Here to share some stuff.... - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 05-15-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeeBay Balling View Post
OK, Here is some more info....
In case anyone needs a telephonenumber for ebay you can get a local number free thru AOL. They are offering a free local number thru the AIM Phoneline. It is really great acutally - For free you can receive calls thru your computer and it also acts as a voicemail. If someone leaves you a voicemail it is sent to you by email so that you can listen to it. If you want to make call I think it is $15 a month.
To add to feebay's leads, there are two free online voicemail services:

evoice free and k7.net (no phone in or out for either tho)

and for free US out calling Internetcalls - The Free Internet Calls Company which you can make about 10-15 minutes worth of free calls until it blocks you...I just delete it from my computer and re-install with a different user name to do it again.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-15-2007

Longevity: 98%

I dont get why everyone wants a number for Ebay? What do you want it for?

When you sign up you simply put in a number simular to yours but change the last couple of digits.

You only need a number for Paypal to get verified when you have to key in the number they send you
Old 05-15-2007

Default Here I go...

Ok..

I was recently suspended from eBay and you have no idea how much this has affected me. I just found out the suspension is indefinite. In other words... big question mark.

Ok.. These are the steps I am taking.

1. Created gmail accounts blocking images.
2. Changing my computer name, registry, and clearing all cookies from all my browsers.
3. Installed AOL and logging in to ebay and creating ONE account.
4. As a name I will use a company name with an alteration of my real name as a point of contact. Ex. Johnathan instead of John and add a I or Jr. Also the company name eBay has never seen before.
5. I will register using a debit card linked to a new address eBay has never seen. This new debit card is linked to a business account with an address eBay does not know.
6. I will then proceed to Paypal and create the account using the same business information and altered name. I will add an account that I just opened at my local bank. I will verify it with the debit card I used on eBay. With an address eBay does not know.
7. I will browse a few days and buy a perfume and another decently priced item. I will start selling after a week offering tangible products like tires or car parts.
8. I dont plan on getting verified on PayPal immediatley. I plan on waiting a few more days until I buy a product and need Paypal to buy it. I want to create the impression I am easingggggg into the community.

Does anyone see a step I am missing ? I can not afford to get suspended again. This is just horrible. I hate eBay and I plan on diversifying out of it.
Old 05-22-2007

Quote:
2) Yes, I actually have 10 PO boxes right now, 2 in a different state. I am on the border of NJ/NY. My town is a goofy place we actually have 3 post offices within 10 miles of each other. Now you have to be legit with the information with the PO but the mail that comes in does not have to match the box owner. Especially if you setup the box as a company. The other key to remember is variations for the address. For example: I have box # 235
The addresses that can used are PO Box, Box, Suite or even Apt. You can also use the address of the road the USPS or UPS is on and change that up a bit. Also, The cost of the box is nothing if you are selling and it should be considered a cost of doing business. This is also why I recommend only getting the box of for 6 months, you can always renew if things are going well and if that account does not you can always let it expire. I live in the sticks so to speak and the box (small) costs me $42 for 6 months and the ups store has a deal of pay for 4 up front get 2 free which comes to $80 for 6 months.

3) I receive payments thru paypal, google checkout, neteller, bidpay, paysimple and I have a merchant account. I also take checks and money order.

4) Ah the customer - I do not use the same name on any of my accounts. As far as how it appears on their statement, it appears how you want it or set it up in paypal. As for the merchant account it is used only in the adult area of ebay as you can not use a paypal account in the mature category.
How do you get checks and money orders into your bank accounts when they're sent to ⊗⊗⊗⊗ names and not your real name?
Old 05-22-2007

Longevity: 99%

dealah33,

Your own the right track. But remeber even though you created a new paypal account they will freeze/limit it as soon as you get money flowing in so if you are using bogus information find out some way to get past it. They will ask for SS# , bills, etc....

Don't worry about checks or money orders and your name. Customers will usually email you that that what to pay by mail and then will ask where to send it to. But just reply by not ebay email but by your own. or ask them for there email so you can send address info.
Old 05-22-2007
Threadstarter  

Jonas, I sent you a PM.

