How realistic is this? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers

Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers Discuss Dropshipping on/off eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy and other platforms.

Old 09-19-2012
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
I wouldn't quit your job to start off with.

Try it out first and sell while you still are employed and see if it is something you can do and manage without the secure income.
Thanks for the advice, I wouldn't quit my job outright. I just thought it would be a nice goal to shoot for.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-20-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowmyst87 View Post
Thanks for the advice, I wouldn't quit my job outright. I just thought it would be a nice goal to shoot for.
Thats a goal i am sure everyone here aims to have
The Following User Says Thank You to Bunneh For This Useful Post:
shadowmyst87 (09-20-2012)
Old 09-28-2012

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazonStealth View Post
Selling online for myself started as a hobby and became a six figure job on top of my full time job. With selling online I have:

- Paid for every car in cash
- Paid for my house in cash
- Paid off all college loans
- Paid off wedding
- Paid off parents home
- Paid off all various debts

The best part is able to live worry free financially, and able to put away money for family future needs.
Why waste your time on a full time job?
Old 09-28-2012

Longevity: 71%

Well i will tell you this....If you have a job do not quit,start selling on ebay/amazon as a part time learn all tricks,get educated,stick with this great forum and when you see that money comes.... it's time to quit your regular job.

Good luck
Old 09-28-2012

This all sounds good!! But what are the steps to move to that next level??? I got the Stealth Book!! How many accounts do I need to have? What products to sell that are low risk? ETC!!! ETC!! I learn alot from this site..
Old 09-28-2012

Quote:
How realistic is it to make enough income selling on eBay to replace a job? It seems like it's just too risky. eBay and PayPal are too unpredictable and can easily suspend your account at a moment's notice making everything you've worked for useless. I've heard alot of horror stories, but I'm curious as to what everyone else's opinion is.

Thanks.
Continue to work at your job while building your online business. For now start building your sales via eBay.

Take the cash and pump back into your business. Build a website and start looking at other media to get Traffic (eyeballs) SEO, Paid Traffic (Adwords, Media Buys, etc...) and make sales away from eBay.

With those sales you can use other merchants other than PP.
Old 09-28-2012

Sounds good!! I do have a website that I can traffic business to... Thanks
Old 09-28-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
Continue to work at your job while building your online business. For now start building your sales via eBay.

Take the cash and pump back into your business. Build a website and start looking at other media to get Traffic (eyeballs) SEO, Paid Traffic (Adwords, Media Buys, etc...) and make sales away from eBay.

With those sales you can use other merchants other than PP.
Well if I wanted to use something other then PP I could get a merchant account and accept payments that way through eBay. Right now I'm trying to find items that have buyers but something that isn't saturated. It's almost a perfect balance and it's difficult to find.

Every time I think I found something to sell I do the research and end up finding 50 other sellers selling the same item 3 times below what I could potentially sell it for. It's frustrating sometimes.
Old 09-29-2012

Longevity: 78%

Very realistic. Just be prepared to put a lot of time in your work. You want it to support you like a real job will? Then your going to have to treat it like a real job.
Old 09-29-2012

Quote:
Well if I wanted to use something other then PP I could get a merchant account and accept payments that way through eBay. Right now I'm trying to find items that have buyers but something that isn't saturated. It's almost a perfect balance and it's difficult to find.

Every time I think I found something to sell I do the research and end up finding 50 other sellers selling the same item 3 times below what I could potentially sell it for. It's frustrating sometimes.

That's because the Internet will continue to get more competitive. The cost to Entry is very low, it opens up opportunities to a lot of people. That is the Double Edged Sword.

It's going to get worse in 2013 thru 2015 when this Global economic recession turns into a Recession like it is in Greece, Spain, Portugal, etc... it's coming to the US very soon.

There's "Riches in Niches," you need to find "it."
Old 09-29-2012

The recession is almost done Roscoe and the USA will never be like Greece and other country you mentioned...Never ever
The Following User Says Thank You to jamcocktail21 For This Useful Post:
Packattack12 (11-04-2012)
Old 09-29-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamcocktail21 View Post
The recession is almost done Roscoe and the USA will never be like Greece and other country you mentioned...Never ever
You have no idea what is coming. Greece and Iceland are the only tip of the iceberg. If the US does not reform their budgets it will come to the US and a world wild melt will occur. The world currency is still the US dollar.

WWDD- world wide dollar domination- What the Vegas branch of the old Morgan Stanley analysts used to call it, had some good times there.
Old 09-29-2012

Quote:
Keep dreaming, you have NO clue what you speak of.

I'm a Macro Economics freak.

2013 to 2015 will be a disaster for Europe and the US.

Germany is now starting to see the effects of this global recession.

The only people who believe the so-called Recession is over are Liberals like O'Bama groupies.

I hope O'Bama wins this election because this Depression that will eventually hit the US can not be stopped. I don't want conservatives taking the blame for something that will be hitting our shores very soon.

