Here to share some stuff.... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 05-01-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%
Thumbs up Here to share some stuff....

Hello All!
First I want to say that I have read the forums and you all have some interesting ideas and aspkin has a nice guide to follow. So here I am I will share some things with you all, but I will tell you about my mistake first. I was naru'd about 7 years ago (stupid really) but I just setup another account and moved on. A couple of days ago when I went to revise an item ebay ebay would not let me until I verified my paypal account. It was late and I was not thinking so I click the link and verified. I was then allowed to revise and go to bed... none the less the next morning I was naru'd . Then it it hit me that the reason was because that paypal account was associated with my old naru'd account. "No information will be shared" well that statement is BS so don't buy it.

Don't worry it is only a flesh wound, I still have my other accounts as I was prepared. Here is how I do it and where I agree with the guide.

Note: When I go to create an account I do it all in one session from one IP address thru AOL.
1) Get a new email account - AOL is now free and this is great as ebay assumes that you are paying for the service so they do not give you a hassle like with other email accounts.
2) Download AOL software to be able to sign on as a guest. The reason for this is because each time you sign on thru AOL it is a different IP address. Even for cable/DSL, remember to do it all in one session.
3) Get a prepard card like using simon cards or from a store. Reloadable if you want.
4) Create an ebay account with a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address and phone number keep it within your area. Use google maps if you need to see the streets within your area.
5) Create a paypal account with the same information as the Ebay account.
6) Get a free hosting account. Right now Auctiva is allowing you to use their services for free
Then lets the accounts sleep for awhile - no activity at all.
The goal is to create 1 account a day so by the time you are at the 31st account you are ready to begin to play.

How to a play -- Simply by buying things not cheap not expensive but things that you will need. I personally buy shipping supplies as I know I will need them and you build your feedback. I also do not go on a buying spree all in one day. Each day purchase something with your various accounts and allow them to grow. I never pay for anything with paypal as the information for the time being is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and you wont get your items you paid for.
Think of your ebay ids as children, you need to nuture them and watch them grow. Before you know it they are ready for the big leagues.

OK, Now that the kids are ready to get out there and swing for the fences what do I do...
1) I go and get a savings account. You can even get them online now with most banks without leaving the house.
2) I get a PO Box (6 months rental), You can get them from post offices or UPS now.
2) I get my prepaid card out that I purchased.
3) I get a prepaid cell phone. Cheap crap that means nothing. In case ebay wants to call me... lol
4) 1 week before I will begin to sell I open up my ebay and paypal account that I want to sell on and update the information. (note: this is why you when you set them up you keep the addresses within your area or if you made the mistake of putting in an address that is away from where you are then you need to go get a po box in that area. Use the reason that you work in the area and it is easier to pick your mail up there if they ask).
5) I then am ready to list auctions of which I start with some "household type" of items, if you need items buy them at thrift stores, flea markets or buy a closeout pallet to start you off. I list between 10 - 15 items for the 1st week and slowly increase the number. One thing to note here is that I have anywhere between 5 - 8 accounts running auctions which is around 50 - 120 items a week. Spread it around it is worth it. This may seem like a lot of work but in the long run it is not especailly if you are making good money. I have not gone back to work for corporate america for approx. 8 years.
6) I almost forgot - get the paypal debit card to use to pay your ebay fees. (if you want)

Items I use to help control the mayhem.
1) An index card system with every single account that I have and any information associated with them.
2) An excel spreadsheet with all the names and addresses that I used, this way you do not use the same name or address by accident.
3) I use stamps.com for shipping I will not chance using paypal for this.
4) I am fortunate enough to have a desktop and a mac laptop with bootcamp installed (1/2 mac and 1/2 windows) and my accounts are associated by which system I used to set them up. This way if it is the computer info that they use to get you I will still have 2/3 of my accounts available for use.

Rules -
1) If your account is Naru'd and the buyer pays ship them the item do not take your anger for ebay out on the customer besides you might sell to them again in the future.
2) Walk do not run
3) Dont screw the customer as this will raise the biggest problems plus it is bad karma.
4) Never email ebay about anything
5) try to answer your customers directly from your email account not thru the ebay system.

I am sure I forgot something and will come back to add more and share more. I hope some of this helps and will share more. Best of luck!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FeeBay Balling For This Useful Post:
hotsassylips (01-28-2011), ilay000 (06-01-2019), tszyuenc (03-05-2011)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-01-2007
Threadstarter  

I forgot some other things that I wanted to add before going to bed. Open other online accounts to accept payment or get a merchant account if you can.

