Message from ebay? NOTICE: ebay user information request.. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-20-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Default Message from ebay? NOTICE: ebay user information request..

Anyone know what this message is about? says the info request is from one of my buyers.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Message from ebay? NOTICE: ebay user information request..

It means a Buyer requested information on you....

Name
ADDRESS
Phone Number
Email
Old 11-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 16%
Longevity: 91%

If Im not mistaken you will be getting that buyer's info as well.
Might be an accidental request by the buyer or might be a sign that he is unsatisfied in some way. When I see these requests I usually contact the buyer to confirm which of the two it is.
Old 11-20-2016
Threadstarter  

It is a buyer doing a return on a high dollar item that I've refunded in full and I've tried several times to contact this buyer directly to email with return address. the buyer threw out the packaging with my stealth address and this item is close to 3bills i don't know how else to relay my return address to thIs buyer...he knows I've been waiting for a tracking so I guess he's looking for me.

either the buyer is ignoring my emails but i.don't even think that's the case or I would of had some type of odd reply in eb messging. remember I've refunded fullyou right away and to this same ppal email but just do doesn't reply. now I have a bounty out for my stealth info and causing a scene.

I think I'll just have to message through ebay saying go ahead and keep it!

edit: my stealth is out of the question for receiving returns.

Last edited by okay; 11-20-2016 at 02:55 AM.
Old 11-21-2016
Threadstarter  

UPDATE-

All is good. the buyer sent me a text to one of my g voice numbers that I didn't see until now. he mentioned he asked eb for my contact info.
Old 11-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Glad you got that cleared up.
Old 11-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by okay View Post
It is a buyer doing a return on a high dollar item that I've refunded in full and I've tried several times to contact this buyer directly to email with return address. the buyer threw out the packaging with my stealth address and this item is close to 3bills i don't know how else to relay my return address to thIs buyer....

edit: my stealth is out of the question for receiving returns.
I near fainted when I read this... well done for doing high dollar business.

But you owe it to yourself to have that stealth address capable of receiving returns.

Now what you consider is enclosing a return label with packages. Many of us do that when the address is *coughs* not kosher.

The other point is I do truly like with high end items is a buyer's PHONE NUMBER.
Anyway, just a few points to think about. I am pleased you managed to resolve the issue.

Old 11-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Dude, WHY would you issue a refund for a $3k order before getting the order back? I can't think of any way for that to make sense. You are lucky the buyer is so reasonable, because I certainly wouldn't have made any effort to contact you after you gave my money back. Why would I go through the trouble?

For the record, returns on stealth account are not impossible and are a lot easier than some users make it out to be. All you do is EMAIL YOUR BUYER A RETURN SHIPPING LABEL, outside of Ebay. In cases where I'm not at fault and the buyer is paying return postage, I simply type out my return address in MS Paint, save it as an image, and upload to an Ebay message as an attachment.

Probably shouldn't be sharing secrets like this, but hey, I hate to see someone p*ss away money like that.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
Frodo (11-21-2016)
Old 11-24-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Dude, WHY would you issue a refund for a $3k order...
It wasn't 3k it was 300. My decision to refund early was based off the type of item..and, holding off replying to buyers return request until I had it figured....I timed this one. And the item wasnt fully functional had a broken part that the both of us was looking online for a replacement part with no luck. I would of ordered the replacement part.

Quote:
The other point is I do truly like with high end items is a buyer's PHONE NUMBER..
Usually their is always a phone number on the ppal invoice. An online paid service can get this, too.
Old 11-25-2016

Longevity: 42%

Ive been asked for this info before but it always turned out to be a scammer of some sort, but I usually have items that are high priced and get scammed a lot anyway.
Old 11-27-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriph View Post
Ive been asked for this info before but it always turned out to be a scammer of some sort, but I usually have items that are high priced and get scammed a lot anyway.
speaking of being scammed...

entirely different item was purchased from me close to 300$ and I don't why I let it go but as soon as I seen the PayPal invoice had a .ru email and Russian name i shipped anyway. then I forgot to stick the label on the box before dropping off at usps. I just now looked up the PayPal shipping address from a state in the Midwest on gmaps and every review screamed SCAMMER.

Nown I'm sitting on stolen money in my ppal and my items is at a usps sort facility in another state.

what is time best way to handle this transction?
Old 11-27-2016
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

How did the package make it to another state if you forgot to put a shipping label on it?
Old 11-27-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

You can simply enter the tracking number of your return label within the return request. Just click accept return and it's the last option on the bottom. It'll never go back to your stealth address and right back to the address you have access to.

Quote:
Dude, WHY would you issue a refund for a $3k order before getting the order back? I can't think of any way for that to make sense. You are lucky the buyer is so reasonable, because I certainly wouldn't have made any effort to contact you after you gave my money back. Why would I go through the trouble?

For the record, returns on stealth account are not impossible and are a lot easier than some users make it out to be. All you do is EMAIL YOUR BUYER A RETURN SHIPPING LABEL, outside of Ebay. In cases where I'm not at fault and the buyer is paying return postage, I simply type out my return address in MS Paint, save it as an image, and upload to an Ebay message as an attachment.

Probably shouldn't be sharing secrets like this, but hey, I hate to see someone p*ss away money like that.
Old 11-28-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
How did the package make it to another state if you forgot to put a shipping label on it?
Because USPS has The Mail Recovery Center (MRC) where it all goes.

From Office of the Inspector General USPS: "Postal Service’s official lost and found department. Processing centers and retail and delivery units nationwide send mail items with no valid addressee or sender information to the MRC. The MRC’s core mission is to search, recover, forward, or return undeliverable mail nationwide."
Old 11-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

I've had mail sent to the lost mail place before, and I've also bought merchandise from there via govdeals.

I was just curious how you were tracking your package without a tracking number.

Since you haven't shipped the guy anything yet, just cancel the order and issue a full refund.