eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/dropshipping-wholesale-suppliers/)
-   -   Anyone going to be at Vegas Offprice show next week? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/dropshipping-wholesale-suppliers/70223-anyone-going-vegas-offprice-show-next-week.html)

itemauctions 02-18-2014 11:57 PM

Re: Anyone going to be at Vegas Offprice show next week?

Wow sounds like a fun drive and let us know how it went.

Sandy D 02-19-2014 02:20 AM

Dont forget these vendors set up in other locations and or have sales reps selling their items for them.

Get all the info you can while there.

yotano211 02-19-2014 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 529702)
:heh:

I had to...

Yea I know along with the other billions of people on the internets. Owning a hybrid is also so bad that it got ranked on the least fav. car to be picked up on a 1st date. I read it on yahoo a few weeks ago. I forgot what the article was called. A truck was 1st place. I dont care what is says.

Its funny, going through TX on the I-10, the speed limit for outside of cities or towns is 80mph. I set the cruise at 70mph to enjoy the view along with everyone passing me. I enjoyed the looks of people in their fords and Chevys looking down on me with strange looks. When ever I parked at some place I would park away from the main area and just blend in. Getting closer to FL, I got pulled over in Pensacola for going 71mph in a 65 zone, haha. I only got a warning from the FL officer. Only thing he said was, "long drive sir" and "slow it down a bit", hahahaha. yea sure, 0-60 in 9.8sec and 108mph top speed.

**anyways....I went today. The only thing I can say is wow, so much clothes and so much women around. It was a fun day. My legs hurt from all of the walking. But the 1st day was mostly to scout around and ask some questions. Tomorrow, or today it's 4:02am, I will go into more asking for business cards or more business minded.

MM78 02-19-2014 10:48 AM

Take some pics!

rsot 02-19-2014 01:00 PM

And take trig too - likes Las Vegas :thumb:

itemauctions 02-19-2014 02:48 PM

LOL I would never go on a first date with my 4 door, only with my coupe.

vogeltron 02-19-2014 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 529901)
And take trig too - likes Las Vegas :thumb:

Haha, RSOT. Met So many of your fellow Canadians in Vegas right now. I always forget how freaking cold it gets in many parts of Canada during the winter.

vogeltron 02-19-2014 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yotano211 (Post 529796)
Yea I know along with the other billions of people on the internets. Owning a hybrid is also so bad that it got ranked on the least fav. car to be picked up on a 1st date. I read it on yahoo a few weeks ago. I forgot what the article was called. A truck was 1st place. I dont care what is says.

Its funny, going through TX on the I-10, the speed limit for outside of cities or towns is 80mph. I set the cruise at 70mph to enjoy the view along with everyone passing me. I enjoyed the looks of people in their fords and Chevys looking down on me with strange looks. When ever I parked at some place I would park away from the main area and just blend in. Getting closer to FL, I got pulled over in Pensacola for going 71mph in a 65 zone, haha. I only got a warning from the FL officer. Only thing he said was, "long drive sir" and "slow it down a bit", hahahaha. yea sure, 0-60 in 9.8sec and 108mph top speed.

**anyways....I went today. The only thing I can say is wow, so much clothes and so much women around. It was a fun day. My legs hurt from all of the walking. But the 1st day was mostly to scout around and ask some questions. Tomorrow, or today it's 4:02am, I will go into more asking for business cards or more business minded.

I just got home. Two days of walking was enough for me. My legs are killing me from that show then walking the strip at night. The second 10 hour drive home was brutal.

But definitely gotta get in there and see what is up. I definitely think I got about a 8 to 10 contacts that could turn into some decent store inventory. So overall I think it was a win. A bunch of people kept telling me about some show called "Magic". I really wanted to check it out but I already have a dozen customers bitching at me about shipping their items even though I just missed one business day. So hard to take days off when you are a full time eBayer.

Sandy D 02-19-2014 06:55 PM

When I go on vacation or a trip back to my home state I always run items 7 days etc from the day I am leaving etc. Never use BIN or anything when I am expecting to be away.

It is hard when you do this full time. Like I always say buying is where the money is at, not selling. Anyone can sell so we all have to work our selling around the buying.

Sending you a PM of a major show you might enjoy.

vogeltron 02-19-2014 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 530010)
When I go on vacation or a trip back to my home state I always run items 7 days etc from the day I am leaving etc. Never use BIN or anything when I am expecting to be away.

It is hard when you do this full time. Like I always say buying is where the money is at, not selling. Anyone can sell so we all have to work our selling around the buying.

Sending you a PM of a major show you might enjoy.

Lots of my items are slower sellers, store type inventory. I thought I could sneak 1 business day and not have to put vacation settings or end all my stealth accounts. They still got me though. Definitely easier if you can do auctions and run them around when you plan on being gone.

yotano211 02-20-2014 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vogeltron (Post 530000)
I just got home. Two days of walking was enough for me. My legs are killing me from that show then walking the strip at night. The second 10 hour drive home was brutal.

