Can any one loop me in what really is a lucrative profit on ebay? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers

Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers Discuss Dropshipping on/off eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy and other platforms.

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
Default Can any one loop me in what really is a lucrative profit on ebay?

I need to find my niche market, and have yet to have success. I tried vero hand bags, to many issues, I tried diamonds and gold and lost money. please help! Need yor advise and expertise.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-27-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

SEC,
You have very little chance of anyone telling you their secrets. It makes you a competitor. Here's a very good thread from gibsonton about an approach he took http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...wholesale.html
Everyone has different demographics. Maybe look at your own circle and see if there are items that might work.
Old 08-28-2009

Activity: 21%
Longevity: 85%

I would recomend pieces of moldy old food which look like famous people. Or you could try placing your virginity up for sale...
Old 08-28-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%

Drug dealing, burglary and armed robbery are all extremely lucrative.

Make sure you have a feedback of at least 25 before trying to sell cocaine or heroine as they are VeRo.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
Gman91189 (03-23-2011)
Old 08-28-2009

Longevity: 93%

Virginity....As the saying goes, we wanted to sacrifice a virgin, but simply could not find one!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to TMiles For This Useful Post:
Gman91189 (03-23-2011)
Old 08-28-2009
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 91%

I guess it would depend on what your definition of lucrative means to you?

If its just something to supplement your current income, hit some estate sales and garage sales and develop a niche that way.

You won't have to deal with suppliers and VeRO take-downs.
Old 08-28-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%

You must do research, and come up with a plan that is good for you. As stated up, we all have different demographics so certain items may or may not work.

It takes some thought and research to come up with course of action based on the many changes with ebay today. It's one thing to find a niche, and its a another thing for figure out how to effectively sell your niche once you find it!!

Last edited by aking; 08-28-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old 08-29-2009
Threadstarter  

More humor than expected........Mother of two so armed robbery, burglary and drug dealing and virginty could have been great suggestions 10 years ago. Now, yard saleing and estate vists seem more up my ally. I am looking for REAL suggestions if you dont mind sharing. Please, I would only offer moldy anything to the trash!. So if you have nothing nice or helpful to say keep it to your self. Thanks.
Old 08-29-2009

Activity: 21%

Ask a silly question...
Old 08-29-2009
Threadstarter  

I have learned that. but I am a giving person and I share what is successfull for me. lol. ( Maybe thats why I need a new niche, lol)
Old 08-29-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

The best thing to do is to go to a mall and look at what item's are hot. Then look at how much the price is going on ebay and how hot the item is. Then you try to find a supplier.
Old 08-30-2009

Longevity: 86%

Here is a free give way of a great Niche i personally found through research, "Key Finders" if you search places like alibaba dot com you will find some selling as low as 10-20 cents!!

and you can re-sell them on ebay for close to $4-5 per piece....profit margin? roughly 20+ times ur investment (2000%)

or you can get a bit more expensive models buying at $5-10 range and they are selling on egay right now at $40-50$ range.....

There are currently over 50,000 categories in ebay....so the potential to find profitable niche products is abundant enough to make quite a few people rich here...but you must learn the art of research and sourcing....a few good contacts/agents could also be very helpful.

i recommend using terapeak for ebay research...its a very powerful tool but if u dont use it correctly then its useless....

Wish you all the best
Old 01-21-2010

Terapeak is a very useful tool. You can see top sellers, what their listings strategies are, what products are hot at the moment, and which markets are oversaturated.

Finding your niche is the key... if it's a heavily commodotized product that everybody and their brother is selling, the profits will most likely be razor-thin. Sure a seller might sell $5K of HDMI cables per day or flat screen TVs, but his margins are tiny. Electronics are tough, the margins are small and customer service can be very time-consuming if you're covering broken/defective goods.

Think outside the box... eBay isn't the only game out there. Amazon has a very attractive fulfillment service, you can sell on Amazon and other sites, and they ship for you, all automated. Some products still have a huge markup... the most profitable items are often what you'd least expect. A friend who works at a local big-box chain told me recently the margins on electronics are rubbish, they even lose money on some, but they were making a killing selling mattresses. :-)

I can offer sourcing and verification services in China, I've been doing this for a few years now in Shanghai. PM me if interested.
Old 01-21-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

I found a guy online that was selling Star wars light sabres, there were 28 of them in auction format and I was happily bidding.

The thing was that I noticed that these were the Force FX brand and possibly the best makers of these as they were very authentic.

First I checked that there would be no problems with listing these in ebay, and there did not seem to be any issues.

Then I checked the price, and even though they retailed at £80 each, they were all sold out on stores and discontinued and the demand saw them hit between £110 and £135 on ebay each.

I bid and was lucky to win, and listed them all and they were gone in a week with a nice little profit.

This is the sort of thing that sells, its a case of looking around and doing a bit of research. There is no one product that is always good, you have to move with the trends and you wont get it right all of the time so dont be too hard on yourself.

Now Im not into this sort of thing at all. I watched Star Wars and I thought it was ok, but I would never by anything like this for my own pleasure. You have to think "What would other people want"

The next best tip is to google the items and always do a search on ebay to see what kind of price items command so you have a "feel" if a product is worth it.

Hope the tip helps.
Old 01-21-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Be very careful about asking for help AND getting amazing offers by pm that are going to lead you to riches.
All that will happen is you will be out of pocket and possibly a victim of a scam.
Read aspkin's thread AGAIN and apply its principles.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/buy-sel...g-scammed.html
Old 01-21-2010

Longevity: 82%

im in no way implying anyone should be a drug dealer, this is just an infromative post that i thought would be interesting. would recommend doing it legally, by getting the proper licensing and what not. lot of money to be made that way. as their are many people using this for medicinal purposes with perscriptions. these people need a supplier, for their medicinal needs. but selling the seeds one ebay could make you a killing and the seeds are legal to sell. poppy seeds are used worldwide for all types of cooking and food.

