eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   CryptoCurrency (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/cryptocurrency/)
-   -   Any Bitcoin or Cyrptocurrency enthusiasts? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/cryptocurrency/87608-any-bitcoin-cyrptocurrency-enthusiasts.html)

vogeltron 07-18-2015 04:31 AM

Any Bitcoin or Cyrptocurrency enthusiasts?

Just curious I think the technology is amazing. Hard to say what will happen with fintech.

rsot 07-18-2015 05:10 AM

Re: Any Bitcoin or Cyrptocurrency enthusiasts?

I would love to get into it but no time or resources :(

vogeltron 07-18-2015 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 686473)
I would love to get into it but no time or resources :(

Yea it is intense I just bought my first couple bitcoins. I was unsure about it about 4 months ago even though I had supported the idea of it. My Capstone project for my MBA was on fintech (financial technology) lots of it was based around Bitcoin and Crypto Currencies. I am pretty convinced on the technology who will be the winner and loser is another thing.

Looking into even taking out small positions in Cyrptos like Dogecoin and Litecoin.

I will say Bitcoin and Altcoins are definitely not for the faint of heart. It is still early days and there is much volatility.

rsot 07-18-2015 05:51 AM

You bought first couple of bitcoins?

yankee 07-18-2015 06:36 AM

any good articles or website suggestions volgetron so I can get a better grasp of how all this works?

unkown5454 07-18-2015 10:49 AM

i love it, just hate the volatility. it's a huge gamble and only for those who have money they are willing to lose, either by the price of coins falling into hell or just waking up one day to find all of your coins have been stolen.

yankee 07-18-2015 11:01 AM

stolen? What do you mean exactly.

jakobrockz 07-18-2015 11:06 AM

If I understand it correctly, you put bitcoin into a "wallet" thats encrypted and I guess theres possibilities it can be hacked.

I'd love to get into bitcoin but I just can't grasp it.

jeffweico 07-18-2015 11:14 AM

A few years ago, someone sent me a message on eBay asking if I would take Bitcoin for an item that I had listed. Nobody had ever asked me that before. The item had been listed for months and wasn't selling. It was only $50. So, I got his email and we made the deal. I had always been interested in Bitcoin, but had never come across a reason for using it. I think I got 10 or 11 Bitcoins for the item.

When I took them, I felt stupid because I had my Bitcoin wallet on my PC and thought I would lose them if my hard drive ever crashed. But it wasn't a big deal to me, because we were talking about $50.

A year and a half later, the price of Bitcoins went through the roof! I sold them for $185 each and used the money (after Mt. Gox fees) to have a landscaper come out and create the garden I have always wanted but never wanted to pay for.

I have not done anything with Bitcoins since, because of the volatility, but I do accept them when selling eBay accounts. I would definitely convert them into real dollars as quickly as possible, because the price could very quickly go either way and I - despite my one GOOD experience - am usually on the LOSING end of speculative investments.

123 07-18-2015 12:31 PM

Bitcoin is great for sellers in my opinion as it reminds me of Liberty Reserve in terms of not having to worry about charge backs etc (hopefully doesn't go down like LR though) but I agree with Jeff I convert it instantly, not interested in speculating fluctuations with my sales atleast

yankee 07-18-2015 12:32 PM

can we safely transfer paypal funds to bitcoin?

jeffweico 07-18-2015 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123 (Post 686552)
Bitcoin is great for sellers in my opinion as it reminds me of Liberty Reserve in terms of not having to worry about charge backs etc (hopefully doesn't go down like LR though) but I agree with Jeff I convert it instantly, not interested in speculating fluctuations with my sales atleast

I don't think they can shut it down. Liberty Reserve was centralized and they were not licensed the way they should have been. But Bitcoin is spread out worldwide with the "blockchain".

So, the government could probably declare Bitcoin ILLEGAL if they wanted to, but I don't see how they could stop it.

unkown5454 07-18-2015 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 686536)
stolen? What do you mean exactly.

unless you store physically/locally, bitcoin exchanges continue to suffer from intrusion. And not just for pennies, but for 5, 6, 7 figures worth. is it going to happen to you? i don't know. it's just too much risk for me personally right now on top of how volatile the prices already are.

vogeltron 07-18-2015 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 686563)
I don't think they can shut it down. Liberty Reserve was centralized and they were not licensed the way they should have been. But Bitcoin is spread out worldwide with the "blockchain".