The US has the highest Debt per person than anywhere in the world. Even worse than Greece, Portugal, Spain, and Ireland.

The US can print money, they can not.

Global debt, Government debt, State debt, Municipal debt, Consumer debt, are all in crisis mode. Everyone keeps kicking the can down the road hoping the problems will go away. Greece and Ireland found out real fast what happens when you "run out of spending other peoples money."

It's coming folks, get prepared.
Old 09-30-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:

The only people who believe the so-called Recession is over are Liberals like O'Bama groupies.

I hope O'Bama wins this election because this Depression that will eventually hit the US can not be stopped. I don't want conservatives taking the blame for something that will be hitting our shores very soon.

The US has the highest Debt per person than anywhere in the world. Even worse than Greece, Portugal, Spain, and Ireland.

Global debt, Government debt, State debt, Municipal debt, Consumer debt, are all in crisis mode. Everyone keeps kicking the can down the road hoping the problems will go away. Greece and Ireland found out real fast what happens when you "run out of spending other peoples money."

I agree 100%. It's definitely going to get alot worse, anybody who thinks things are getting better has their head in the sand.
Old 09-30-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,938 Times in 8,229 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Keep the thread going - avoid the political sidetracking
Old 09-30-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
That's because the Internet will continue to get more competitive. The cost to Entry is very low, it opens up opportunities to a lot of people. That is the Double Edged Sword.

It's going to get worse in 2013 thru 2015 when this Global economic recession turns into a Recession like it is in Greece, Spain, Portugal, etc... it's coming to the US very soon.

There's "Riches in Niches," you need to find "it."
Okay, so when you say "niche" on eBay. What does this mean exactly? Would you call electronics or home and garden niches? Or is it something more specific?

Thanks.
Old 10-01-2012

Quote:
Okay, so when you say "niche" on eBay. What does this mean exactly?

Would you call electronics or home and garden niches?

Or is it something more specific?

Thanks.
Electronics is general/broad niche

Cell phones would be sub-niche

iPhone would sub-niche of the above

If you can target a sub-niche and dominate that niche you can be very successful.

General Physician > Cardiologist > Best Heart Surgeon

The deeper you go in your niche the more benefits you'll gain.

Would you pay more for a general Lawyer to defend you for a murder case or would you hire OJ Simpsons attorney?
Old 10-01-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

OJ Simpson's attorney is dead.
Old 10-07-2012

Longevity: 90%

Quote:

Where would you invest your money? Gold? Stocks? Real Estate?

If the economy dip is going to be as drastic as you believe, why don't you move elsewhere?

Just some thought-provoking questions
Old 10-07-2012

Whether you think you can or can't…you are right.

I disagree about USA...This is the only country in the world that can print money,nothing is gonna happen folks,This country is too big to fail,if it's gonna happen all country will go down(but this won't happen)You have no idea how powerful is USA.

Do not complain,do your job,have goals in life and believe me nothing will affect you...

If you think i love USA because i am from this country,you are wrong i was not born here and came 4 years ago witch i am proud what i already achieved(3 houses for rent)and i am buying one more soon....

The ladder of success is never crowded at the top.

Good luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jamcocktail21 For This Useful Post:
alnev (11-22-2012), Packattack12 (11-04-2012)
Old 11-04-2012

Neither....But I would pay for OJ's attorney's daughters to shut the hell up tho.

Quote:
Electronics is general/broad niche

Cell phones would be sub-niche

iPhone would sub-niche of the above

If you can target a sub-niche and dominate that niche you can be very successful.

General Physician > Cardiologist > Best Heart Surgeon

The deeper you go in your niche the more benefits you'll gain.

Would you pay more for a general Lawyer to defend you for a murder case or would you hire OJ Simpsons attorney?
Old 11-04-2012

Congrats buddy!! It's nice hearing an inspirational story from someone that came here and has made a life for themselves and it sounds like you a have a very good one. Def not an easy thing to do, I give you big props. You have a straight head on your shoulders and excellent morals. If more people were like you this country wouldn't be in this kind of trouble right now. May I ask what country you came from?

I'm with you man, I don't think this country can fall very much further, but hey I always look on the bright side. Only thing I can see happening is China demanding we pay all our debt back instantly, which they wont do because we are their biggest exporter in the world.

USA ALL THE WAY. I bleed USA, if I have to go down fighting I will.

Quote:
Whether you think you can or can't…you are right.

I disagree about USA...This is the only country in the world that can print money,nothing is gonna happen folks,This country is too big to fail,if it's gonna happen all country will go down(but this won't happen)You have no idea how powerful is USA.

Do not complain,do your job,have goals in life and believe me nothing will affect you...

If you think i love USA because i am from this country,you are wrong i was not born here and came 4 years ago witch i am proud what i already achieved(3 houses for rent)and i am buying one more soon....

The ladder of success is never crowded at the top.

Good luck