Similar items? Multiple Accounts? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-28-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
Default Similar items? Multiple Accounts?

Can you sell the same item with multiple ebay account?
Not referring to the HTML code for obvious reasons but similar description/titles/pictures

does eBay detect this or is it more of a buyer that detects this?

Have one eBay selling non-branded items in one city (different computer, real details)

and having another ebay/paypal selling the same non-branded items in another city (different computer, BS comany LLC)

Only ask this because one account paypal is done so the pay through rate isnt that great with authorize.net

Last edited by ADIP; 10-28-2016 at 10:01 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Similar items? Multiple Accounts?

IF YOU DO decide to do this, listings and PHOTOs must be ALL different. Should be easy to tell if listings are similar...not good stealth.

Last edited by rsot; 10-28-2016 at 10:16 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
MM78 (10-28-2016)
Old 10-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Agree with rsot, nothing can be the same, it can't look like it's the same person. Make every listing completely different.
Old 10-28-2016
Threadstarter  

ok so make it look like i'm competing with myself

pricing? ex 9.99 item on one account and 9.94 on the other
Old 10-28-2016

Longevity: 45%

Make a Listing description with word or google docs to use as a templet and print one out for each account That way you can lay them out and look at them all at once. That way you can structure and word everything differently. Use different shipping prices and item prices. Mine all add up to within a few dollars of each other but all are different. Different common fonts, different colors, different text sizes, bold or italic, left-center-right sheet centering. 1.25, 1.5, 1.75, 2 line spacing. Then you can save the doc and copy and paste. Put the title at the top so you know how that should be worded as well. All you need to change is the Item title and description on the templet. Shipping, Handling, Payment, & Return / Refund all stay the same so you never have to retype them. ( If you use UNCOMMON fonts, it will show up as arial on someones computer that doesn't have those fonts)

Take pics and print them out on a single sheet for the format for each account. That way everytime you take new pics you can look at your format sheet for everything to be perfect and not confusing. Change the angle of the photo, back ground, position of the item. The more accounts you have the harder this gets without something to go back to. Changing user accounts, IP, Logging IP, Logging into ebay just to check these things can take WAY TOO MUCH TIME!

I have so may spreed sheets to keep track of everything I almost need a spreed sheet for my spreed sheets. Ok... I may be exaggerating a little. But I never F-up this way. My main spread sheet for my accounts is 75 rows long X 21 columns for 10 active accounts / 5 waiting and / 2 dead accounts. Do the Math...

Last edited by nate; 10-28-2016 at 01:28 PM.
Old 10-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

From a technical standpoint, besides EXIF data, or having the exact same HTML , I dont see how ebay could consider selling similar or identical items a definitive link if all other data points are different(address,ip,email,etc).

BUT, if you are going through the trouble of creating a stealth account you should take every precaution.
Old 10-28-2016

Longevity: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesYaBaoy View Post
From a technical standpoint, besides EXIF data, or having the exact same HTML , I dont see how ebay could consider selling similar or identical items a definitive link if all other data points are different(address,ip,email,etc).

BUT, if you are going through the trouble of creating a stealth account you should take every precaution.
Don't forget about competitors and the report this seller link....

Last edited by nate; 10-28-2016 at 02:01 PM.
Old 10-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate View Post
Don't forget about competitors and the report this sell link....
Didnt think about that lol.
Old 10-28-2016

Longevity: 54%

This is an interesting thread......from my experience I would have to agree more with JamesYaBaoy on this.....

I often copy the titles and the text body of other peoples items, which I want to sell.
So this is not so much an issue - except that they can complain I copied their item so get it removed.
But I do add significant changes, though nothing compared to what Nate described.

As for pictures, I am certain you can use the exact same pictures, especially if these are not one-off or unique type of items.
Where I got caught out copying pictures and I pushed eBay to prove to how they came to the conclusion that I copied another sellers pictures when they complained - they told me that each picture creates a digital set of signatures/codes/data etc and that was the way they go about proving stolen pics.

I realised that I could use a very simple software, called "BatchPurifier" to remove all this from pictures and therefore no real links.

As for copying and pasting a text from another seller - always transfer it to word, edit it, then copy and past it in to a new word document and then upload it to your own listing.

eBay accept that a lot of text will be copied anyways, as they may be taken from manufacture stock details, same as stock images, but they just do not want you to be so blatant about it.

This is all from my own mistakes and experiences - if anyone has points to contest then I would like to know more to enhance my knowledge also.
Old 10-28-2016
Threadstarter  

well i guess i have plenty of time to photoshop new pictures since of the new ebay account selling limit per month

Although couldn't you get more to list per month with a business ebay account with an eBay store subscription?