To expand on some things that I have posted.
As far as Checks and Money orders with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ names...
1) You just sign the back with the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and then endorse the back with yours for deposit.
2) When using ⊗⊗⊗⊗ names have a variation of your name which you can explain as the person misspelled your name.
3) Keep a conversation going with the tellers at the bank, most are busy and do not notice certain things.

As far as Paypal - I have to say in all my years using them they have not once asked me to verify myself. Even on Ebay accounts where all I take is Paypal.. I have received and withdrawn amounts greater than $3000 in a month without question. Maybe I am a lucky one but it is kind of hard to imagine that is it. I will investigate this more and give an update to what it might be.

A thing to also remember: Ebay has brain washed buyers into thinking that paypal is the best way to pay. Therefore most of the time you wont even get a check or money order. If the person does mail a payment it is most likely a money order as they do not want to wait for the check to clear. I have receive numerous money orders where the buyer has left the pay to blank...
Old 06-16-2007

Longevity: 97%

Yes, I Agree With " Do Not Email Ebay About Anything" . I Did Email Them Asking For The Removal Of The Listing Limit And The Next Day ..pammm...i Am Gone ..lol
Old 06-16-2007

And don't report people from your main account or a linked account as ebay will try to bust you for something, too.
Old 06-27-2007

Send a message via MSN to KIMM3368

Feebay Balling,
I Just Wanted To Say Thank You!!!!!!!! You Have Been A Great Help To All Of Us Suspendee's Lol. I Was A Powerseller On Ebay For Over 3 Years And Just Got Suspended Over An Account Another Person In My Household Had Not Used For Over A Year(non Seller Performance)my Feedback Rating Was 1200 And 98%. I Just Don't Understand How They Can Justify Closing My Account For Nothing I Had Done Wrong, But I Guess That Is Water Under The Bridge. Your Guide Has Made Me Feel Alot Better About My Chances Of Regaining My Business. I Cannot Thank You Enough And I Am Sure That Everyone Here Feels The Same! Thanks To You To Aspkin For All Of Your Help!!!!!!!!!
I Am Going To Get Started Within The Next Few Days So I Will Let You Know How It Goes!
Thanks Again
Kim
Old 06-27-2007
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayphobia View Post
Yes, I Agree With " Do Not Email Ebay About Anything" . I Did Email Them Asking For The Removal Of The Listing Limit And The Next Day ..pammm...i Am Gone ..lol

Annoying them with a question is a violation of the TOS.
Old 07-01-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Hi Whome,

First go to AOL.com and find the link on the right hand side that say "sign up for free AOL email". Sign up for an account.
Then go thru the 9.0 software as a guest. You do not need to sign up for the 9.0 service to us it. The reason for going thru AOL is that when you sign in AOL it assigns an IP address which is not your computers IP address. You have to use AOLs broswer to get to ebay. As far as the random IP you need to end your session with AOL and then resign in to get a new IP. Generally I have found that the IP is thru the their servers within you local area.
thank you for your remarks, i tried 10 times to log in to AOL and get the IP everytime is different bu t it's far away from the local area.

thank you.
Old 07-02-2007

This might sould like a stupid question but I have aol as my internet provider. Could I open internet explorer and access aol that way? Would that change my IP?
Old 07-04-2007

Sorry to burst the bubble but DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BELIEVE THAT AOL MASKS YOUR IP WITH E-BAY WHILE USING CABLE MODEMS, IF YOU GO TO A IP CHECKING WEBSITE, YOU WILL GET A DIFFERENT IP THAN YOUR REAL IP WHEN USING AOL (duly noted) BUT EBAY SOMEHOW KNOWS YOUR REAL IP. I CANT BELIEVE MY EYES, BUT TRUST ME ON THIS.

OK, let's say I can;t be just 'trusted', well here's how I found out, I changed my ebay password, when you do that you recieve a courtedy notification. In that notification, ebay includes the ISP host (aol) and your IP address THE REAL ONE NOT THE AOL ONE.

Options??
Old 07-04-2007
Threadstarter  

OK, Some clarification on AOL.

