buying of alibaba - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers

Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers Discuss Dropshipping on/off eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy and other platforms.

Old 07-08-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Send a message via MSN to adrianr03 Send a message via Yahoo to adrianr03 Send a message via Skype™ to adrianr03
Default buying of alibaba

can sellers in Alibaba be trusted i been looking for supply's of that web site and all of them want high risk payments like bank transfer western union .

To be honest i don't trust any of them.
one seller from uk said he only takes western union i said can i come to you in person to buy the goods he said no flat out obviously a crook.

couple of sellers said they take paypal but only if i order 150pc i asked for a sample order via paypal i was refused and because it a sample of the products western union payment only .

none of these sellers seem to take any credit or debit cards they want money in their pocket before sending anything out i said to one of them send me the goods out once i get them i pay you via western union he did not reply
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-08-2012

Longevity: 68%

I have never had any problems with alibaba, but that being said I only use paypal. Most suppliers that only accept money transfer do not ship product, and you will be out the money.
Old 07-08-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts

You have to do your research.

Check their membership (the gold status and the amount of years/join date)

If you can afford too, place a small order then pay via WU to see if they are on the up and up. If you cannot afford it, then move on and research more sellers.
Old 07-08-2012
Threadstarter  

Send a message via MSN to adrianr03 Send a message via Yahoo to adrianr03 Send a message via Skype™ to adrianr03

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmixers View Post
You have to do your research.

Check their membership (the gold status and the amount of years/join date)

If you can afford too, place a small order then pay via WU to see if they are on the up and up. If you cannot afford it, then move on and research more sellers.
Well the items i been looking for it only unverified members that are selling it that what concerns me . i wouldn't be sending them money by western union anyways with no evidence of their business 200 usd is as good in my pocket as it is in theirs and when they don't take card payments that makes me think they are not to be trusted
Old 07-08-2012

Longevity: 71%

WU is a NO NO

They will take your money and that's it. I've been there and learn't my lesson years ago

If they can take payment by WU then they should be able to take moneys by other secured means.
Old 07-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianr03 View Post
Well the items i been looking for it only unverified members that are selling it that what concerns me . i wouldn't be sending them money by western union anyways with no evidence of their business 200 usd is as good in my pocket as it is in theirs and when they don't take card payments that makes me think they are not to be trusted
I say do some more research. There are many suppliers that are listed on Alibaba that accept paypal as payment, at least you would be covered.
Old 07-13-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%
Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

It is always a good choice to find the suppliers who accept paypal,this can reduce a lot of risk for you.

After a few deals,and you get know the supplier well ,then you can think the other payment accordingly .
Old 07-22-2012

Longevity: 70%

I buy from aliexpress that is a great place because you money is secure through escrow
Old 07-23-2012

Longevity: 69%

Look alibaba and aliexpress are probably one of the safest. Like people said DO YOUR RESEARCH.
-Look at their feedback..does it seem ⊗⊗⊗⊗? is it all recent?
- Look at how long thy have been trading
-If they accept only 1 payment method..imo forget them, alibaba's/aliexpress rule is paypal and escrow ONLY..so if they don't take that their dodgy..
-Thirdly look at if their an 'assured' or accredited seller..although this can be ⊗⊗⊗⊗d also and some scammers use it..alot of genuine chinese businesses do..
-Fourthly..if your item never comes..DON'T release the funds..simple..
-Five- google is your friend search this persons name..the company..often if theyre a scam others will have put the name out there..

just my opinion..probably useless to help you..but how i work it..
Old 08-01-2012

Agreed that using an escrow service as offered by alibaba/aliexpress is pretty darn safe.

Western Union does get a bad rap if you are sending money to unknown persons in China. That said, I use Western Union regularly to pay for shipments out of China.

Of course it took me about two years of trust building with several suppliers to get the nerve to send via this method!
Old 08-05-2012

I've been buying from alibaba.com and all my payments have been made through Western Union, first I usually build a very good relationship and great communication with the seller and then I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, they've NEVER fail to deliver to me and they deliver on time. After the item is delivered I will thanks them very much and tell them they've done a good job and promise to keep doing business with them. Also I will let them know, when next I will order and how I want them to handle it.

I've been successful. I send anywhere between $250 to $500 for order and I send all payment through western union.

Do your research before you follow my foot step.
Old 09-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%
Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

Quote:
Originally Posted by club1010 View Post
I've been buying from alibaba.com and all my payments have been made through Western Union, first I usually build a very good relationship and great communication with the seller and then I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, they've NEVER fail to deliver to me and they deliver on time. After the item is delivered I will thanks them very much and tell them they've done a good job and promise to keep doing business with them. Also I will let them know, when next I will order and how I want them to handle it.

I've been successful. I send anywhere between $250 to $500 for order and I send all payment through western union.

Do your research before you follow my foot step.
So we can see there are not all the deals by western union get scammed,as long as you have the smart way to handle.

I think small money is the most important factor.
Old 09-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

I am sorry but I can not imagine doing business by western union. The minute they get a decent sized order, off they go.