Package Seized by Customs - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers

Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers Discuss Dropshipping on/off eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy and other platforms.

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2015
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Package Seized by Customs

So i'm obviously going to get legal advice but does anyone know if this is going to turn into a criminal investigation or what?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-12-2015

Longevity: 53%

LOL, I ordered some "overseas pain killers" and they got seized at customs and sent me a letter to my po box authorizing them to be destroyed" I signed it and never heard again from them. Whew.
Old 03-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhunter0294 View Post
So i'm obviously going to get legal advice but does anyone know if this is going to turn into a criminal investigation or what?
Nobody can say for sure. You should probably talk to a lawyer to see if there is any way to minimize the damage. Trying to handle this by yourself could end up costing you dearly.

If the packages made it all the way to your local delivery facility and were recalled, then somebody is already looking into it. Whether or not they want to pursue it as a criminal case is anybody's guess, but at the volumes you mentioned, I think the case would QUALIFY under whatever their guidelines are.

If someone orders 5 or 10 jerseys and gets caught it is no big deal. The person who ordered those may not even know they were questionable. But when you are talking about $60k or $70k of DVD's, that is not considered a small matter. If it were one box, I wouldn't worry too much. But so far they have 5 boxes, if I am following this correctly.

Again, if it were ME, I would speak with an attorney who specializes in intellectual property cases, preferably who also has experience with imports.

Edited to add: I would not talk to anyone or sign anything without the advice of an attorney.
Old 03-12-2015

Longevity: 89%

I don't know about USA. But in UK for this amount, it would have been serious.

Why would you even think getting DVDS from China would be okay.
If this worked for you on other occasions, it was bout to catch you one way or another.
Never worth it.
Old 03-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Lastly, at this point, you really need professional legal advice, not forum advice. The forum does not give legal advice. Nobody here, myself included, is qualified to advise anyone on legal matters.
Old 03-12-2015
Threadstarter  

Wow this sucks, I've been doing this for a LONG time. Never had a package seized. Thanks for all the input.
Old 03-12-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

And if you said they were Disney that is also a big problem. Disney Is very strict on counterfeits. If I were you i'd seek legal advice asap. See if they can help sort the mess out.
Old 03-12-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSSDistributing View Post
And if you said they were Disney that is also a big problem. Disney Is very strict on counterfeits. If I were you i'd seek legal advice asap. See if they can help sort the mess out.
No I stated they weren't Disney or Beachbody products. More along the lines of cable TV series
Old 03-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Sigh - not good to use home address for questionable item delivery
Old 03-12-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Oh Sorry I misread the post
Old 03-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Quote:
No I stated they weren't Disney or Beachbody products. More along the lines of cable TV series
That makes it even worse if you've been doing it for a long time...

This is when it MAY turn criminal.

You need a lawyer on standby like...last week.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigCJ For This Useful Post:
jeffweico (03-13-2015), unkown5454 (03-13-2015)
Old 03-13-2015

If there is something in the parcel, that can put you in the jail, or can cause a huge fine, just don't sign anything, just say you don't know what's that, and that the sender has probably messed up the address, and that the item is not yours. Better to lose a parcel, than a freedom
Old 03-13-2015

By the way, I've received a huge box of DVDs from China, no problems. But my experienced friend told me that I should have used EMS, I did that, and there were no any issues. DHL, Fedex, UPS all have big issues regarding sending foggy items.
Old 03-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
It's crazy how there are all different departments in different countries enforcing copyright laws and confiscating replicas

But Alibaba which is basically Mass Producing and distributing replicas of every item ever made and Now they are legitimate and are a public Traded Company

How did that ever Happen, every other listing has 1:1 Copy or A1 Quality something along them lines

It's like a Joke, every country is against replicas and they just Legitimized the biggest Replica Manufacturing Company in the World

And what is really funny is that they even have organizations in China going after Replicas , I just don't get it
Coun.terf.eit Apple Watches already all over Ta.ob.ao. Another Ali owned subsidiary.

They are literally a glorified crim.in.al organization and people praise them for it. They have become too big to stop and China will support them in hopes to take over EB and AZ. On top of that, they are investing in other companies like crazy, all over the world. Soon they will be shaking down people like the f*cking maf.ia. I'm waiting for them to buy their precious little baby brother, iO.ffer.