Last edited by kingfish900; 01-21-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 01-21-2010

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
Drug dealing, burglary and armed robbery are all extremely lucrative.

Make sure you have a feedback of at least 25 before trying to sell cocaine or heroine as they are VeRo.
drug dealing is an insanely lucrative business with very limited start up costs and can be done with little experience, despite what society wants you to think that everyone who deals drugs gets caught, this couldnt be further from the truth, in fact most small time local dealers bringing in 60k a year dont see any trouble from anyone. society wants you to think its a bad horrible thing, which in fact its really not. its a natural resource that was put onto this earth. the main issue is as is with ebay is finding a good whole sale buyer to purchase your goods on a regular basis.
it is approximately a 9 billion dollar industry year around across the globe.
selling poppy seeds (completely legal) is a very lucrative business and can be done on ebay most people do it for feedback as it is a cheap item and easy sell. people buy them up like crazy. however, one would have to grow papaver somnifrum aka opium poppys, which many people do, then sell the seeds on ebay once their crop dries out (which isnt legal in most jurisdictions) to grow them but thats how many people make a real profit and living. each poppy will contain approx 2,000 seeds when the plant is dried out. they are about as easy to grow as a daisy, or a rose or any other type of flower. going rate on ebay and other sites for 100 seeds is approx 2.00- 4.99 . a back yard could easily contain 30 little poppys. which would be 60,000 seeds, 60k plants grown wherever, would be apporximately 3,000-5,000 a month in sales in seeds alone. now if you wanted to get real creative, you could go even further lol, but that would be illegal and bad as society would have you think. like i said its a easy grow and vigirous plant, will grow in any area with little attention and care required. if you live in a rural area, with woods and mountains, lol... there is no limit to what you could accomplish. ebayorbust has made an excellent point here!!! lol. did you know, an opium farmer in afghanistan makes an average of 50-300k for 1 years crop? their is an entire nation and country stabilized and built around this little plant. as well as much of the continent of asia. this little plant is many countries most viable resource. for a long time the golden circle was the power house of this crop, then afghanistan took over. this is arguably the leading money making commodity in the world. it also is one of the most helpful for medicinal uses in the world. vicodin, codeine, morphine, as well as many other pain related medications used to treat headaches, migranes, cancer, arthritis and various other related illnesses are all dirived and taken from this plant. it truely is a remarkable plant, that has such a tremendous upside and potential for so much more, however, it takes a horrible horrible rap, all because of 1 thing that its used to make. heroin. honestly, its really not as risky as one might think, it really is a great business if done properly and ethically. you can also gain a license to be a caregiver and legally grow this plant, which covers your risk on the distribution side. also a pretty easy process. if anyone would like to know more on this topic, from the legal side of the business as far as being a caregiver goes and the process of it you can pm me. lol. being a caregiver is a huge money making industry right now as well. but in the end being a drug dealer is bad bad bad, dont do that. lol, if youll take the risk of selling vero thats really no different or less riskier then what i just suggested. this is more lucrative as well.
Old 01-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Your own research is the key. Build confidence by finding a list of items that you think will sell. make a list (however long) and then research average prices.

Make sure you do your homework as best as you can.

You will have good purchases and not so good purchases.

I like to purchase items that sell fast, for me nothing is more irritating than slow selling items that sit on the shelf for months
Old 01-22-2010

season dvd's like Lost 1-5, Simpsons 1-12 etc very profitable my friend if you have good sources
Old 04-29-2010

Longevity: 81%

Pretty easy to find a Niche, it just takes time and dedication but once you have found it then you are set. Surely a few hours each day dedicated to research on 'Ebaypulse' and local wholesalers or foreign importers is worth it when you can be working from home making a healthy profit.

As fairgo said you could start small. It's pretty hard to make 'Fortune' via items you buy for 1-2$ but the margin of profit is staggering sometimes.

Items probably best to go for when starting out would be stuff that is not VeRO, but ofcourse if you are feeling risky and have a few stealth accounts there is not much risk involved. As said earlier DVD box sets are very lucrative and due to them being widely available and sold. Less likely to be hit with restrictions, Unless ofcourse you are selling Box sets which are not officially out yet. I.E - True Blood season 1 &2.

Back to starting out though. Some that spring to mind are lingerie, Phone covers, Batteries, Cases, Wires. Pretty much anything that people use everyday and pretty much EVERYONE will have. Also, if you can mix and match these items from the same wholesaler you are more likely to make a profit as you are targeting different markets.

For example you are more likely to make quick profits if you have 1x Blackberry phone cover, 1x Samsung battery, 1x Leather I-Phone Cover, 1x Blackberry pouch etc etc (You get the idea...) rather than 20 x The same item.

It's easy to find so use google. It's your best friend! Or alternatively use these forums

Hope this helped you and some others out.

Regards, Vimto.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fizzy_Vimto For This Useful Post:
aliciakeys (05-07-2011)
Old 04-29-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%

You will have to put in the time like everyone else and find a niche. No one here is going to tell you how they make their money.
Old 04-29-2010

Send a message via AIM to SevnSins Send a message via MSN to SevnSins Send a message via Yahoo to SevnSins

I remember reading this post when it first appeared, and some really good advise has come out it. It's good to see that there are people out there that don't just think about themselves.
The Following User Says Thank You to SevnSins For This Useful Post:
veggiegymrat (01-11-2011)
Closed Thread