where to look for wholesale stuff? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers

Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers Discuss Dropshipping on/off eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy and other platforms.

Old 02-03-2011
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%

Do need a Tax-ID and Resale-Certificate? If I get these, can I get product directly from the companies?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-03-2011

I won't tell you what I sell because it's a cutthroat market and if you don't know how to play the game, and play better than everyone else, you will fail and I don't want to be responsible for it.

Let's just say if you look hard enough and research enough you will find something that will work out for you. The keyword is research.

It's easy to find a product that will do well... What YOU do will determine your success of it.
Old 02-03-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang View Post
I won't tell you what I sell because it's a cutthroat market and if you don't know how to play the game, and play better than everyone else, you will fail and I don't want to be responsible for it.

Let's just say if you look hard enough and research enough you will find something that will work out for you. The keyword is research.

It's easy to find a product that will do well... What YOU do will determine your success of it.
i dont expect anyone to tell me what to sell. I just want to know how I can get access to a product without being a brick and motar store.

Like I said i checked out companies like vibram and levi strauss and they don't accept people like me.
Old 02-03-2011

Depends on the type of items you want to sell. I know a few electronic, clothes, auto parts, manufactures/suppliers. Depends.

Edit: I still recommend DHgate & Aliexpress.. Like I said... Know the rules and play better than everyone else and your success in inevitable
Old 02-03-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang View Post
Depends on the type of items you want to sell. I know a few electronic, clothes, auto parts, manufactures/suppliers. Depends.

Edit: I still recommend DHgate & Aliexpress.. Like I said... Know the rules and play better than everyone else and your success in inevitable
dhgate only has ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and generics that dont sell on ebay. Prices are awful too.
Old 02-04-2011
Threadstarter  

lets say that i want to try get some wholesale sneakers. Can I call up a local store and strike up a deal with them? Has anyone done this?
Old 02-05-2011

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

^^^won't happen, things must be bought in bulk. I.e. if I wanted to sell REAL handbags. I would need to buy around .5 MILLION DOLLARS for them to cut me a deal!
Old 02-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by holymoly View Post
^^^won't happen, things must be bought in bulk. I.e. if I wanted to sell REAL handbags. I would need to buy around .5 MILLION DOLLARS for them to cut me a deal!
Old 02-05-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by holymoly View Post
that sucks. I feel like I have no options here.

Here is what someone said on the ebay forum

"You -have- been working in the right direction... just not asking -all- the questions you should.

Major manufacturers don't want to deal with small independent sellers because of volume, usually. The shoe distributor I worked for (2003-2008) moved over 1 MILLION prs of shoes a month. They were profitable and growing with a return rate over 30%... and they paid shipping both ways! Nothing was ever returned to the manufacturer - it was either sold, given to charity, or shredded.

What does this mean for you? It means if the manufacturer won't deal with you, ask them for the name of some of their distributors and ask them. If they won't deal with you, ask the distributors for the name of some of their bulk resale clients (and they should know who they are) that you can contact. Keep working your way down the chain until you find someone who -will- sell to you.

Be sure to do your cost and pricing homework -- your profits are made when you make your purchase, you merely collect them when you make the sale. Try reading my lens Basic Math For eBay Sellers to get an idea of the various costs/expenses you need to think about when buying and pricing your inventory. It may not be absolutely complete, but it covers a lot of things many new sellers don't think about... and end up with lower profits because of it.

Some of my other lenses go over 'alternate' sources for inventory... again, things you may not have thought about as inventory sources before.

Good Luck!

-Bob."

So the distributors are basically the retail stores right?
Old 02-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykim0 View Post

So the distributors are basically the retail stores right?

No,,,Retail Stores BUY From Distributors and sell to the Public,,,,Manufactures SELL to Distributors because Distributors can Buy in LARGE Numbers,,,,

Using the Example of the Shoe Manufacture above,,,a Shoe Distributor can Buy say 10,000 Pair a Month From the Manufacture,,and you can Buy 10 Pair a Month from the Distributor so you can sell them in your Store or Ebay or Wherever,,,

Distributors are needed when you cannot meet the Volume Requirements Dictated by the Manufacture

I Wrote the VERY Same thing right Here on this Thread Months ago,,,Go back in this thread and read it.