When you sign onto AOL you are connecting thru their servers (usually in VA for east coast people) and then you use AOLS built in browser. I would not recommend opening up another broswer. As far as Ebay and your IP, Ebay seems the AOL IP and that is why when you try an register a new account say in NJ, they ask you to add a credit card to verify yourself. Another note, When I changed an email address on one of my accounts, Ebay sent me a message that said you email account has been changed, it was changed from ip address xxxxxxx and ISP Host xxxxx
Both related back to AOL.
NOW - Please understand that if you send an email to EBAY, your internet path is recorded and this might have your original IP address.

LikeThemApples - I would recheck the address in that email you received or did you change your address thru a browser (IE or Firefox) and NOT thru the built in AOL Browser. Another thing to remember AOL Privacy policy, they do not share info. So if you go thru their server, unless law enforcement wants to know they are not giving up crap.
Old 07-04-2007
Threadstarter  

OK Folks,

Here is another piece of info for those that can use it.
Back ground info: I have 2 brothers, 1 lives in TX and the other in FL. At each one of their homes I have a computer setup that is always on and connected to the internet. From my home in NJ, I login to those computers remotely and also do some Ebay stuff. If you have family that does not mind a computer sitting around then I suggest this idea, especially if they do not Ebay at all.
Old 07-04-2007

FeeBay,

I am 1000% positive about this. Please believe me. You made me secong-guess myslef, so I created yet another account (why not ) by the book, using the AOL browser. No other browsers open. And their confirmation had the real IP not AOLs.

I'm starting to believe that I share that IP with a lot of people in my area, because its a WAN IP, and even using AOL, ebay gets that WAN IP. So on the bright side, I don't think I'm at risk and IP is one less thing to think about, but we'll see. I'll keep you posted.
Old 07-04-2007

Hi.. to all you gurus, i have a question..

I have been a eBay powerseller for almost 4 years, FB in range of 15,000+, thats right, 15,000+ and rating 98.8 before ABUSING EBAY BS suspension, "with no chance of parole" :-) i was told after contacting the gold powerseller support. No reason given. just more BS and run around.

I almost gave up on eBay until i found your forum.... there is hope yet!.. okok.. enough venting...

Here are my 2 questions:

1) I started a new eBay account, lets call it account X, using proxy (to hide ip), and its been up for 24 hours. I have an old paypal account (lets call it account Y) that was foolishly linked to one of my buying only eBay accounts (which was, of course, also "Abusing eBay" and suspended, I suspect for no other than being linked to my other suspended selling account). This paypal account Y was opened using my real information, with real bank account and cc card info. I have since logged into the Paypal account Y to remove the LINKED eBay account, which was the old suspended eBay buying account

I added the new AOL email address which I used to start the new eBay account X, to my old paypal account, Y, and confirmed. I did not make this the primary email address on the paypal account Y/

I want to purchase items on eBay with the new eBay account X, can I still make payment using the old Paypal account Y, using eBay checkout? is it safe? what should i be looking out for? i mean, is there something like a hidden account number which is assigned to the paypal account, so that even I make the payment via the new email address added to the old paypal account Y, eBay is still able to see that its the paypal account Y, that is linked to an suspended ebay account? I was not able to log into eBay using the old suspended buying account to UNLINK the paypal account, due to the suspension...

2) is it safe to open emails eBay sends? i know they can figure out my IP by displaying the pictures in the emails...

what about using webmail to see these emails like using AOL's webmail? is that safe using IE or Firefox? or should that be also limited to using AOLS's browser? what is the safe procedure on how to handle eBays emails?

3) when i tried change an pw to the new eBay account, i received an confirmation ebay which had the IP, and an IP Host... like below (numbers changed for privacy):

The Password Change request was made from:
IP address: 54.85.345.433
ISP host: 10.10.43.228

What is the ISP Host and should that be an area of concern?

Thanks for any input.. keep up the great work! much to be learned here!
Old 07-05-2007

ok.. thanks for the input..

can anyone address questions 1 and 2?

thanks
Old 07-06-2007
Banned

This is what I have been doing with my accounts.

