eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Return process for eBay??? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/101805-return-process-ebay.html)

MichaelW 12-12-2016 11:35 AM

Return process for eBay???

Just got my first return requested but a bit confused. Please help me to understand it.

1. Buyer bought item 30 ago and now want to return because he didn't like it.
2. We are agreed on the partial refund (minus restock fee and all).
3. I accepted the return on eBay site and provide return address along with the RMA number.
4. eBay said that buyer have to be return the item by 12/01/2016.
5. I haven't got anything back from buyer.
6. Go to my eBay account to see what option for me at this time? Non, nothing but the refund buyer link.
7. Fund of that transaction show "Held" in my PP account.

- Is the case will be exp soon if the buyer don't return the item?
- Will I got the money release if the buyer don't return the item?
- What should I do at this time? Contact the buyer?

Thank you

Jackery 12-12-2016 12:34 PM

Re: Return process for eBay???

Because he did not like it, there should have been an option to decline the return for that reason and your reasoning for declining should of been "this is buyers remorse" case closed

Now you have to wait it out and it will take awhile, possibly 30 days

fox20c 12-12-2016 01:16 PM

Contact the buyer first and see what is going on, and then adjust depending on what he says.

yomama9999 12-12-2016 01:24 PM

Ebay gives the buyer a huge amount of time to return the item. You can message the buyer and see what is happening or you can just sit for a while and eventually you will be able to open a case and choose the option have not received item back and ebay usually decides the case in the sellers favor within a few hours.

MichaelW 12-13-2016 01:08 AM

Got the return item today. Login to eBay and click the refund buyer link. There is no option to do partial refund. What should I do?

Refund from PayPal? Will eBay have a record of the transaction if I do refund via PayPal?
Thank you

TN2016 12-13-2016 04:32 PM

I think if you guys already agreed upon the partial refund in the return case, you can go ahead and click refund buyer and it should be for that partial refund amount.

If that isn't the case, definitely DO NOT just refund from PayPal. I've heard of horror stories where sellers end up getting screwed doing it that way if the eBay rep can't put two and two together. They will sometimes refund again for you, essentially double charging you and at that point it may be counted as a defect since eBay technically stepped in. I would call eBay (if that's an option for you) and see what they recommend, or I would refund from within the return case if you'd already selected "offer partial refund amount" and the buyer had accepted.

MichaelW 12-14-2016 09:17 AM

We are agreed the partial refund in the case message communication.
The refund buyer link is a full refund not partial
Can't call eBay because the account in a female name :)