So, the government could probably declare Bitcoin ILLEGAL if they wanted to, but I don't see how they could stop it.

In the United States highly unlikely. They US Marshall service already auctioned off some of the Bitcoin seized from the Silk Road shutdown. Which by defacto says that it is legal to own. If anything there could be more regulation.

vogeltron 07-18-2015 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 686486)
any good articles or website suggestions volgetron so I can get a better grasp of how all this works?

I would say this is probably the best video I have seen with regards to explaining how Bitcoin works.

MM78 07-18-2015 05:39 PM

I've received bitcoin for a lower price and sold it for 3x the original receiving price....Not bad.

dan_ebay 07-18-2015 06:19 PM

I traded them for a bit a couple of years, was loads of arbitrage chances before everyone was so hot on it. I think its a joke personally as a alternative form of currency, as soon as it gets popular in a country a government can just ban it like they did in China.
People moan about banks with insider trading etc but crypto currency is much easier for people to manipulate

rsot 07-18-2015 06:57 PM

1 Bitcoin equals
277.59 US Dollar

The fluctuation is huge when you look at 2014 until now.

vogeltron 07-19-2015 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan_ebay (Post 686656)
I traded them for a bit a couple of years, was loads of arbitrage chances before everyone was so hot on it. I think its a joke personally as a alternative form of currency, as soon as it gets popular in a country a government can just ban it like they did in China.
People moan about banks with insider trading etc but crypto currency is much easier for people to manipulate

China hasn't banned Bitcoin they have however banned Financial institutions from being involved in Bitcoin. Some of largest Bitcoin mines are in China.

Personally without wide adoption anything is susceptible to huge volatility. I do think the Block-Chain technology is changing the future of finance. Fintech is about the hottest thing on earth with regards to VC funding. Especially in the UK London and Isle of man are huge on it.

Trustfund 07-23-2015 06:22 PM

Just saw this an thought i had to post.

i'd hate to toot my own horn but i'd consider myself an "expert" in this field lol . I dont mine bitcoin but instead altcoins such as litecoin and ethereum eventually upon its release

To answer a previous post yes you can convert funds from Paypal into bitcoin without involving a bank.

Why would you want to do this?

its untraceable if utilized with stealth and all the perks that come with that i wont mention.

the process is simple:

EBay => Paypal => sll (virtual currency) => bitcoin

With the current instability of the world economy in general (mainly due to fiat money and the sub prime loan epidemic) im an advocate of putting y
our money in something physical that has intrinsic value aka Gold, which you can purchase with bitcoin via a site called bitgold.com.

EBay => Paypal => sll (virtual currency) => bitcoin => Bitgold (gold) [now your moneys safe]

Just a heads up for when the us economy crashes and the usd is worthless and thus u americans adopt the amero and link it to the euro. (spelling world apocalypse)

Finally why dont people accept paypal as a payment for bitcoin?

The reason most bitcoin sellers dont like to sell coins via paypal is because a seller can simply do a chargeback and claim they didn't receive anything.

Is Bitcoin stable?

short answer is No, but its the most stable its ever been holding steady at around 1BTC per $250 / £180.

Why?

Because more and more major ecommerce sites and vendors are adopting it example microsoft and Newegg.

Should you mine it?

no....... unless you have a couple hundred thousand to spend on equipment. The time has gone for mining bitcoin but the next big thing is right around the corner. ETHEREUM!!! (new altcoin yet to be released) <<<<< research

Feel free to ignore this but i felt like posting

AccountMaster 07-23-2015 07:00 PM

Bitcoin is certianly useful and seems to be accepted by more and more private users and companies by the day! Here is the Bitcoin wallet that I use...its completely free and instant!

https://blockchain.info/wallet

bjammin 07-23-2015 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkown5454 (Post 686530)
i love it, just hate the volatility. it's a huge gamble and only for those who have money they are willing to lose, either by the price of coins falling into hell or just waking up one day to find all of your coins have been stolen.

I love the volatility!

Trustfund 07-24-2015 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjammin (Post 688417)
I love the volatility!

