Issue with buyer - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-20-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
Default Issue with buyer

Hey guys , I just sold a >$600 Computer video card. This buyer is messaging me that the hardware is not working. (I stress tested them for 2 @!# days and made sure there are no issues and it was freshly opened out of the box but my client didn't want the extra power it delivered which made me decide to sell on ebay). I insured this package with USPS and buyer sent me a few pics of the damaged box , supposedly.

He hasn't opened a claim yet and is asking me if I get a refund through the Carrier's insurance that he'll be ok as long as I can refund him. I have a good feeling my carrier will tell me to F**k off since I don't have much evidence other than pictures, his phone number, and email.

As soon as I tell him that I couldn't get paid back through the carrier's insurance I know he'll open a case with "Item not as described" and I'm gonna end up refunding his money and getting either an "Empty box" if he's trying to scam me or "faulty video card" also if he's trying to scam me, hope I dont get a brick like some people said in the forums..

What are my choices? Will Law enforcement work? (Police or lawyer?) I know there is something like IC3?

Anyone who's experienced with this situation and/or have either lost or won the case please feel free to leave anything with me as I'm desperate.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-20-2016

Longevity: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkang87 View Post
Hey guys , I just sold a >$600 Computer video card. This buyer is messaging me that the hardware is not working. (I stress tested them for 2 @!# days and made sure there are no issues and it was freshly opened out of the box but my client didn't want the extra power it delivered which made me decide to sell on ebay). I insured this package with USPS and buyer sent me a few pics of the damaged box , supposedly.

He hasn't opened a claim yet and is asking me if I get a refund through the Carrier's insurance that he'll be ok as long as I can refund him. I have a good feeling my carrier will tell me to F**k off since I don't have much evidence other than pictures, his phone number, and email.

As soon as I tell him that I couldn't get paid back through the carrier's insurance I know he'll open a case with "Item not as described" and I'm gonna end up refunding his money and getting either an "Empty box" if he's trying to scam me or "faulty video card" also if he's trying to scam me, hope I dont get a brick like some people said in the forums..

What are my choices? Will Law enforcement work? (Police or lawyer?) I know there is something like IC3?

Anyone who's experienced with this situation and/or have either lost or won the case please feel free to leave anything with me as I'm desperate.
Try getting your money back from insurance, or if you are very desperate for the money just withdraw and leave the account. Only if it is worth losing. I know it is frowned upon here but that is your only way. That or trying your luck with eBay claims process
Old 11-20-2016
Threadstarter  

Default re: Issue with buyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobreed222 View Post
Try getting your money back from insurance, or if you are very desperate for the money just withdraw and leave the account. Only if it is worth losing. I know it is frowned upon here but that is your only way. That or trying your luck with eBay claims process
Will hiring a lawyer be more expensive? lol I've never hired one so don't know what the consequences might come out as
Old 11-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Why is the title buyer sends me an empty box?

You looking for attention?
Old 11-20-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Why is the title buyer sends me an empty box?

You looking for attention?
Buyer sounds very suspicious, and I'm almost 99% sure he'll send me back empty boxed, he messaged me saying if I can send him the original receipt, which I did.
Old 11-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkang87 View Post
Buyer sounds very suspicious, and I'm almost 99% sure he'll send me back empty boxed, he messaged me saying if I can send him the original receipt, which I did.
Then make the title accurate at the moment: help with suspicious buyer.

People are going to read thro' and ask when the box got returned.

Old 11-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

If insurance does not work, you have another set of options.

Record the moment you get the box from the carrier and video tape the opening.

File a police report (inform the buyer of this as well) and pass all the information to ebay, the buyer and the police.
File an IC3 complaint against the buyer as well.

Ebay will probably refund you to keep law enforcement out of the situation and let the buyer get the refund and keep the item
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigCJ For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (11-20-2016), rsot (11-20-2016)