And, to those morons on here who have admitted to signing papers in regards to custo.ms sei.zures, I'm amazed you can walk outside without getting hit by a f*cking car. Then, you are so proud of your ignorance, you don't even have any qualms with admitting how much of a pawn you are to everyone on here.

This thread is a clear example of the level of intelligence that differs between those who run a real business and those who are simple minded and glossy-eyed over fast money, but don't have the slightest clue of what they are doing.

OP...whining because you've operated ill.ega.lly for years and finally got caught. No backup plan in sight. Just running inside your hamster wheel. It's like if I was a dr.ug runner for years and then one day was pulled over, caught with $1mm of coc.aine and then got mad when they sentence me for 20+ years in prison. Live by the sword, die by the sword and pull your head out of your f*cking a$$.
Old 03-13-2015

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
If they get all 12 of them probably 60-70k
So for 6k and you can possible earn 60-70k retail? sounds like some brand goods to me. if it is, i doubt you will get it back. they going to reach out to the copyright/trademark owner. watch out for any court letters to that address its being shipped to.
Old 03-13-2015

Longevity: 77%

I'm not backing what this guy has done by any means but you have always seemed so against f@kes...it's a matter of life for countries nowadays.

You ever visited Turkey, Egypt or MANY other countries with less economic wealth than the super powers? It's hard to find something that is not f@ke!

Unfortunately, it's another thing that is part of this world like countries that will never get out of poverty even though hundreds of billions if pumped into them. Same principal. Governments probably back some of these large setups to make counterfeits, wouldn't surprise me one bit but you make it out to be the worst thing that has ever happened.

Welcome to the real world unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
Coun.terf.eit Apple Watches already all over Ta.ob.ao. Another Ali owned subsidiary.

They are literally a glorified crim.in.al organization and people praise them for it. They have become too big to stop and China will support them in hopes to take over EB and AZ. On top of that, they are investing in other companies like crazy, all over the world. Soon they will be shaking down people like the f*cking maf.ia. I'm waiting for them to buy their precious little baby brother, iO.ffer.

And, to those morons on here who have admitted to signing papers in regards to custo.ms sei.zures, I'm amazed you can walk outside without getting hit by a f*cking car. Then, you are so proud of your ignorance, you don't even have any qualms with admitting how much of a pawn you are to everyone on here.

This thread is a clear example of the level of intelligence that differs between those who run a real business and those who are simple minded and glossy-eyed over fast money, but don't have the slightest clue of what they are doing.

OP...whining because you've operated ill.ega.lly for years and finally got caught. No backup plan in sight. Just running inside your hamster wheel. It's like if I was a dr.ug runner for years and then one day was pulled over, caught with $1mm of coc.aine and then got mad when they sentence me for 20+ years in prison. Live by the sword, die by the sword and pull your head out of your f*cking a$$.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Callidus For This Useful Post:
blackdahlia (04-23-2016), Underhand (03-14-2015)
Old 03-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

there is a big difference between f ake car, airplane parts or medicines compared to a kids movie pencil case.......you could argue if you allow one then it encourages another....

saw a thread on some guy getting trading standards issues due to frozen merchandize at a shop, heck have you looked on ebay at the frozen stuff, everyone buys it, I do, they do not even try to say it is official, as nobody cares!!, they like it , it is cheap, do they even stop and think if it is official?

but will your daughters dress-up costume catch fire? like a famous uk celebs did recently? so we are back to safety.......

Last edited by oompaloompa; 03-13-2015 at 05:06 AM.
Old 03-13-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post

I didn't realize anything I said sounded like complaining but apparently to you it did. I reached out to others for advice not to get bashed by you. My intelligence level is not your concern nor do you know anything about I made a mistake yes and I will learn from that mistake but I'm a grown man with a family and don't need to be talked down to by someone who thinks they are better than someone else.
The Following User Says Thank You to dhunter0294 For This Useful Post:
Underhand (03-14-2015)
Old 03-13-2015

Longevity: 89%

What happened to the other packages that were coming? Have those been seized too?

Like many said on this forum. You need more independent advice from proper law.

Last edited by eternity4u; 03-13-2015 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Let's face it- Doesn't matter how you look at it, you are officially in ****sville.
Old 03-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Old 03-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts

Quote:
If they get all 12 of them probably 60-70k
How do you feel about a 6 by 8 foot room with a bunk buddy?
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (03-13-2015)
Closed Thread