eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   CryptoCurrency (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/cryptocurrency/)
-   -   Crypto Blowing Up (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/cryptocurrency/126169-crypto-blowing-up.html)

nate 03-13-2021 11:22 AM

Re: Crypto Blowing Up

Quote:

Originally Posted by quest (Post 1145451)
Of course, they will never announce when they will liquidate their BTC. You will know it after party :D

They will have no choice but to announce when they move so much as a satoshi of bitcoin, blockchain is transparent sir, it is possible to know the moment a transaction is broadcast to the network.

FEW UNDERSTAND THIS.

CaptainComedown 03-13-2021 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quest (Post 1145346)
Sure they can

Best buyers are "holders" - they raise the price and higher price attracts more buyers, and bubble is growing based on expactation to get rich out of this growth.

Pump & dump - thats what big players do.. microstrategy is best example of it :)

Yes I'm aware of how pump and dumps work, but you can just ride them out. The price will go up and then it will come down, and then if you wait patiently it will go back up again, often past the ATH of the previous pump.

Or if you monitor the market daily you can take advantage of the pump. Just sell at the high price and then buy back in when it dips again. I usually put the full amount back in, so my portfolio has the same value but I own more coins.

Like I said, IMO you can only lose money on crypto if you panic and sell in the red

quest 03-13-2021 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate (Post 1145459)
They will have no choice but to announce when they move so much as a satoshi of bitcoin, blockchain is transparent sir, it is possible to know the moment a transaction is broadcast to the network.

FEW UNDERSTAND THIS.

when transaction happens, you will know it after it happend... if you know their wallet address and have software to track it.. :D

quest 03-13-2021 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainComedown (Post 1145461)
Yes I'm aware of how pump and dumps work, but you can just ride them out. The price will go up and then it will come down, and then if you wait patiently it will go back up again, often past the ATH of the previous pump.

Or if you monitor the market daily you can take advantage of the pump. Just sell at the high price and then buy back in when it dips again. I usually put the full amount back in, so my portfolio has the same value but I own more coins.

Like I said, IMO you can only lose money on crypto if you panic and sell in the red

Nice, you know how to play :)

slokor 03-13-2021 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quest (Post 1145467)
Nice, you know how to play :)

Do I need to cue the sarcasm again?
Apparently youre the only one who knows the game and the rest of us who have been in this for years know nothing.
Guess when I bought my Bitcoin holdings at $170 I knew nothing.
Guess me holding my Bitcoins for the last few years and repeatedly saying ill be holding long term and never liquidating any of them for this long was a huge mistake...
Such a shame I lost all this money...
Oh wait... LOL!!!

Soundofsilence 03-13-2021 01:48 PM

Have 80-20 rule here.

When crypto is at its pick. Wait for 20% drop. Buy it. When crypto goes up, sell it.

After each 20% down, inevitably at least once crypto will go up.

slokor 03-13-2021 05:52 PM

I don't bother selling it.
I play on the ETH/BTC pair.
Much safer way to make money.

SaiJin 03-13-2021 06:50 PM

The question is how much is high enough for each of us to cash in our coins because we can't hodl forever. Last year I said to myself when my total is 6 figures but now I said 7 figures.

Second which is unclear to me, how safe is it to keep our coins in our wallets like coinbase, Binance , etc for a long time.
I heard of people getting their coinbase wallets suspended for some random reason and not getting their coins.

slokor 03-13-2021 06:58 PM

I keep the majority of my holdings offline in cold storage wallets.
Id never trust anyone else with whats mine.

SaiJin 03-14-2021 02:56 AM

Hmmm.... I was wondering about if I could put mycoins on an SSD that'll never fail.
So that's what they are called... cold storage.

Time to do a research on the best one then.

james_112233 03-14-2021 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1145489)
The question is how much is high enough for each of us to cash in our coins because we can't hodl forever. Last year I said to myself when my total is 6 figures but now I said 7 figures.

Second which is unclear to me, how safe is it to keep our coins in our wallets like coinbase, Binance , etc for a long time.
I heard of people getting their coinbase wallets suspended for some random reason and not getting their coins.

Terrifies me. And their customer service is abysmal.