Same here, volatility to me = oppurtunity

dealagreeproceed 07-24-2015 01:28 AM

wow 1 bitcoin equals around 250usd???:shocked: what factors dictate the value tho?:pop2::pop2::juggle:

unkown5454 07-24-2015 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dealagreeproceed (Post 688453)
wow 1 bitcoin equals around 250usd???:shocked: what factors dictate the value tho?:pop2::pop2::juggle:

N00bs and hype trains.

rsot 07-24-2015 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dealagreeproceed (Post 688453)

That's actually very low - sadly, compared to 2014

dealagreeproceed 07-24-2015 02:40 AM

hmmm well paper money and PP are risky enough for me.
imaginary digital money is too far:attention::attention::attention::attention:

muzzie 07-24-2015 07:25 AM

BitCoins are great. But you should keep your walled very safe, or noone will save you if it becomes hacked. An yes, you can buy a Tesla for bitcons.

Callidus 07-24-2015 07:44 AM

Far too much of a risky game for me. It's all too f@ke as it seems. Crypto currency and all that. Sounds like it could go boom at any time and my money flutter into thin air.

doL 07-24-2015 08:57 AM

I followed crypos for a long time, and when I finally purchased, the market crashed heavily and I never recouped. This was when BTC was around $1k/ea. I followed other alt coins, watched a trend of up streams, and right when my money transferred and I was finally able to purchase, market took a dive and never recovered. It's almost as if my money was sitting at the top of the mound and the mound toppled over on it's own weight lol.

Trustfund 07-24-2015 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callidus (Post 688534)
Far too much of a risky game for me. It's all too f@ke as it seems. Crypto currency and all that. Sounds like it could go boom at any time and my money flutter into thin air.

i think to understand the benefits of bitcoin and currencies in general you have to understand "convential" money such as the US dollar for instance.

previously bank notes (e.g £20 note for instance) as we knew it were backed by something (gold) and were simply a receipt that could be easily exchanged during a transaction and save people lugging around gold.

Cutting it short no longer is this the case and hence we have fiat money (money isn't backed by anything).

THEREFORE THE MONEY THAT YOU CARRY AROUND WITH YOU AND IN YOUR BANK ACCOUNTS ARE ONLY WORTH SOMETHING BECAUSE WE BELIEVE ITS WORTH SOMETHING. iT'S WORTH NOTHING AND HAS NO VALUE ONLY THE PERCIEVED VALUE EVERYONE THINK IT HAS.

So what im getting at is that bitcoin is as "⊗⊗⊗⊗"/ "real" as conventional money is.

Bitcoin is probably less inclined to crash than the current financial sector given the fact that its decentralized compared the current centralized system.

And by the way, the US will crash, its simply a matter of time. If you dont believe me google the AMERO, It's the name the federal reserve have named as the new american currency.

Im not a bitcoin freak and mad about but the facts dont lie.

sorry for being a kill joy

danshan 07-24-2015 11:35 AM

crypto currency sucks really no one accepts it and it can be tedious to pay some one with it. if your not smart you can easily lose your money sending it to scammers or whoever by mistake its not like credit cards where you just cry and get your money back, if crypto is sent it is gone. Escrow for it is tedious and expensive. BUT ONE HUGE THING is privacy and not all the questions. I want to buy something the source is reliable BOOM send the btc give them an address it is done no your card did not go through no your address does not match the billing address none of that which is awesome.

Trustfund 07-24-2015 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danshan (Post 688586)
crypto currency sucks really no one accepts it and it can be tedious to pay some one with it. if your not smart you can easily lose your money sending it to scammers or whoever by mistake its not like credit cards where you just cry and get your money back, if crypto is sent it is gone. Escrow for it is tedious and expensive. BUT ONE HUGE THING is privacy and not all the questions. I want to buy something the source is reliable BOOM send the btc give them an address it is done no your card did not go through no your address does not match the billing address none of that which is awesome.

Try the Xapo btc card. Converts your bitcoin to cash instantly so everywhere you can use a normal debit/credit card you can use the xapo card.

https://xapo.com/wallet/

danshan 07-24-2015 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trustfund (Post 688557)
i think to understand the benefits of bitcoin and currencies in general you have to understand "convential" money such as the US dollar for instance.

previously bank notes (e.g £20 note for instance) as we knew it were backed by something (gold) and were simply a receipt that could be easily exchanged during a transaction and save people lugging around gold.

Cutting it short no longer is this the case and hence we have fiat money (money isn't backed by anything).

THEREFORE THE MONEY THAT YOU CARRY AROUND WITH YOU AND IN YOUR BANK ACCOUNTS ARE ONLY WORTH SOMETHING BECAUSE WE BELIEVE ITS WORTH SOMETHING. iT'S WORTH NOTHING AND HAS NO VALUE ONLY THE PERCIEVED VALUE EVERYONE THINK IT HAS.