Launch AOL client, log onto my aol account. Then launch firefox, check my ip, check everything is all good to go. I have firefox to delete all data when I close the browser so Im always safe. I use firefox to do everything. You just have to have the aol client up and running so it has taken over your connection (basically the aol proxy is working through my airport, my wireless card so everything I do is through aol's proxy servers)
Old 07-09-2007

feeBay Balling! man this is great, hardcore indeed!

I used to juggling 7 accounts, each of them has feedback of 1000+, the main one got 8000+, like many of you, I got into trouble with one account and then the domino effect took them all down.

It must have been one of the most stressful time in my life as it was my only source of income.

Your guide together with the author of this forum's really gave me hope. a big THANKS to Aspkin for providing the forum, and a big THANKS to all the good members like you.

I did the exact steps described by Aspkin, got an account up for only 2 days, then got a suspension email today! I think I did everything correctly, except I was so eager to get back to business, I listed 4 items and bought 2 of $.99 feedback ebooks (i know stupid me, by the time I read your post, it's already too late) I think this explains that there are real people monitoring newly created accounts as you suggested.

I'm starting to do the 'one a day til 31st' technique now. However, there's a bit of confusion about PayPal accounts. Do you mean creating each PayPal account for each ebay account? I remember you mentioning "Identical PayPal account" does this mean one paypal account for 10 ebay accounts?
If we have one PayPal account for 10 ebay accounts that means when the PayPal account got caught, all 10 ebay accounts would follow. But, if you have 10 different PayPal accounts, do you mean I have to have 10 different bank accounts attached to them? I know for the fact that if you add one bank account number to a PayPal account, you cannot add it to another paypal account.

Thanks for reading, looking forward to hear from you.

Also, Google is now starting to attack eBay. Do a search on "Google Base", it's still in Beta but what a great concept! Free listing, Free hosting, Free CheckOut until 2008!

Regards,
exebayer (soon to be ebayer)
Old 07-09-2007
Threadstarter  

Hi Exebayer and welcome to the forums.
Yes, I do mean create 1 paypal account for each of the ebay accounts and the information must be the same (even if ⊗⊗⊗⊗). As far as bank accounts - You can open as many as you like, banks are eager to have you. Open a savings account with a few, checking with others and you can even get a virtual bank account online that is tied to a reloadable CC.

The best thing about banks is that they are all competing with one another so you get some great deals. Valley National just had one where it is fee free for a year and if you opened the account you got $50 bonus $$$ and then another $50 for a direct deposit (paypal worked for this) and the $25 for writing 3 checks and $25 for 3 debit card transaction. Other banks offer items like an ipod shuffle, blender and other cool stuff. Search online and keep an eye out when you drive around town for bank offers for new customers.

The Bank name is in your name not the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name - Paypal does not see this. Also another good feature is that after the 60 days request the paypal card so that you can withdrawal money or at ATMs. If you have a merchant account - charge the card and get it that way.

Now before someone asks - "How can I get the card if it has a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address on it?" This is simple really - Go the USPS website and fill out the mail forwarding form online. wait a bit and test it by sending a letter to the address. If it is forwarded to the address you want then you are in business. Also, It is good to know that the person that lives there is not the name you are using. You do not want their mail going to you. It is also good to use big complexes or apartment buildings this way the tenants are always changing or moving and the Mailman does not know everyone.
Old 07-09-2007
Banned

Now before someone asks - "How can I get the card if it has a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address on it?" This is simple really - Go the USPS website and fill out the mail forwarding form online. wait a bit and test it by sending a letter to the address. If it is forwarded to the address you want then you are in business. Also, It is good to know that the person that lives there is not the name you are using. You do not want their mail going to you. It is also good to use big complexes or apartment buildings this way the tenants are always changing or moving and the Mailman does not know everyone.[/QUOTE]

Thats good thinking but it doesnt work simply because when you put in a address forwarding request with usps they notify the sender of your new address if the sender requested "address forwarding service requested".

That means USPS will notify the sender that you are forwarding your mail and of your new address. Most business and corps ask for the request on every piece of mail thats sent out. So paypal will know that you forwarded your mail and that will raise red flag