Simon still good for EBAY PayPal? Using Simon - General problems / issues with Simon - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Credit Card Alternatives

Credit Card Alternatives Prepaid, Gift, Debit and Credit Cards. Credit Card Alternatives. Bank Account Verification and Alternatives.

Old 05-02-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%
Default Simon Gift Account

Simon gift account also needed to be actived by your phone number before use. If I put my phone number to active Simon card, can EBAY find my phone number. I put my phone number on my suspended ebay account already. Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-02-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Simon and eBay are in no way connected they share nothing.
Old 05-02-2007

aspkin, thanks for your informtaion.
Old 05-03-2007

Default Simon still good for EBAY? Using Simon on EBAY - General problems / issues with Simon

I ordered the Simon card and still didn't get the email and called just now,said it would take at least 2 days . Why it took too long
Old 05-05-2007
Administrator

Aye, at first it took me about 2 days to receive my first card. But after that it was less then 24 hours. They're a good solid company; don't worry about not receiving what you order.
Old 05-05-2007

At albertsons they have a Visa unreloadable Gift Card.. This I hope will work

it is and ALL ACCESS Gift card for 25.00 I will give it a try.

EB100:D
Old 05-05-2007
Administrator

Yeah, I've used several different prepaid cards. Simon's cards are the easiest and less time consuming one yet. You can use any card that's never been attached to an eBay account though. Simon is just an option and if you use it correctly a money saver as well.
Old 05-05-2007

Great ..this one is easy but you have to verify to use for internet purchases via call or on line but you do not have to wait like simon ..will see if all works.

Thanks EB100
Old 05-17-2007

Default Problems with Simon.com Giftcards

So I bought two of their cards 45 days ago. They never delivered them. A month ago they said the account was on hold and to call their loss prevention number and always rings busy and doesn't answer the phone. I call them today, 45 days later, demanding a refund and they do nothing and either tell me to call that number or else they just stick me on hold forever and ignore me.

So beware simon.com. Steals money and gives you nothing.

Giftcards.com on the other hand does actually give you what you pay for.

Last edited by Jonas; 05-27-2008 at 07:49 PM.
Old 05-17-2007

Longevity: 99%

Yeah, they are shady sometimes.
Old 05-18-2007

Well after being harsh with one of their Indian phone reps and threatening a chargeback and waiting on hold forever and explaining that the cards were for myself to make new ebay accounts they finally reversed them in a process that took 15 minutes each for them to find and remove on the computer. They now say wait two to three weeks for it to post to my card.

Last edited by Jonas; 05-27-2008 at 07:50 PM.
Old 05-18-2007

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
That sounds like hearsay. Does anyone know for sure? What are Simon's Terms of Service on this?
This is from there terms and conditions. Simon don't keep your money but hell if you don't use the money on the card within the expiration date(which is like a year from the time you buy it) then you arent too pressed over the lost money anyway.....

Expiration

"The Giftaccount is valid through the expiration date shown on the front of the reference card provided to you when the Giftaccount was opened and in the "My Accounts" section of Simon Malls | More Choices - The Prepaid Visa debit Gift Card and Visa Gift Account from Simon.com or until the value on the Giftaccount reaches zero, except where prohibited or modified by applicable law. When the Giftaccount expires it will be closed and any unused balance will be handled according the state escheatment law. If there is a balance remaining after the expiration date, you may call 1-866-885-6320 to request that a new Giftaccount be opened as allowed in accordance with applicable law. The new Giftaccount will have a value equal to the remaining balance of the expired Giftaccount minus an Expired Account Fee in the amount shown in the section of this Agreement captioned "MetaBank Fees". The expiration date on the new Giftaccount will be at least 20 months from the date the new Giftaccount is opened. "
Old 05-19-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
Wonder what the Expired Account Fee is? But you are right CPU, if you haven't used up the twenty bucks or whatever by then, you probably don't need it.

But I like to keep ONE DOLLAR on the cards indefinitely, because that is all you need to get them verified to open accounts on EBAY and other places with.
I opened account as low as .15 cent on a card
Old 05-19-2007

So could you use the Simon card to make a payment on any account (just like paypal) or when you register with that card, are you pretty much stamping it with that account from then on (due to the address you input), meaning you have $20 or so tied up in it that you'll eventually have to use? How flexible is that card? Obviously I haven't been in the position yet to have to order one, but I've been darned close a couple times. The suggestion another member made about using one card to buy others is a good one, but aside from that, what can you do with the card but just use it to pay fees on that account or perhaps buy gas or something? If you tried to use it in the store and they asked for ID you'd be having to explain some things. They might even turn you in for ID theft if that information is on the card!
Old 05-19-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
So could you use the Simon card to make a payment on any account (just like paypal) or when you register with that card, are you pretty much stamping it with that account from then on (due to the address you input), meaning you have $20 or so tied up in it that you'll eventually have to use? How flexible is that card? Obviously I haven't been in the position yet to have to order one, but I've been darned close a couple times. The suggestion another member made about using one card to buy others is a good one, but aside from that, what can you do with the card but just use it to pay fees on that account or perhaps buy gas or something? If you tried to use it in the store and they asked for ID you'd be having to explain some things. They might even turn you in for ID theft if that information is on the card!
We are using virtual cards , not the physical cards....
Old 05-19-2007

Ah, ok. But that still leaves the question of what you can use them for. If it's tied to that one bogus address registered with ebay, you could only use that card for that one account on ebay and not for purchasing anything anywhere else online correct? Because otherwise, wouldn't it be sent to that address?
Old 05-19-2007

Quote:
Ah, ok. But that still leaves the question of what you can use them for. If it's tied to that one bogus address registered with ebay, you could only use that card for that one account on ebay and not for purchasing anything anywhere else online correct? Because otherwise, wouldn't it be sent to that address?
What! Man it is a credit card .. You can use where ever the hell you want to use it...lol
Old 05-19-2007

You're not getting my meaning. If the card is registered with that address only (as Modee pointed out), it would be limited to be used only on that one account. You couldn't use it to buy something because if it was delivered, you'd never see it. It would go to Bob Jones in BFE. Not you.
Old 05-19-2007

Quote:
You're not getting my meaning. If the card is registered with that address only (as Modee pointed out), it would be limited to be used only on that one account. You couldn't use it to buy something because if it was delivered, you'd never see it. It would go to Bob Jones in BFE. Not you.
Sure you can, you can just specify a diffrent shipping address.

But thats why i don't use simon. I usually just go to the store and buy a card, that way I can use the money for whatever
Old 05-19-2007

Exactly...Thanks Modee
Old 06-12-2007

Longevity: 97%
Default set up a new account today thanx to simon

I set up a new account today at my local library, so i had a few questions if anyone could help.

1. can i still access my new account from my home computer
( have a laptop, and home computer,.wireless connection

2. when i created the account i didnt enter any paypal information, for i was just going to put imy paypal email in the payment box. But im currently using my friends account w. the same address from my suspended account. Should i stop using his account and make my new email address for my "simon account" the primart address...

( i know its a complicated question but would greatly apperciate an answer,,,thanx.....

first posting new to community,..
Old 06-12-2007

1) yes, but ONLY AFTER you clean all your cookies from your computers, and change your IP address.
2) What?... I'm lost after the first sentence. What address are you referring to? Physical address, paypal email address or just an email address? And what are you talking about your simon account address, email or physical? Be clear.