But I did verify my account with passport / DL so can't see why they would just lock my account. I even told them how much I plan to put in on sign up.

james_112233 03-14-2021 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 1145490)
I keep the majority of my holdings offline in cold storage wallets.
Id never trust anyone else with whats mine.

What would you recommend, do you have a step by step ? or a link to a how to.

I'm tempted to buy back in when btc dips. Looks like it will hit atleast 50,000 GBP by the end of the year at some point so I do stand to make some money if I put in all of my savings.

SaiJin 03-14-2021 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_112233 (Post 1145507)

I'm tempted to buy back in when btc dips. Looks like it will hit atleast 50,000 GBP by the end of the year at some point so I do stand to make some money if I put in all of my savings.

THe prediction for BTC is 220k by end of 2021...
So that's what I'm gunning for.

This is coming from Max Keiser

SaiJin 03-14-2021 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_112233 (Post 1145505)
Terrifies me. And their customer service is abysmal.

But I did verify my account with passport / DL so can't see why they would just lock my account. I even told them how much I plan to put in on sign up.

Yea well my coinbase account are also verified. I haven't signed in for a year and have 0 balance since I use a different wallet.
The day I signed in again a month ago, they gave me a bogus reason that I'm fraudulent and just shut down my acc. Thank god it has $0

I was about to use it for real too.

Soundofsilence 03-14-2021 04:12 AM

I have all my BTC in cold storage only. As many people here are not clear on cold storage, I will be here soon with step by step guide.

On top of that, I have never stored any coins in online wallets till date. It was dificult to complete research and implement all practically but it brings infinite peace of mind when you and only you have access to your coins no matter what.

just_smile 03-14-2021 04:49 AM

Quote:

Do NOT put all of your savings in to BTC at these prices or on a 'Dip' The time to buy and accumulate was under 10k during the last 3 years. You are not going to get rich buying bitcoin at these prices. Like any 'investment' you should be entering with a clear long term time frame (5+years). From your posts you can't handle the daily/weekly price movements. Save yourself a lot of heartache and do not buy, you will almost certainly lose money.

Do NOT use coinbase to buy (highest fees) and do NOT store any amount in Coinbase. They can and will shut you down and lock your funds for no reason. They have no customer support and no offices in the UK. Even if they steal your money you will have no recourse. Letting a centralised company like coinbase control your bitcoin is the number 1 no no in crypto.

You buy bitcoin at an exchange or p2p site, then transfer immediately to cold storage. A ledger or trezor is best for most people

james_112233 03-14-2021 05:36 AM

What happens should your "cold storage" device fail ?

or is stolen from your home

Can someone then have access to all your crypto ?

What is the best p2p or exchange site to use in the UK ?

just_smile 03-14-2021 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_112233 (Post 1145515)

When you set up your own wallet, you are given a seed which is a set of 12 or 24 words. You write these down on a piece of paper and store them somewhere safe. NEVER store the seed electronically such as on your phone or laptop.

If the device is stolen, broken or lost, then you can access your wallet using those seed words. It is the seed that is important. Never share it with anyone for any reason. If you told me your seed words I could access your funds and steal them.

james_112233 03-14-2021 05:48 AM

Ok i'm a bit confused

How is it cold storage then if the wallet is still owned by the company / accessed by them ?

So if my device failed, I gave them my password (seed) they can issue a new device and load up my data on to it ?

What if this company goes bust ? does my money go with them ?

I also read CoinBase is the highest in fees because of how well regulated they are. They are also going on the stock exchange. Surely that brings some form of security knowing they are the biggest player ?

just_smile 03-14-2021 06:42 AM

The wallet is only owned and accessible to you. No one can access your funds.

If your device failed you just input your 24 words in to another device and you have access to your funds again.

You can not lose your funds no matter what happens so long as you don't fall victim to a scam and give away your seed phrase to scammer.

Freakzilla 03-14-2021 07:46 AM

Dude, if you can't function due to the worry of having £5k in Bitcoin how would you be with your life savings in it?

Quote:

agent006140 03-14-2021 08:53 AM

no risk,no reward,he wants to make money by playing some game he does not understand.

agent006140 03-14-2021 08:57 AM

50,000 GBP,there are alternative investments out there which make you sleep better at night!