But definitely gotta get in there and see what is up. I definitely think I got about a 8 to 10 contacts that could turn into some decent store inventory. So overall I think it was a win. A bunch of people kept telling me about some show called "Magic". I really wanted to check it out but I already have a dozen customers bitching at me about shipping their items even though I just missed one business day. So hard to take days off when you are a full time eBayer.

The "magic" convention show makes offprice look like a little kid. Its much bigger, "magic" is like a huge outdoor swap meet for fashion and stuff. I read on the Review Journal newspaper last year that Offprice show brings in about 10-12k people, Magic show bring in about 75-85k people.

It going to be at the Las Vegas Convention center and I think at the Mandalay bay convention center.

I found the link below. I guess it started yesterday!!!, I didnt know.
Register Now | MAGIC

I'll go tomorrow for the last day, bummer...But I think magic show is also twice a year also.

Sandy D 02-20-2014 01:19 AM

Clothing is and can be a hard way to make money on ebay.

Competition is fierce and prices get cut to no profits.

vogeltron 02-20-2014 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yotano211 (Post 530076)
The "magic" convention show makes offprice look like a little kid. Its much bigger, "magic" is like a huge outdoor swap meet for fashion and stuff. I read on the Review Journal newspaper last year that Offprice show brings in about 10-12k people, Magic show bring in about 75-85k people.

It going to be at the Las Vegas Convention center and I think at the Mandalay bay convention center.

I found the link below. I guess it started yesterday!!!, I didnt know.
Register Now | MAGIC

I'll go tomorrow for the last day, bummer...But I think magic show is also twice a year also.

Yea, I wish I would have known. Will probably try to work that one in Next year I suppose. Even though it doesn't look much like what I would be interested in. But if walk through anything like that and hit enough booths you are bound to find something.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 530089)
Clothing is and can be a hard way to make money on ebay.

Competition is fierce and prices get cut to no profits.

Yup, you have to really know what you are doing. As things are always changing. However, it can be done.

vogeltron 02-22-2014 04:25 AM

Going to try to find more and more shows like these. This experience was very good. I will say you have to be able to see the bigger picture at shows like these. The markup you can put on lots of the items isn't always huge. But if you can find some decent products.

After two years of sticking to the same outdated eBay game plan. I am very excited. In the process of changing how I plan on doing business, the type of inventory I carry etc. Trying to branch out from my core business that I had gotten so comfortable with the past 5 or so years. Going to be a learning process. Very Very excited.

teedon 02-27-2014 03:04 AM

If i go to vegas,i also want to go to the hotel to see people betting .Bcause it is said that vegas is a big and famous betting city in the world.I donot want to get myself into betting but i just want to give it a look to extend my vision.

yotano211 02-27-2014 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedon (Post 532707)
If i go to vegas,i also want to go to the hotel to see people betting .Bcause it is said that vegas is a big and famous betting city in the world.I donot want to get myself into betting but i just want to give it a look to extend my vision.

It also includes free drinks. Just sit down at the slot machines, order a drink from the sexy drink lady person, most people tip them, so I guess not so much free but cheap but comes with a nice view :heh:(most of the time).

Summer time around July to August is the best time to come to Vegas. Lots of girls walking around. And the hotel pools are another story, my gosh....

rsot 03-01-2014 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yotano211 (Post 532786)
It also includes free drinks. Just sit down at the slot machines, order a drink from the sexy drink lady person, most people tip them, so I guess not so much free but cheap but comes with a nice view :heh:(most of the time).

Summer time around July to August is the best time to come to Vegas. Lots of girls walking around. And the hotel pools are another story, my gosh....

July to August...nice. As for meeting many Canadians - yes, lots of "us" like that getaway hah

yotano211 03-01-2014 06:53 AM

You will meet Canadians and more non Canadians. Try to not stare so much around the pool area at the bigger hotels.

MM78 03-01-2014 12:12 PM

Canadians getting tanned before Las Vegas existed....

http://i57.tinypic.com/sfxge1.jpg

rsot 03-01-2014 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yotano211 (Post 533368)
You will meet Canadians and more non Canadians. Try to not stare so much around the pool area at the bigger hotels.

Never stare - just go right in and say hello, be friendly, chat...see what happens :d

GreenBean 03-01-2014 09:28 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kwFs160z42...+Ice+Photo.jpg

Hah! I thought you were going to say try not to stare at the hairy Canadians around the pool area. Walk , don't run if you see any of these critters

:FF:

vogeltron 03-02-2014 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 533332)
July to August...nice. As for meeting many Canadians - yes, lots of "us" like that getaway hah

Any Americans trying to pick up Canadian chicks. I would advise memorizing the National Anthem and having a good understanding of the geography. Remember is 10 Provinces and 3 Territories. I got schooled on that one.