eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Any way to remove product reviews? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/102378-any-way-remove-product-reviews.html)

bednarekt 01-04-2017 11:43 PM

Any way to remove product reviews?

I sell generic items on eBay and they put product reviews at the bottom of the page which are from other sellers and are hurting my sales.

Is there any way to remove these from my listings?

MM78 01-04-2017 11:55 PM

Re: Any way to remove product reviews?

How to "Opt Out" of product reviews that show up in your listings:

Go to: "My eBay"
Click on "Account" tab
Click on "Site Preferences"
To the right of "Sell Your Item form and listings" Click on "Show"
To the right of "Show product ratings on your listings, if available." Click "Edit"
Click the radio button for "Do not display product ratings on my listings"
Click "Submit"

bednarekt 01-05-2017 07:54 PM

I read that same response on google but it appears that option is gone. Reading through eBay community it seems there is no way to remove it but before I settle I figured I'd come to the true eBay experts!

Play 01-05-2017 07:56 PM

This was a move on eBay's front to become like Amazon. I think that option only worked during their beta stages and has now been permanently enforced.

bednarekt 01-05-2017 10:49 PM

Well I could understand if it was a SKU item or even if I was the seller but I am getting reviews on my item listings for other bad sellers. eBay needs to get with it.

In my opinion they should also treat any buyer who doesn't post feedback after 90 days as a positive feedback. I'd say 10% of happy buyers leave feedback and 100% of mad ones leave negative. It is getting tough to just keep refunding!

MM78 01-05-2017 10:55 PM

So if the bad reviews are not about you....who cares?

bednarekt 01-05-2017 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 822349)
So if the bad reviews are not about you....who cares?

At the top of the page there is a star rating for the product. Most of my products have a three star rating despite my 100% feedback. I like good feedback but I like more sales better

stressed08 05-01-2017 01:44 PM

I was going to create a new thread on this, and saw one already existed. Has anyone found a fix for this issue?

I sell used items... and i have a 2 star review from a buyer that purchased from someone else. All of my items are spotless, he apparently bought from the wrong seller because his was not. I shouldn't have to deal with a 2 star review on the search result page from someone that didn't buy my item... how rediculous

MikeRock 05-01-2017 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stressed08 (Post 844943)
I was going to create a new thread on this, and saw one already existed. Has anyone found a fix for this issue?

I sell used items... and i have a 2 star review from a buyer that purchased from someone else. All of my items are spotless, he apparently bought from the wrong seller because his was not. I shouldn't have to deal with a 2 star review on the search result page from someone that didn't buy my item... how rediculous

Change the title or dont add all the product information. usually changing the title information will cause all my old reviews not to show up anymore.

jakobrockz 05-01-2017 04:45 PM

Not having product information -> lower search rank/less views

stressed08 05-01-2017 05:10 PM

Is that true? I never add any product information.. I wondered why my sales have been declining. Very specific keywords, but no item details. I used to be in the top 5-10% of search results... I havent checked lately but it did start to bounce my listings for making my own product specifics. Says the choice is not an option.

With that said.. the items with the product reviews also have no item details listed

bjammin 05-01-2017 05:40 PM

I am sure these are stealth accounts you are referring to, but it should still be an easy phone call to call ebay and inquire about this. They would not try to question your identity over something like this.

MikeRock 05-01-2017 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakobrockz (Post 844963)
Not having product information -> lower search rank/less views

This is probably the case with name brand items and items with searchable asin or upc's. I mostly sell generic products from China which dont have real product info. Ive never had a problem with customers finding me by Keywords in the Title.

Typically, if i want....... i can get top rated status on any of my accounts in less than a month with the products i sell...and in reality probably in 2 weeks. Ive built 3 accounts in the last 9 months all over 100K each. Never once have my products had product Info.

jakobrockz 05-01-2017 07:48 PM

I wasn't saying that it's not possible to be successful without putting item specifics...

stressed08 05-01-2017 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjammin (Post 844968)
I am sure these are stealth accounts you are referring to, but it should still be an easy phone call to call ebay and inquire about this. They would not try to question your identity over something like this.

Mine is a real top rated account... I typically hate calling but I have gotten US call centers the past few times

jakobrockz 05-01-2017 08:05 PM

I typically get US call centers for PayPal but have never gotten a US call center for eBay :/