eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Swindlers in the media catagory?? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/10422-swindlers-media-catagory.html)

SaiJin 04-13-2009 10:21 PM

Swindlers in the media catagory??

So I sell about 300 items a month... and I get around 10 people a month that make up stories, wants a refund AND KEEP the item.

so what's up with that?? I told them to open the dispute and even in the PP dispute and when they do, I say I'll refund after I receive the item.

1/2 of them, I NEVER even received the item so PP sided with me, then Bam, negative feedback.

Any advise? It's getting really tiresom like this.

gurusgrafx 04-14-2009 12:13 AM

people learn quick how easy it is to rip people off on ebay. they just make it too easy. feedback is really such crap. I use to sell this decal and had the size info of it in the auction in bold type for all to read. I had someone leave a negative saying it was smaller than they thought it would be. their should be some sort of marginal forgiveness built in for stupid people /con artists. One time right after the non negative feedback for buyers rule came into place I had someone want to return an item. I sold them a hooded sweatshirt, they sent me back a sweater they bought at goodwill for 2 bucks in its place. went to paypal with the info and they said I'd have to go to the police department and file a report before they would help me.

Its just the cost of doing business. Most of these people think we're all david rockafellers... If it bothers you to the point you can't handle it its time to move on from ebay....

gibsonton 04-14-2009 08:11 AM

I look at it the same as owning a store - people will shoplift .. i had a place at a nice indoor flea market and got stolen from by the workers there at a rate that i had to shut down .

Jonas 04-15-2009 07:43 PM

If people steal when you own a physical store, then a lot of times they go to jail. When it's online, it never happens.

If it's workers stealing, then you need video cameras there and employees watching all your employees nonstop.

SaiJin 04-16-2009 07:42 AM

Btw, is there a way to just put NEW rather than the like new or Brand new in the item condition? AUctiva doesn't allow this. and when I leave it black, it auto set to acceptable -_-

also, I never picked the pick up only then all of a sudden auctiva put my stuff on pick up only -_- wth?

ebaykilla 04-16-2009 09:09 AM

auctiva allows you to change the all the conditions listed on ebay.

TMiles 04-16-2009 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gurusgrafx (Post 83077)
people learn quick how easy it is to rip people off on ebay. they just make it too easy. feedback is really such crap. I use to sell this decal and had the size info of it in the auction in bold type for all to read. I had someone leave a negative saying it was smaller than they thought it would be. their should be some sort of marginal forgiveness built in for stupid people /con artists. One time right after the non negative feedback for buyers rule came into place I had someone want to return an item. I sold them a hooded sweatshirt, they sent me back a sweater they bought at goodwill for 2 bucks in its place. went to paypal with the info and they said I'd have to go to the police department and file a report before they would help me.

Its just the cost of doing business. Most of these people think we're all david rockafellers... If it bothers you to the point you can't handle it its time to move on from ebay....

Great advice. Unfortunately in any business there are crooks. You simply must take the good with the bad.

If you have more good days than bad, then you are pretty blessed!

Lyda 04-16-2009 10:34 AM

If you are selling higher value items like designer stuff, there is a way to take measures to protect yourself since Ebay and PP won't. I heard of horror stories of buyers returning the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ handbags and keeping the originals.. Some sellers document with photos what they shipped out, some use photographed items with plastic rings which are easy to remove if the buyer keeps an item .. Yes, it's a little more work and probably not necessary to do all the time, but if you suspect a problem down the road, it's worth a little extra effort.:pop2:

lakeman 04-16-2009 09:31 PM

lol Buyers that try and pull that stuff, deserve that! :lol:

lakeman 04-16-2009 09:38 PM

Once they get suspended won't all feedback they have left be deleted?

gurusgrafx 04-16-2009 09:53 PM

isn't that only if the account is less than 30days old?

lakeman 04-16-2009 10:01 PM

I'm not sure, anyone know?

SaiJin 04-17-2009 07:58 AM

Yes, I guess you are right. If I have more happy days than bad days.
Sigh I just got a neg from a bitch who bought the wrong item yelled at me and I said you didn't read did you... return and I'll refund as you requested... she changed her mind and said I mispresented. Damn eBay feedback and people.

gibsonton 04-17-2009 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonas (Post 83284)
If people steal when you own a physical store, then a lot of times they go to jail. When it's online, it never happens.

If it's workers stealing, then you need video cameras there and employees watching all your employees nonstop.

More times than not they dont go to Jail or get caught , the point is you are going to have people steal from you whether it is a store or online .It is part of doing business .

bigpoppa911 04-17-2009 08:11 PM

I agree shrinkage is part of business, It can't be totally avoided. Do what you can to reduce it, but concentrate more on increasing your profits.

SaiJin 04-17-2009 11:29 PM

Yea, I'm a bit fixated on my records, but I'm trying to just think in terms of $ . And not care about feedback

crazed_ebayer 04-18-2009 02:36 PM

Tell them to give you a positive and only then will you give them a refund , tell them you need their positive comments to feel safe giving them a refund.
Also tell them if i don't keep my word they can simply open a dispute up with paypal and get a refund anyway.
Tell them if they want A refund instantly to leave positive feedback for you, otherwise open a dispute and wait up to 2 weeks for a refund.