Soundofsilence 03-14-2021 09:54 AM

People will need patiante to watch full video but do a favour to yourself and watxh it full. Thank me later. All doubts will get cleared and much money you're gonna save after understanding the concepts discussed here. The least popular youtube video but its a goldmine if you believe me and invest your 1 hour of life.

https://youtu.be/cwYa6Ywz7tY

Soundofsilence 03-14-2021 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_112233 (Post 1145517)
Ok i'm a bit confused

How is it cold storage then if the wallet is still owned by the company / accessed by them ?

So if my device failed, I gave them my password (seed) they can issue a new device and load up my data on to it ?

What if this company goes bust ? does my money go with them ?

I also read CoinBase is the highest in fees because of how well regulated they are. They are also going on the stock exchange. Surely that brings some form of security knowing they are the biggest player ?

12 or 24 words key phrace is neither generated nor provided by trezor or ledger.

Its integrated part of block chain platform. Watch above video and you'll 100% change the way use bitcoins.

nate 03-14-2021 11:22 AM

If you guys are looking to just buy Bitcoin, swanbitcoin.com is the best/cheapest I know of. You can move coins from Swan to personal wallet.

pro.coinbase.com, gemini.com, and binance.us are going to be the most trustworthy exchanges in the United States for US residents.

Best hardware wallet is trezor

2nd best hardware wallet is ledger

If those wallets don't natively hold the coin you want you probably shouldn't be moving those coins from exchange, because when they pump you'll need to sell them fast. They will dump even faster 99% of the time.

slokor 03-14-2021 12:37 PM

Quote:

If you want to be at the highest safety level just send it to yourself at whatever address and write down on a piece of paper the 'private address' of the BTC you sent. Put that piece of paper in your safety deposit box in the bank and youre as secure as can be.
You have other options such as the trezor offline 'hardware' wallet and such. You can do your research into those - many of those are sold on amazon so you can read the reviews about them there from others who bought and used them.

slokor 03-14-2021 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1145510)
THe prediction for BTC is 220k by end of 2021...
So that's what I'm gunning for.

This is coming from Max Keiser

Lots of predictions from lots of people.
I think 220k is a overly optimistic.
I do know that if it DOES reach $220k ill be retiring this year a multi millionaire with a mansion and a couple of lambos in my driveway - so crossing my fingers :)

slokor 03-14-2021 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_112233 (Post 1145515)

Always have everything backed up.
Example - I use an electrum wallet on my PC. Noone can just hack the password to get into it cause its not 'online (its on my own PC). And should my computer crash I can recreate the wallet using the seed - the 12 unique words generated to do just that. Those 12 words I split into 2 6 words batches and sent them to my 4 main emails -each batch to two of the emails - EVERYTHING is backed up.
In addition I have everything written down and in my safety deposit box as I mentioned before. Can never be too safe.

SaiJin 03-15-2021 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate (Post 1145551)
If you guys are looking to just buy Bitcoin, swanbitcoin.com is the best/cheapest I know of. You can move coins from Swan to personal wallet.

pro.coinbase.com, gemini.com, and binance.us are going to be the most trustworthy exchanges in the United States for US residents.

Best hardware wallet is trezor

2nd best hardware wallet is ledger

If those wallets don't natively hold the coin you want you probably shouldn't be moving those coins from exchange, because when they pump you'll need to sell them fast. They will dump even faster 99% of the time.

1. If we move it to a cold storage / hardware wallet, will we be taxed?

2. How fast can we transfer the coins from the hardware wallet to say binance to sell them for cash?

GreenBean 03-15-2021 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_112233 (Post 1145517)

They lack good customer service. They deny access to accounts with little to no explanation. There are too many incidents where BTC clients are reporting they no longer have access to their holdings.

This does make trust an issue for many people. My account was frozen. Not a pleasant feeling.

:attention:

agent006140 03-15-2021 10:06 PM

I hope it works out for all of you,running from 55K to 220k by end of 2021.$$

slokor 03-15-2021 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1145677)
1. If we move it to a cold storage / hardware wallet, will we be taxed?

