eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/dropshipping-wholesale-suppliers/)
-   -   The amount of scammers from China is ridiculous (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/dropshipping-wholesale-suppliers/142203-amount-scammers-china-ridiculous.html)

vmdetection 02-22-2021 07:38 PM

The amount of scammers from China is ridiculous

I mean you go to any wholesale site like Alibaba etc and the site is full of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ scamming companies, it's a wonder how they're allowed to operate on there. The worst part is they almost always want to contact you offsite so there's no proof or liability on the websites part. It's a complete struggle to go through so many suppliers/wholesale websites and just scam after scam, so tiring. I really wonder how you guys find good reliable suppliers, especially from China who seem like a total gamble.

anewlifehelen 02-23-2021 01:20 AM

Re: The amount of scammers from China is ridiculous

every country has scammers. I want to buy ebay account, but cheated by one austrialia man .

rsot 02-23-2021 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anewlifehelen (Post 1143104)
every country has scammers. I want to buy ebay account, but cheated by one austrialia man .

You didnt use an authorized seller from here?

phaz0rz 02-23-2021 08:15 AM

It's because those companies are not quite state sponsored but encouraged to operate the way they do to maximize revenue. There's no such thing as "intellectual property" over there. Companies have to actually innovate in order to get ahead so competing firms constantly try to cut corners and undercut each other.

I've never been "scammed" by a Chinese vendor per se but you definitely get what you pay for.. always. Most Ali/DH sellers accept Paypal so just find one who takes Paypal. Don't use non-reversible payment methods until you've established a good relationship.. etc, etc.

The ironic part of it is that American companies are having tons of their IP stolen and re-sold yet they continue doing business in China because it's the only place in the world where there's a constant supply of slave labor.

DENDEN76 02-23-2021 01:54 PM

If it wasn't for the Chinese I wouldn't be making money. So god bless them

vmdetection 02-24-2021 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 1143137)
It's because those companies are not quite state sponsored but encouraged to operate the way they do to maximize revenue. There's no such thing as "intellectual property" over there. Companies have to actually innovate in order to get ahead so competing firms constantly try to cut corners and undercut each other.

I've never been "scammed" by a Chinese vendor per se but you definitely get what you pay for.. always. Most Ali/DH sellers accept Paypal so just find one who takes Paypal. Don't use non-reversible payment methods until you've established a good relationship.. etc, etc.

The ironic part of it is that American companies are having tons of their IP stolen and re-sold yet they continue doing business in China because it's the only place in the world where there's a constant supply of slave labor.

Agree but really confused how alibaba is still so popular with the thousands of scamming companies on there who have only been registered less then a year. It seems to me alibaba does not care for buyers, and this kind of business model should not be feasible. Buyers being turned off because of your site being linked to being a scamming haven for chinese. ****ty website, no real checks on sellers, anyone selling a 2k item for peanuts should be instantly banned or manually reviewed. I want to order but it just seems like a total scam.

DENDEN76 02-24-2021 04:54 PM

Use alibaba as an online catalogue. Find what you need, contact the seller directly, tell them what you need and only pay via PayPal directly. Theres companies that can source and physically vet the products for a fee.

vmdetection 03-01-2021 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DENDEN76 (Post 1143346)
Use alibaba as an online catalogue. Find what you need, contact the seller directly, tell them what you need and only pay via PayPal directly. Theres companies that can source and physically vet the products for a fee.

I find it a bit weird that almost every chinese seller on there wants you to contact them on whatsapp or off-site even though it's specifically stated by alibaba that you should keep communication on-site so there is a record if anything was to go wrong. Very shady of them.

newstart123 05-18-2021 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vmdetection (Post 1143075)
I mean you go to any wholesale site like Alibaba etc and the site is full of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ scamming companies, it's a wonder how they're allowed to operate on there. The worst part is they almost always want to contact you offsite so there's no proof or liability on the websites part. It's a complete struggle to go through so many suppliers/wholesale websites and just scam after scam, so tiring. I really wonder how you guys find good reliable suppliers, especially from China who seem like a total gamble.

you just need to know how to check there. I do not think that threre is a lot of scammers, it is not so easy and not so cheap to start selling on alibaba.

Ray88 05-21-2021 04:03 AM

hi,how do you know they are scammer?i guess they just want to save the commission and offer you the cheaper price.i run the aliexpress stores for 6 years,and i also work with lots of dropshipper ,we do good.if you can not trust in the supplier ,you can ignore them and find some supplier who want to make deal online,not offsite.

rsot 05-21-2021 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray88 (Post 1154480)
hi,how do you know they are scammer?i guess they just want to save the commission and offer you the cheaper price.i run the aliexpress stores for 6 years,and i also work with lots of dropshipper ,we do good.if you can not trust in the supplier ,you can ignore them and find some supplier who want to make deal online,not offsite.

Research and testing - part of the supplier finding process

GreenBean 05-21-2021 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vmdetection (Post 1143917)
I find it a bit weird that almost every chinese seller on there wants you to contact them on whatsapp or off-site even though it's specifically stated by alibaba that you should keep communication on-site so there is a record if anything was to go wrong. Very shady of them.

Not that much worse than off eBay games that allow profits for shady sellers.

Then we don’t know any of them.

:amen:

eighteen 03-07-2022 05:30 AM

they haven't a control for scammers because they are scammer too lol

Luminary 03-09-2022 09:55 AM

Every platform has their share of scammers. It's all about what you do to mitigate the risks.

james_112233 03-09-2022 09:57 AM

God bless the chinese. With out them I would be lining up at the job centre.

agent006140 03-09-2022 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vmdetection (Post 1143075)

If you stay on ALIBABA ,and buy from its sellers,you get ALI protection.

rsot 03-10-2022 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luminary (Post 1186801)
Every platform has their share of scammers. It's all about what you do to mitigate the risks.

So true everywhere you go