your opinion - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-28-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default your opinion

Hey guys,
I need some advise here.
longtime eb member with 100% + feedback (purple star) requested to send invoice through pp for a high value item i am selling. they will be arranging shipping. would not be this considered a transaction outside of eb and not quite legitimate? has anybody done business under such circumstances and what would you advise? the buyer is actually selling a lot of items under the same category and looks like a legit member.
thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: your opinion

yes it would be outside of ebay, if they want you to send pp invoice and not go via ebay...

it is risky, you could lose your account over it.....if the buyer wants it that bad they can go via ebay.......or alternatively forget paypal and pay you with bank transfer.....
Frodo (11-29-2016)
Old 11-30-2016
MU

Longevity: 45%

It could be a competitor trying to get you busted by eBay, as stated above if they want it bad enough they can buy it through eBay
Old 11-30-2016

Longevity: 42%

Hi never do this classified as outside of ebay , you never know it could be unhappy customer of yours , who want to trick you and then report to ebay , when i get this sort of offers i always reply im sorry such out of ebay transactions are not allwed
Old 11-30-2016

I've done it all the time, some transaction were close to $6k. Deals outside of eBay would make 10-20% of my about $100-120k monthly volume. Just make sure not to write anything that mentions dealing outside of eBay through eBay messaging system

I usually would just tell customers inquiring about a deal bypassing ebay
"please email me at emailaddres@ gggeeemmmailll doot koom". eBay messaging system would let such messages through (it blocks actual email address if you spell it out properly) and I would do any correspondence about performing a transaction outside of eBay via email ONLY.

I know for a fact that eBay wont consider gmail or yahoo or whatever email correspondence as evidence. Only what's written though eBay's messaging system. I know this 100% from personal experience
Old 12-01-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackpot2000 View Post
Hi never do this classified as outside of ebay , you never know it could be unhappy customer of yours , who want to trick you and then report to ebay , when i get this sort of offers i always reply im sorry such out of ebay transactions are not allwed
eBay wont take that report. They dont consider messages outside ebay system as evidence. I know from an actual experience.
Old 12-01-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by finiteprecision View Post
I've done it all the time, some transaction were close to $6k. Deals outside of eBay would make 10-20% of my about $100-120k monthly volume. Just make sure not to write anything that mentions dealing outside of eBay through eBay messaging system

I usually would just tell customers inquiring about a deal bypassing ebay
"please email me at emailaddres@ gggeeemmmailll doot koom". eBay messaging system would let such messages through (it blocks actual email address if you spell it out properly) and I would do any correspondence about performing a transaction outside of eBay via email ONLY.

I know for a fact that eBay wont consider gmail or yahoo or whatever email correspondence as evidence. Only what's written though eBay's messaging system. I know this 100% from personal experience
Do you use PP for receiving payments or wire transfer?
I had to ask the buyer complete the transaction through EB. I ended up paying a good amount of money to EB as final value fee because I did not want to risk. I think oompaloompa is right saying such deals should be done via wire transfer to be safe.
Old 12-01-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
Do you use PP for receiving payments or wire transfer?
I had to ask the buyer complete the transaction through EB. I ended up paying a good amount of money to EB as final value fee because I did not want to risk. I think oompaloompa is right saying such deals should be done via wire transfer to be safe.
Always PayPal. I would just send a money request. I literally done that a 100 times. No issues. Just dont mention it through eBay messaging system. Once you're communicating with buyer through regular email, you can say anything you want. eBay will not look at it, even if the buyer will beg them to consider it. eBay COMPLETELY IGNORES correspondence done outside of eBay.

PayPal can be used to accept any payments from anybody. eBay cant determine that "such and such customer was corresponding with a seller about such and such item and then a PayPal email associated with that eBay customer is sending money to PayPal email associated with that eBay seller, therefore they've done a deal outside. It's too far of a stretch of imagination. Besides, a deal outside of eBay is cheaper than a listed price on eBay.

Last edited by finiteprecision; 12-01-2016 at 08:01 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to finiteprecision For This Useful Post:
Frodo (12-02-2016)
Old 12-04-2016
MU

Longevity: 45%

I only use PP for eBay, there are way better online payment services out there