. You would be surprised but the item still arrives. Hell I have changed zipcode to make sh*t cheaper ha! There is a delay but it arrives. Once it crosses the border, USPS does their own crappy job - they don't care about what we have paid in Canada from what I see.
Yes..they don't check the weight of the item for some odd reason. I've accidentally done that before but the item still arrived safely. I am sure they will catch on if you keep on doing it..haha

I accidentally marked a 1kg item as 1lbs...but it still arrived safely...

Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill
The Following User Says Thank You to Burning For This Useful Post:
pod (12-12-2010)
Old 12-12-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post

@pod, I have experience putting wrong postage PURPOSELY. .
Ya. I cheat too

When you do it online with Canada Post they will charge your account or card the corrected amount. Happens almost every shipment by even as little as 30 cents.

But when I do it on paypal they don't correct. So I cheat weight a good 20% all the time

Old 12-12-2010

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Ya. I cheat too

But when I do it on paypal they don't correct. So I cheat weight a good 20% all the time

I cheat sometimes, but there really isn`t too much point to it. I mean the difference between shipping a 0.8kg parcel and 0.3 is non-existent.

I once tried a bunch of different combination, and without really going over the top and cheating big time you won`t save much at all. Even the difference between 30 x 22 x 15 and 22 x 15 x 15 is very small.

At least that`s my experience. The only time I really try to cheat is when the parcel is going far, that`s the only time it makes sense to me.

About the on demand pickup - If all you need is 750 parcels a year that`s not too bad, about a dozen a week. At that point it`s not too bad to just go to the post office yourself either though :P
Old 12-12-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Depend what you ship. My stuff is up to 24 pounds, so lots of wiggle room

Tiny crap makes no dif, sure