So what im getting at is that bitcoin is as "⊗⊗⊗⊗"/ "real" as conventional money is.

Bitcoin is probably less inclined to crash than the current financial sector given the fact that its decentralized compared the current centralized system.

And by the way, the US will crash, its simply a matter of time. If you dont believe me google the AMERO, It's the name the federal reserve have named as the new american currency.

Im not a bitcoin freak and mad about but the facts dont lie.

sorry for being a kill joy

if any of what you say happens I wont give a crap if I have btc or cash, it will be useless without the US currency system kind of like 90% of the worlds currencies are useless without the US. PLus I think the topic of this is not world economy issue it is more people having a few btc buying and selling with it. BTC has opened a huge door for me for my digital sales. I mean I no longer accept anything but BTC for digital sales and magically sales down but net profit is up.

danshan 07-24-2015 12:02 PM

do not ever accept paypal for payment for cryptos EVER. I used advanced screening software and still have about a 20 percent fraud rate on crypto for paypal. This stuff takes a serious business plan that includes big losses. some cool stuff to look at is cryptothrift.com and localbitcoins.com both are vital to the BTC world. Any questions anyone has just ask me.

unkown5454 07-24-2015 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trustfund (Post 688557)

That's everyone's goto argument. Except, it also answers its own question. Only a fraction of nerds on the internet "believe" BTC is worth anything right now unlike USD, EUR, AUD, CAD, GBP, etc. It's barely one step above gamers selling WoW characters to each other. Is there profit to be made? Sure. But, that doesn't mean it's a legit currency.

Trustfund 07-24-2015 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danshan (Post 688597)
if any of what you say happens I wont give a crap if I have btc or cash, it will be useless without the US currency system kind of like 90% of the worlds currencies are useless without the US. PLus I think the topic of this is not world economy issue it is more people having a few btc buying and selling with it. BTC has opened a huge door for me for my digital sales. I mean I no longer accept anything but BTC for digital sales and magically sales down but net profit is up.

good to hear about you increased profits, i understand ive gone a bit off topic but theres a reason other major foreign companies are "investing" so heavily in the USA. They're realizing that the currency is a ticking time bomb, i've analysed 2 year reports and its staggering, people arent investing they're getting rid of their US dollars and instead buying up US infrastructure! Sorry but the US Dollar isn't the universal currency it once was. What currency is? who knows?

Call me crazy but i've done an internship with Deutsche bank and after debating with some fund managers on the matter, got to speak to John Mcarty - Big Data, Risk & FX Technology (not name dropping) on the matter, he actually agreed with me and said his words not mine "were screwed, a meltdown is inevitable but, its about minimizing the damage that will be done, The Federal reserve will most likely encourage the US State to fold (therefore it wont have to pay off its debts) this will cause anarchy and who knows what next"

Just saying, (last rant sorry)

Trustfund 07-24-2015 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkown5454 (Post 688608)
That's everyone's goto argument. Except, it also answers its own question. Only a fraction of nerds on the internet "believe" BTC is worth anything right now unlike USD, EUR, AUD, CAD, GBP, etc. It's barely one step above gamers selling WoW characters to each other. Is there profit to be made? Sure. But, that doesn't mean it's a legit currency.

"A fraction of nerds on the internet "believe" its worth something??? tell that to all the companies adopting it.

Who Accepts Bitcoins As Payment? List of Companies

MM78 07-24-2015 01:10 PM

Hey, We Nerds have feelings too! lol.

unkown5454 07-25-2015 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trustfund (Post 688620)
"A fraction of nerds on the internet "believe" its worth something??? tell that to all the companies adopting it.

Who Accepts Bitcoins As Payment? List of Companies

BTC instantly converted to cash. No one is holding on to BTC...

People in power have no use for it nor would they ever let money exist that no one can control.

Just because nerds use it to buy 1337 h4x stuff on da interwebz means absolutely nothing. No one would trade food, energy, etc. for BTC. All the things that make the world go round. On top of that, you have all these alt. coins now...why? Because someone wants theirs to be better than the rest and wants to be in control.

It has no common place amongst the billions of people in the world, especially for those who have no access to internet, phones, computers, etc. And again, you're going to need to go way beyond the internet for it to be real. Nations, leaders, energy companies, food companies...these control what currency can and can't do. Useless internet money with no control and no protection will never take the place of what exists today.