Use craigslist to sell some items as well as this also helps get people over to your auctions. Follow craigslists rules though. You will also be amazed as how much stuff you can sell off of craigslist.
Old 05-01-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Excellent! Great Guide! It's hardcore and requires a dedicated person, but it'll work! I love the AOL free service part, I forgot about that gem.
Old 05-01-2007

So when you buy something, what payment method do you use (credit card or money order) and how do you tell the seller your ebay address is wrong to ship to?

So you have 8 accounts with 8 PO Boxes? I think they're $12 a month cheapest at the post office and $22 a month cheapest at the UPS store.

How do you receive payment generally?

What do you do if customers find out that multiple accounts with multiple name are yours -- like if all the accounts all have the same DBA name like "Acme Inc." on the credit card statement? Or what if a person buys two of your items at once or buys from one of your accounts then later buys from a different one?
Old 05-01-2007

Longevity: 99%

Feebay Ballin your guide is the bomb!

I'm going to have to study this in some detail - 'a new account every day for 31 days' WOW that is hardcore!

I thought I was crazy juggling 8 accounts at a time LOL

This really is superb stuff m8! pat yourself on the back my friend
Old 05-01-2007
Threadstarter  

Thanks Aspkin, I appreciated the comment. Yes, AOL is a great gem.

Jonas - Hope all is well with you. Here are the answers.

1) When I buy something - I send the payment by money order or check - I state the shipping address I want them to ship to, I also reference it is a gift. Most sellers do not care about the address with the M.O. or check as long as the funds are good. They also want positive feedback so they ship to the address you state. This does not work with paypal as most (including me) will only ship to the confirmed address to avoid chargebacks.

2) Yes, I actually have 10 PO boxes right now, 2 in a different state. I am on the border of NJ/NY. My town is a goofy place we actually have 3 post offices within 10 miles of each other. Now you have to be legit with the information with the PO but the mail that comes in does not have to match the box owner. Especially if you setup the box as a company. The other key to remember is variations for the address. For example: I have box # 235
The addresses that can used are PO Box, Box, Suite or even Apt. You can also use the address of the road the USPS or UPS is on and change that up a bit. Also, The cost of the box is nothing if you are selling and it should be considered a cost of doing business. This is also why I recommend only getting the box of for 6 months, you can always renew if things are going well and if that account does not you can always let it expire. I live in the sticks so to speak and the box (small) costs me $42 for 6 months and the ups store has a deal of pay for 4 up front get 2 free which comes to $80 for 6 months.

3) I receive payments thru paypal, google checkout, neteller, bidpay, paysimple and I have a merchant account. I also take checks and money order.

4) Ah the customer - I do not use the same name on any of my accounts. As far as how it appears on their statement, it appears how you want it or set it up in paypal. As for the merchant account it is used only in the adult area of ebay as you can not use a paypal account in the mature category.

If you find that you have the same buyer on 2 different accounts you treat it that way. The payments arrive and you ship 2 packages. I use stamps.com which allows me to change the return address. So I can have it say whatever I want. The key with the customer is not to screw them, ship them what they won and they will be happy. I have found that most buyers if not all do not pay much attention to personal names. They just want what they paid for.
The Following User Says Thank You to FeeBay Balling For This Useful Post:
gregory (02-22-2012)
Old 05-01-2007
Threadstarter  

Thanks Jamesy

Yes, An account a day. Think of it as a morning routine. That is why I use index cards as if I did not I would forget alot of stuff. This also allows you when you are ready to use that account to pull out a card and know everything about the account before you start. The simon cards and others usually have a 2 year expiration date on them so there is no rush to go and use it.

Note: I do admit that it might seem like alot but it really isn't. You just have to take your time and be organized. I also admit you have to put up some money to start but just like any business there are up front costs. This might not work for everyone but It works for me as I do not want to go back and work for corporate america. If you are serious about making money on ebay you need to be serious about the way you run your "business"
Once you get into a routine you will find that eventually it becomes natural.
Old 05-01-2007

well I myself already run an excel spreadsheet with all the account details on it that I have active, so I'm on the same page as you are, but obviously no where near as organised

I have given it some thought since I read your post earlier and am already thinking about xmas and the benefits of getting my ass in gear now. I already have done a few of the things you've suggested but on nowhere near as regimented a scale.

your point about spreading the listings over a bunch of accounts is a very good one. I have 7-8 at the moment and find that works so that a couple of vero's on the trot dont bring my whole business down. if I lose an account, so what move on, re-build. before I was an 'all eggs in one basket' type of dreamer

I had some fun tonight coming up with a pool of stupid email address names that I can register with AOL >>>>> tipsy_mcswagger_uk anyone?
Old 05-02-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

