eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/dropshipping-wholesale-suppliers/)
-   -   Any credible way to find real manufacturers in China? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/dropshipping-wholesale-suppliers/120864-any-credible-way-find-real-manufacturers-china.html)

walkingupwards 10-13-2018 09:44 PM

Any credible way to find real manufacturers in China?

I am looking for a screen protectors manufacturer, but Alibaba doesn't seem like the place to go to!

Any suggestions on how to find real factories?

phaz0rz 10-14-2018 06:10 AM

Re: Any credible way to find real manufacturers in China?

Ali has plenty of real factories. My primary supplier manufactures screen protectors and we met on Ali years ago. If you aren't happy with Ali the next best option is traveling to China with a basic understanding of Mandarin.

walkingupwards 10-14-2018 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 949722)
Ali has plenty of real factories. My primary supplier manufactures screen protectors and we met on Ali years ago. If you aren't happy with Ali the next best option is traveling to China with a basic understanding of Mandarin.

From what I understood, most factories don't get involved in marketing and they sell directly to trading companies. Do you think that's correct?

phaz0rz 10-14-2018 07:18 AM

No, not entirely. It's true that there are tons of trading companies on there but there are also a lot of manufacturers. Almost all of the real factories on there also act as trading companies by sourcing products for customers they don't make themselves, and helping to consolidate shipments. That's how it is with our main supplier. They manufacture about 75% of what we buy and they source the rest from nearby factories.

It's been a while since I've been there but I'm pretty sure you can search for factories only. Lots of trading companies will pose as manufacturers. You've just got to talk to each supplier and find out which ones are actually making their own stuff.

A super hot and cheap to produce product like screen protectors surely has a few manufacturers on there.. you just have to hunt them down.

ebaystealth1974 10-14-2018 08:25 AM

I can't possibly think of a more saturated niche to sell in!

phaz0rz 10-14-2018 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 (Post 949741)
I can't possibly think of a more saturated niche to sell in!

Hey man, it still works believe it or not. Screen protectors can be shipped for $.50 or whatever a stamp costs now.

I got 1000 for iPhone 8 when it was new. Barely made anything on small retail orders but turned a slight profit on a few larger orders. Regardless - was still able to get rid of them all in less than a month.

:juggle:

ebaystealth1974 10-14-2018 08:42 AM

Oh, I know I can get rid of them. But making a profit is nearly non-existent.

I use them just to help pad the account with transactions and feedback. Which, I suspect that's what a lot of guys are doing.

rsot 10-14-2018 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 (Post 949749)
Oh, I know I can get rid of them. But making a profit is nearly non-existent.

I use them just to help pad the account with transactions and feedback. Which, I suspect that's what a lot of guys are doing.

Yes very slim profit margin so it relies heavily on volume...or gullible customers who overpay hah

SaiJin 10-14-2018 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingupwards (Post 949695)
I am looking for a screen protectors manufacturer, but Alibaba doesn't seem like the place to go to!

If you're just using the products to pad your account, And even if you're looking for a real supplier, I still think alibaba is a good source.

you'll just have to comb through the list and take time picking a seller that you like.

rsot 10-14-2018 09:57 AM

Problems with dhgate on this screen protector search? Just wondering

BigCJ 10-16-2018 07:47 PM

DHgate is a lot of middle men and for smaller MQOs.

adc 10-19-2018 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingupwards (Post 949695)

We are in China. We source from the same suppliers who sell on Alibaba, AliExpress and eBay. They are often the same factories or wholesale entities just selling at different price levels depending on the channels in question. We can often find better prices than quoted on the above platforms, because we get them through the same channels that Chinese retailers purchase through, rather than the channels above which are targeted at foreigners and where they have no qualms about giving the "foreigner discount" (i.e. an inflated price, even at wholesale)

phaz0rz 10-19-2018 05:54 AM

You should change your flag.

rsot 10-19-2018 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 950987)
You should change your flag.

good one phaz :thumb:

@adc, welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth :thumb:

BigCJ 10-19-2018 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adc (Post 950985)
We are in China. We source from the same suppliers who sell on Alibaba, AliExpress and eBay. They are often the same factories or wholesale entities just selling at different price levels depending on the channels in question. We can often find better prices than quoted on the above platforms, because we get them through the same channels that Chinese retailers purchase through, rather than the channels above which are targeted at foreigners and where they have no qualms about giving the "foreigner discount" (i.e. an inflated price, even at wholesale)

You should talk to the mods before trying to offer your services.

adc 10-19-2018 07:04 PM

I'm American. We don't change flags.

phaz0rz 10-20-2018 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adc (Post 951158)

Sure we do. Guy down the road from me has a Mexico flag.

JamesNorth101 10-20-2018 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adc (Post 951158)

If your physically located in China, flag should match

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 (Post 949749)

Exactly the point of items like this. It helps to push other items best match up and make sales on more profitable items

walkingupwards 10-27-2018 08:50 AM

The prices I am getting for screen protectors range between 0.15 and 0.30 $

Is this range normal in your opinions?

Play 10-27-2018 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 949722)

Exactly... and if you need any particular new product, you can just ask them and see if they can source it for you.

It's all about networking with the right people.

mattat22 10-27-2018 04:50 PM

alibaba have alot of representitives directly from the factories.. cant be better

accountsell 10-29-2018 05:32 AM

How can I do dropshiping? I should buy from china and sell in ebay?or I should give an address to my customers in ebay to dhgate.com?

What is the dropshipping?