I Also Posted the Names of some of the Biggest Consumer Electronics Distributors on this Thread,,,so Dig,,its all Here..
Old 02-06-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
No,,,Retail Stores BUY From Distributors and sell to the Public,,,,Manufactures SELL to Distributors because Distributors can Buy in LARGE Numbers,,,,

Using the Example of the Shoe Manufacture above,,,a Shoe Distributor can Buy say 10,000 Pair a Month From the Manufacture,,and you can Buy 10 Pair a Month from the Distributor so you can sell them in your Store or Ebay or Wherever,,,

Distributors are needed when you cannot meet the Volume Requirements Dictated by the Manufacture

I Wrote the VERY Same thing right Here on this Thread Months ago,,,Go back in this thread and read it.

I Also Posted the Names of some of the Biggest Consumer Electronics Distributors on this Thread,,,so Dig,,its all Here..
do most distributors require a reseller liscence and tax-id? Im gonna start calling up some companies again to see if they can give me a list if distributors.

Yeah i remember you mentioning ingram micro but electronics profit margins are really low right?
Old 02-07-2011
Threadstarter  

ok this is depressing. Just called up Vibram and Levistrauss and they both said that they dont give out distributor lists. Im guessing most companies are like this.
Old 02-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
ok this is depressing. Just called up Vibram and Levistrauss and they both said that they dont give out distributor lists. Im guessing most companies are like this.

That Might be because the Sell in Very Low Minimums so that you can deal with them Directly,,,Call them again and ask for their Sales Department,,,Or Just simple tell them that you Want to sell Their Products in you Store,,and tell whatever monkey That Awnsers the Phone to Find out who you need to get in touch with in order to make that happen,,,

Believe me Levi and ALL Other Companies want to Sell their Products,,,Just because some Idiot who awnsered the Phone does not Know the Awnser,,Does NOT Mean There is No Awnser,,,
Old 02-10-2011

Longevity: 76%
Thumbs up wholesale item here...

I can wholesale to you an item that is a fast seller and that is pre-priced at $20 retail for $10 or less. visit me and ask.
Old 02-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,040 Times in 774 Posts
Activity: 38%

Quote:
yeah that's the thing that bothers me about dropshipping. no control.

Has anyone dealt with viatrading.com? They have pallets of assorted clothing. Am I likely to lose money if I buy one pallet? Im sure shipping is expensive and it does not really say what items each pallet contains.
I dropship and I have almost 100% control, my dropshipper is very reliable
Old 02-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasasasa View Post
I dropship and I have almost 100% control, my dropshipper is very reliable
hi what items do you dropship?
Old 02-22-2011
Threadstarter  

does anyone know a good source for itunes gift cards and game cd-keys?
Old 03-11-2011

Longevity: 75%

does anyone know where to buy rosetta stone wholesale that is not conterfiet like DHgate?
Old 03-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

You can only sell Rosetta Stone on ebay if you are an authorized seller. They are hostile to sellers who are not.

(doesnt answer your question but....)
Old 03-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFERRELL21 View Post
does anyone know where to buy rosetta stone wholesale that is not conterfiet like DHgate?
Call Rosetta Stone and tell them you are interested in Re-selling their product, they will Tell you if it Possible,,I tend to believe that Rosetta Stone is ONLY available thru them Only, and that there are no Distributors, but I may be wrong, but they will be able to tell you
Old 03-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%
Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

china export&import carton fair is about to open,why not come here to find out plenty of quality suppliers face to face?There are large number of products for your option and mostly the suppliers are factories.

You can check the sample directly and you can compare many diferent suppliers at same time.

The first step is you need to invest some money on flight ,hotel.
Old 03-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 10%

What are the date?