Feeebay: great work! A couple of questions as it relates to aol. First, what's the strategy around signing on as a guest? Second, after downloading the aol 9.0 software, it still asks me for a user name and password when trying to sign on as a guest from the dropdown box. Am I doing something incorrect here? Finally, how random is the IP address that is assigned when signing using this method. Reason being, I tested it by logging on and off over a 4 hour period and kept getting the same IP address.
Old 05-02-2007

Wow, Feebay, that is comprehensive and thorough. I will adapt that process for backup…don’t know if I really need 31, but better safe than sorry

Quick question...so you are selling on different paypal accounts with the same names that match up with the ebay accounts? Or using one paypal account?
Old 05-02-2007
Threadstarter  

Hi Whome,

First go to AOL.com and find the link on the right hand side that say "sign up for free AOL email". Sign up for an account.
Then go thru the 9.0 software as a guest. You do not need to sign up for the 9.0 service to us it. The reason for going thru AOL is that when you sign in AOL it assigns an IP address which is not your computers IP address. You have to use AOLs broswer to get to ebay. As far as the random IP you need to end your session with AOL and then resign in to get a new IP. Generally I have found that the IP is thru the their servers within you local area.
Old 05-02-2007
Threadstarter  

Hi Temps,

Yes, Each Ebay account has its own paypal account with the identical information.
Old 05-02-2007
Threadstarter  

Here is another piece of info I will share. I travel to vegas twice a year for conventions. When I am in Vegas I will make some accounts with vegas information on them. I will also post auctions while in vegas to those accounts with Paypal as the only option for payment. I do not log into the account while I am back in NJ but will monitor them and when payment comes you just ship. Now adays it seems dropshipping is the rage and buyers really do not care where it comes from as long as they get it.
Old 05-02-2007

my question is in having several paypal accts. w/different details how do you ever get the money out of them? That's been the limiting factor for me thus far and its keeping me from offering paypal which is killing sales.
Old 05-02-2007
Threadstarter  

Hi Samueladams,

Go and get a savings account at your local bank or go online as most banks now offer you to get an account online. Use this account to tie into the paypal account so that you can withdrawal your funds to them. This also allows you to go to the bank to get the money out (ATM) and put it in your main account so that paypal can not reach in and take it. Also get the paypal debit card so that you can withdrawal the money at an atm or use it to purchase items or pay bills.

Now if you are saying "the information on paypal is not valid" how can I get a debit card or add a bank account. You can add the bank account because it is verified by 2 snall deposits into them by paypal.
Old 05-07-2007

How can I open up a paypal account with a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name. Doesn't the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name have to match the actual name on the bank account?
Old 05-11-2007

hey feebay, do you use turbo lister?

if you do how do you work out which IP address you're uploading through?

I would imagine that turbo lister connects via your ISP rather that AOL browser. so even if you have set up the new accounts on seperate IP addresses you will still be linked in through your turbo lister

Does anybody know how turbo lister works in respect to IP addresses being logged?
Old 05-11-2007

I opened up a new account using aspkins original info... it worked great and I'm still up and running after almost a week, knock on wood! I was actually looking forward to switching my bank account number around to see if it worked, but after putting the card number in that was it! Ebay never even asked for the bank info! I think it's more of a random check than anything.
Old 05-11-2007
Threadstarter  

Needsomehelp - As of right now they do not match the names on the accounts. They deposit money into the account and you have to verify those amounts. They figure if you know the amounts you have access to the account. - Verified.

Hi Jamesy - I do not use turbo lister. I basically have all my templates ready to go and just cut and paste the html. I also use Ebays prefilled information to list things - this way you know they wont kill the auction as the information provided is theirs LOL.
Old 05-13-2007

Hey thanks fo all the great information. I am not familiar with ebay prefilled info. What is that? It sound great. Thanks.
Old 05-14-2007
Threadstarter  

The prefilled information is in certain categories - DVDs, Books etc. Items that have a UPC code on them. Ebay will aski you for the UPC code and then everything relating to the DVD lets say is filled in as well as a summary and a stock photo. This is another way that you do not have to host images or really think of things for the HTML.

The items that I sell with the prefilled information most people are searching for and as long as the price is good then it will sell.
Old 05-14-2007
Threadstarter  

OK, Here is some more info....
In case anyone needs a telephonenumber for ebay you can get a local number free thru AOL. They are offering a free local number thru the AIM Phoneline. It is really great acutally - For free you can receive calls thru your computer and it also acts as a voicemail. If someone leaves you a voicemail it is sent to you by email so that you can listen to it. If you want to make call I think it is $15 a month.