verification. Phone or cc - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Canada eBay Discussions

Canada eBay Discussions General discussions about eBay.ca Suspensions. This forum is mostly geared towards Canada eBay sellers.

Old 02-10-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default verification. Phone or cc

well last nite after reading threw the eBay Stealth ebook. And some helpful emails from mike . I registered my new account did some browsing and went to send some questions. It asked for verification either by phone or Credit card . I used a pay as you go phone . But if i was to use a credit card at that point. and later down the road if i was to sell something would they then ask for phone verification.?. Even tho i did it with the cc. Thanks in advance for any input on this question.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-10-2009

Longevity: 90%

With ebay, they can call you at any time, it is wise to have a working phone no. that is consistent. They called me unexpectedly when my anti virus erased some flash cookies and I did not realize it, so they considered my computer a "new computer".
Also, it depends on whether you have a verified paypal account attached. They are less likely to call you in that case. Thirdly, if you sell high volume or high risk items, they are more likely to call you, (either ebay or paypal). So, while they may not verify your phone no. for the reason you ask, they could call it for any number of reasons. Wise to be prepared.
Old 02-10-2009
Threadstarter  

thanks for the great info.
Old 04-10-2009

Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsof baskets View Post
With ebay, they can call you at any time, it is wise to have a working phone no. that is consistent. They called me unexpectedly when my anti virus erased some flash cookies and I did not realize it, so they considered my computer a "new computer".
Also, it depends on whether you have a verified paypal account attached. They are less likely to call you in that case. Thirdly, if you sell high volume or high risk items, they are more likely to call you, (either ebay or paypal). So, while they may not verify your phone no. for the reason you ask, they could call it for any number of reasons. Wise to be prepared.

I have many CA accounts, and if you have a verified paypal account, they will not call you. I spoke to more members on this forum and they say the same thing. Just verify your paypal account before selling on ebay.
Old 04-10-2009

Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

I see you liked my avatar Ebayfreak.

I know this is in the Canada section, so the U.S has nothing to do with it, but I know they do call for sure in the U.S. from time to time to check on what your listing.
Old 04-10-2009

Longevity: 90%

While others may say they have never been called, I can say without a doubt that I have been called. My paypal is verified, I started slowly, don't sell much on the account and don't sell high risk, high dollar or vero. I am sure it was my flash cookies being deleted by mistake. My account is still up and running with no problems. I keep working phones and addresses that I have access to on the accounts and have not been limited or suspended since I started following stealth. If you consider your accounts easily disposable then I can understand not following those precautions. I have chosen to play it safe, less headaches.
Old 04-10-2009

Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman View Post
I see you liked my avatar Ebayfreak.

I know this is in the Canada section, so the U.S has nothing to do with it, but I know they do call for sure in the U.S. from time to time to check on what your listing.

Yup like him a lot, but will look maybe a different one that nobody has yet. But about calling, if you signed up with a number and they trey to call you but don`t get a answer they always send you a email, as long as your paypal is verified your good. And yes i have many small accounts so they are not as gold to me, but i still spend a lot of time making them. So far everything o.k for me, if anybody needs help with Virtual number in canada just p.m me.

T