Digital Product Ideas? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers

Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers Discuss Dropshipping on/off eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy and other platforms.

Old 06-27-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 27%
Default Digital Product Ideas?

I see that lots of digital products are frowned upon by eBay. So I guess the best bet would be to put the info on some type of media (like a cheap USB). Just wondering this as of now because the markups are huge.

Ive been thinking:
-Leads (Such as for real estate, I know easy sources now) (I even paid $1000 for leads before, but now I know where I could have obtained them for free.)
-Software (Programs-Like CC Cleaner/OS's-Like Linux Distros)
-Info Courses/Ebooks of my own branding (I have some decent information, but Id prefer a subscription base instead one day down the line)
-Other (Likes/Followers/Etc that can be done with automated programs)(Triaged services from Fiverr like Logos)
-Physical/Digital Coupon for Service/Consulting
-Websites: Ive contemplated doing wordpress sites for people. Most businesses have a site now days. One simple one to emphasize Yellowpages ads would be good.

Kind of looking to avoid too much time investment in the products. I know as time goes on the information is usually worth less thanks to the information aging and ripoff competitors. I see when you bundle you can make more, such as Brandbucket listings and so on.

Other than digital Ive heard of coupons bulk. I know some are valuable, but theres limitations on some platforms. Theres ways couponers get bulk, but its time consuming. Doing things legit these days is becoming more and more a hassle.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-28-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Digital Product Ideas?

All these attack patterns are good but need to invest time and volume. What's your net profit goal?
Old 06-28-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Digital product selling is great for new sellers from 3rd world countries with 0 available capital to invest. If you don't meet that criteria I recommend you stay away since you'd be competing against a bunch of bottom feeders. Your business would be doomed from the start, in my opinion. At least in terms of how well you could do selling digital junk vs. actual products.
Old 06-28-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Digital product selling is great for new sellers from 3rd world countries with 0 available capital to invest. If you don't meet that criteria I recommend you stay away since you'd be competing against a bunch of bottom feeders. Your business would be doomed from the start, in my opinion. At least in terms of how well you could do selling digital junk vs. actual products.
Bottom feeders hah good one phaz
Old 06-28-2019
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Yes, but if you find winners I could imagine good upside.

Take for example real estate leads, its not that hard to work with title companies to get large lists in PDF format. Theres a lot more ideas like this Im sure out there that can be done with twists. Actually selling marketing funnels built out could be more profitable, I dont know the best place to market this service though, ideas?

Information wise Im gathering a lot of useful ecommerce tricks I could one day package into a course. Id have to show proof of success, but it doesnt have to be millions of dollars. To take a couple courses, combine the info with proven results and market it via PPC for few thousand dollars wouldnt be an impossible task.

Another digital product would be like sport picks. Im no handicapper, but I hear if you cold call gamblers theres thousands to be made. Im not going to do this as I have other ways to make more if Im going to cold call to get business.

The real reason Im looking into digital product ideas is its stuff that can be sod from anywhere in the world. I know when bitcoin was getting big there were people making a killing selling stupid PDFs, since it likely wont go to 100k any time soon though I wouldnt expect to pull down the same numbers as some of these guys. Theres still markets out there like bitify and others where you can sell on that arent blackmarket.

The best thing to do is likely to bundle so youre not competing with every person out there. It also gets you a higher ticket price.

I like passive, but thats not always possible. Some items I can find locally, some dropshipped, some custom made (POD/Consumables and so on).

I also created a coin roll hunting thread here out of interest. I kind of have an interest in currencies. I used to see stacks of bills you could get from the bank sold on eBay too, but now I look and Im not seeing them (some keyword Im not remembering perhaps?). I have one coin I found that has a good profit potential if I make Buy it Now Listings and buy from my legit source. Guess whatever new rules there are will put a hamper on selling financial instruments for a profit. I know of several things before I could have sold in this area that today it looks like I cannot. I do see certain gift cards selling for large premiums still, but makes me wonder the cons of selling them.

Ultimately Im wanting to avoid bartering with idiots as much as possible, which I would be doing if lowballing people on craigslist for laptops and such. Just trying to add revenue streams. I believe there may be something here, but it also seems riddled with fraud, heavy competition and other flaws. Thats why in a way I like a combination of digital/physical so theres tracking and so forth to partially protect me.

Last edited by EcommerceObsessed; 06-28-2019 at 10:04 AM.
Old 12-29-2022

Longevity: 34%

Hi. I been selling digital stuff for a couple years, maybe we can discuss something
Old 12-29-2022
Executive [VIP]

Old thread sunpeng1234 - OP hasnt been active in quite some time
Old 03-05-2023

Longevity: 12%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunpeng1234 View Post
Hi. I been selling digital stuff for a couple years, maybe we can discuss something
I need someone who can sell digital goods. Genuine antivirus software. I am looking for someone who is eBay approved seller. eBay is not accepting any new applications.