2. How fast can we transfer the coins from the hardware wallet to say binance to sell them for cash?

1. Technically speaking I believe crypto is taxed as a capital gain at this point.
If you had your BTC in an exchange that knew your identity due to KYC procedures the taxman can track the BTC to any address you withdraw it to since the blockchain is transparent. If that BTC is then somehow cashed out they can track it down. BTC is not as anonymous as many think. You can always claim it was stolen and then 'launder' it through a tumbler service though. The issue will remain turning it into fiat - which can be simple or complex depending on your location. I for example have a physical crypto exchange within 3 minutes walk from my place that will buy up to $10k of BTC for cash per day - with no ID required. VERY convenient. Once the fiat is in your hands it is up to you how you wish to handle any taxation issues.
2.Moving it from a hardware wallet to Binance can be done pretty much instantly at any moment. Selling it then for cash would depend on the process with Binance which I am not familiar with. This of course negates any chance at anonymity as I described above.

slokor 03-15-2021 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 1145695)
They lack good customer service. They deny access to accounts with little to no explanation. There are too many incidents where BTC clients are reporting they no longer have access to their holdings.

This does make trust an issue for many people. My account was frozen. Not a pleasant feeling.

:attention:

I said it before and ill say it again - Coinbase is the paypal of crypto.

Soundofsilence 03-16-2021 11:24 AM

I have found very easy way for cash out. I used paxful many times with only 1 BTC trader who had highest feedbacks there along with btc trade volume. After that I started cashing out outside paxful with him and now its so simple. I just send btc directly from my trezor wallent to their btc address and they can send me money to requested payment method. Neither trezor wallet is tracked nor vendor has tracked data of KYC.

It may not be safe/easy to find for everyone but now the vendor has created automated site of their own which is totally non kyc based cashing out service. I wont share the site name because I dont want to be a cause here for anyone else's losses but definitely if I can find such a thing then you can also dig into such directions starting with low trade volume.

I never liked the idea of cashing out on KYC based platforms.

Soundofsilence 03-16-2021 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 1145555)
If you want to be at the highest safety level just send it to yourself at whatever address and write down on a piece of paper the 'private address' of the BTC you sent. Put that piece of paper in your safety deposit box in the bank and youre as secure as can be.
You have other options such as the trezor offline 'hardware' wallet and such. You can do your research into those - many of those are sold on amazon so you can read the reviews about them there from others who bought and used them.

I was talking about giving steps/guide for cold storage but slokor has rightly explained it already so no point in re-iterating the same in different way.

SaiJin 03-16-2021 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 1145723)
1. Technically speaking I believe crypto is taxed as a capital gain at this point.
If you had your BTC in an exchange that knew your identity due to KYC procedures the taxman can track the BTC to any address you withdraw it to since the blockchain is transparent. If that BTC is then somehow cashed out they can track it down. BTC is not as anonymous as many think. You can always claim it was stolen and then 'launder' it through a tumbler service though. The issue will remain turning it into fiat - which can be simple or complex depending on your location. I for example have a physical crypto exchange within 3 minutes walk from my place that will buy up to $10k of BTC for cash per day - with no ID required. VERY convenient. Once the fiat is in your hands it is up to you how you wish to handle any taxation issues.
2.Moving it from a hardware wallet to Binance can be done pretty much instantly at any moment. Selling it then for cash would depend on the process with Binance which I am not familiar with. This of course negates any chance at anonymity as I described above.

So basically move the crypto into a hardware wallet, look for a physical exchange locally and do a cash transaction. THat's smart. Not sure if I have those kind of exchanges here.

in terms of taxes I believe as long as the funds are still in crypto format and not sold to get $ they won't tax us.

quest 03-16-2021 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1145807)
So basically move the crypto into a hardware wallet, look for a physical exchange locally and do a cash transaction. THat's smart. Not sure if I have those kind of exchanges here.

in terms of taxes I believe as long as the funds are still in crypto format and not sold to get $ they won't tax us.

if you buy crypto online (your bank/card -> exchange..), you can be tracked and taxed :)

slokor 03-16-2021 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1145807)

I believe that is correct.

SaiJin 03-16-2021 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 1145818)
I believe that is correct.

what's your exchange called? I google mapped my area and the only ones here sell for cash, not the other way around. And I'm sure they are uptight when it comes to taxes.