New Paypal/Ebay with business info in Canada? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Canada eBay Discussions

Canada eBay Discussions General discussions about eBay.ca Suspensions. This forum is mostly geared towards Canada eBay sellers.

Old 06-04-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 63%
Default New Paypal/Ebay with business info in Canada?

So long story short, I was permanently suspended on paypal and ebay.

I have read through a lot of the stealth info on here but haven't really found the solution I'm looking for.
I was selling quite a high amount before I was closed (about $3000-$5000 sales per week).

Now, I understand that a US account will usually ask for SSN (or EIN for LLC) if I sell that high amount. But will a Canadian business paypal account be forced to provide a SIN or something similar to a EIN?

Instead of buying a stealth account in the US, I'm thinking of incorporating a Canadian company and using its information on paypal as a business account.

Of course, I would use a new bank account, credit card, phone number, ip address, user account, address, etc.
In that case, I wouldn't even need to be stealth since the business is the identity and not me as an individual.

Would this be possible? And has anyone contacted ebay to raise or eliminate seller limits with a new account if they provide all the info they need?

And has anyone been asked for a SIN in Canada after they have been limited?

Thanks for reading this and I hope I'm not just asking questions that are already on the forum since this is Canada specific anyways.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-05-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum.

Firstly - understand that even with stealth methods, you should NOT be aiming to selling this high RIGHT away...you are asking for trouble. Make multiple accounts and spread sales so you can BUILD credibility. If not ...asking for limitation.

For Canada, if you get hit with ID verification, they will ask for government-issued identification...lately there have been requests for SIN but that's optional...don't give it out.

Don't think for a moment that a Canadian account is stronger than American - same principles for activity exist - dont go all out from the get go.

As for registering the Canadian business as the PP identity...I actually havent explored that enough...I still maintain an individual as the registration person.
Old 06-05-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 63%

Thanks for the reply.

I understand that selling a high limit right away will result in a limitation but what if I can provide all the info they need through my business name and corporation?

Since it is a corporation, they shouldn't be asking info about the CEO or the person creating the account's driver's license or home address.

I fully intend on becoming a legal entity and paying taxes to the government so stealth is not even necessary as long as I don't connect my personal info to my business.

So even if they limit the account, I should be able to provide all the info they require as long as they don't ask for my personal SIN, driver's license, or info which they shouldn't be doing anyways for a business account because a corporation it is a completely separate entity with employees and stock holders. Paypal wouldn't ask for the CEO's driver's license if Blackberry started selling on paypal so this is the same situation.

Since I already have a lot of items in stock to sell, I want to be able to sell the same amount as before I was banned ASAP. Maybe there is a way to pre-verify my business info with paypal/ebay and speak with them about my business goals with them?

Paypal shouldn't ban people for just listing a lot of items with a new account if all the info is correct and verified. A lot of people are probably expanding their current business to include ebay but have a large customer base already so they list a lot of items immediately.

I hope I'm understanding this correctly.
Old 06-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyman007 View Post
Thanks for the reply.

I understand that selling a high limit right away will result in a limitation but what if I can provide all the info they need through my business name and corporation?

Paypal shouldn't ban people for just listing a lot of items with a new account if all the info is correct and verified. A lot of people are probably expanding their current business to include ebay but have a large customer base already so they list a lot of items immediately.

I hope I'm understanding this correctly.
You certainly are not understanding paypal correctly at all.

Regardless of the country, if paypal perceives a risk to themselves, an account may be limited.

Certainly presenting suitable papers is helpful & wise. If paypal makes the choice they dislike anything about the account, they react accordingly.

Now, if/when you make a paypal account, you have agreed to their T&S.
Such terms are not entirely defined. paypal will do what it wants.

Thus your expectations of success may be limited if paypal chooses.

To proceed with making a new account, you must understand this likelihood.

Consider all of this carefully.

Old 06-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Certainly presenting suitable papers is helpful & wise. If paypal makes the choice they dislike anything about the account, they react accordingly.

Now, if/when you make a paypal account, you have agreed to their T&S.
Such terms are not entirely defined. paypal will do what it wants.

Thus your expectations of success may be limited if paypal chooses.
Exactly OP - even with your best planned method of attack, you can fail - nothing is 100%.

Now...if you try to make MULTIPLE stealth accounts and spread sales...your chances of success can go up /wink