eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/dropshipping-wholesale-suppliers/)
-   -   alibaba trustpass (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/dropshipping-wholesale-suppliers/15710-alibaba-trustpass.html)

tenggo 01-08-2010 11:31 PM

alibaba trustpass

Hi there,
i have found a iphone seller who claims his phones are genuine apple iphones. He is from italy and his prices are very low (maybe too low!)
he is on alibaba and is a gold member with trustpass. How much credablility do you guys give to the alibaba trustpass.
The guy says he ships from usa but only takes western union
is there any way to protect myself if paying this way?
many thanks

Burning 01-09-2010 01:07 AM

Nope...there is no protection using western union. You know alibaba trust pass does not mean anything. People pay $2999 to get the gold supplier. If I were you I would pay by paypal, and if they do not accept it, I would say it's a scam. Many people use paypal..

SevnSins 01-09-2010 10:24 AM

The Western Union piece is not a dead giveaway, but I have personally gotten ⊗⊗⊗⊗ from a TrustPass member on Alibaba. Alibaba isn't a good resource for finding designer items to resell. Although; they are a good resource for finding factories for your own designs. I have found many good factories to make my t-shirts and jeans.

Most of the licensed products you find on Alibaba are ⊗⊗⊗⊗. There are a few legit ones, but not many. In addition; if you don't have a paid subscription, most legit suppliers won't talk to you. They have larger minimum orders, and the prices also reflect the product value.

teedon 01-12-2010 08:03 AM

alibaba is not safe,a lot of scammers there,be careful

aslam 01-13-2010 05:17 AM

yes sepcially in electronice they say orignal but actually not they still use some ⊗⊗⊗⊗ parts.

vuive 01-13-2010 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burning (Post 118588)
Nope...there is no protection using western union. You know alibaba trust pass does not mean anything. People pay $2999 to get the gold supplier. If I were you I would pay by paypal, and if they do not accept it, I would say it's a scam. Many people use paypal..

I agree with you, paypal is safer

tenggo 01-17-2010 10:32 AM

yeah it sounds too good to be true, the prices on this guys iphones are VERY cheap, looks like a scam and/or ⊗⊗⊗⊗

dburnside 01-20-2010 08:18 AM

dont pay by western union simple as

nikki404 01-20-2010 06:02 PM

I ordered an Iphone sample from a Co on Alibaba. Instead they sent me 3 Ipod nanos that were ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and a pair of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ugg boots. Of course no refund. Wish I had used Paypal. Be carefull!!

kingfish900 01-21-2010 02:02 AM

i have a legitimate wholesale supplier list, for various electronics including phones, blackberries i phones, laptops, i pods etc. legitimate sellers, low prices. pm me if your interested.

djtee25 01-21-2010 09:45 PM

dont do it there are some honest people on alibaba, havent met one that sells iphones yet. but dont use western union, if they wont take paypal leave it alone

kingfish900 01-21-2010 11:50 PM

scam. western union is a great service if your the person recieving and picking up the payment. not if your on the other end. no protection.

JamesYaBaoy 01-22-2010 02:12 AM

I hate to burst the bubble but:

PayPal serves no protection outside of eBay.As long as the seller has proof they shipped you SOMTHING then they are in the clear. Item Not As Described disputes DO NOT apply to non-eBay transactions.

kingfish900 01-22-2010 07:44 AM

yup you do a transaction outside of ebay through paypal and arent the seller then you are screwed. so long as the seller can prove the item was shipped.

Ping Guo 01-22-2010 03:40 PM

Alibaba is a scammer's paradise, and their trustpass is a joke since anybody can buy one. There are also lots of middle men and trading companies posing as manufacturers. If a seller on Alibaba offers any top-selling electronics (iPhone, PS3, etc.) for impossibly low prices, it's a scam. Ask for proof-of-stock photos. Get them to write your name on a card and take a photo of it in front of their "stock" of name-brand electronics. They might take a picture of 1 iPhone (probably ⊗⊗⊗⊗) or an empty PS3 box.

Never, ever, do business with sellers from Putian City in Fujian province. This is a scam city with big fraud rings run by organized crime. Most trustworthy sellers of OEM electronics, memory cards, mobile phones, etc are in Shenzhen, with HK registered companies. I have done business with them, not through Alibaba, and only after I visited their companies in person and did my due diligence.

dburnside 01-23-2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesYaBaoy (Post 121254)
I hate to burst the bubble but:

PayPal serves no protection outside of eBay.As long as the seller has proof they shipped you SOMTHING then they are in the clear. Item Not As Described disputes DO NOT apply to non-eBay transactions.

i agree completely i was about to buy something of high value and the minimum order was over $1000 but with paypal they could send me anything and if its delivered and you sign your basically screwed as chances of them accepting it back are slim to zero

djtee25 01-28-2010 09:17 PM

when i pay through paypal I have done this before i go straight to my bank , and my bank immediately reversed the money through my account. and paypal took the money from the seller they never sent me anything. But my bank is great, i have been with them for years, so i have had to do this twice and both times they gave me back my money , another time a scam customer did that to me and went to their bank and never sent me back the phone and so they got the phone and money back, even when i tried ot tell paypal that i have the proof. that time it was an ebay item the other times my issue was not brought through ebay and my bank got my money back

worththewait 02-13-2010 01:11 PM

Dont even think of using WU, especially when you see a deal which is obviously to good to be true, then it really is. Besides,there is not really that much profit to be made on real iphones, there is far more profit in the un-branded generic versions.

chief_wolfinjo 02-14-2010 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedon (Post 119063)
alibaba is not safe,a lot of scammers there,be careful

agree ... alibaba = scam :yar:

tenggo 02-14-2010 02:22 PM

cheers

thanks for all the replies, yeah i never went through with the purchase, decided to go through dhgate instead. Paid with paypal funded with credit card... plus their escrow service. Much more secure, and the goods actually arrived ...happy days

Lyda 02-14-2010 08:52 PM

I think that the best Chinese suppliers wouldn't touch Alibaba with a ten foot pole.

jbluntz 02-14-2010 09:17 PM

I hope you know the iphones on dhgate are ⊗⊗⊗⊗ too, I still have about 10 of them and none of them do much of anything but make good novelties.