What does this mean ?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-17-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
Default What does this mean ??

Your listing has been removed: Trademark Violation - Unauthorized Item

Hello xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

After reviewing your eBay account, we've taken the following action:
- Listings have been removed. A list of items that were removed can be viewed at the bottom of this message.
- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).*
Your listing was removed after the rights owner reported it as counterfeit. We urge you to contact the rights owner directly for more information about why they requested the removal of your listing and whether you can relist the item.

For more information on our VeRO program, please visit:
http://pages.ebay.com/vero/infoforusers.html

If you have more questions, contact our policy experts:
http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cusr?query=1337&=PTB1211

Please be sure your current and future listings follow these guidelines, keeping in mind that additional violations could result in the suspension of your account.

The rights owner or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the rights owner, Apple, Inc., notified eBay that this listing violates intellectual property rights. When eBay receives a report of this type of violation, we remove the listing to comply with the law.

We encourage you to contact xxxxx Inc. directly if you have any questions.

You can send an email to:
brandprotection@xxxxxx.com

My questions are

1. Will i still get my money from those items i sold ??

2. Will there be a repercussion ??

3. There are thousands of sellers selling those particular items
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-17-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 45%
Default Re: What does this mean ??

1. You won't get your money. It's refunded back to the buyer. I think you're still charged an eBay fee.

2. Nope not really. Just don't sell that item on that account again.

3. It sucks but unfortunately ebay won't ban them all. Sometimes sellers have the right to sell certain products or they own those products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS View Post
1. You won't get your money. It's refunded back to the buyer. I think you're still charged an eBay fee.

2. Nope not really. Just don't sell that item on that account again.

3. It sucks but unfortunately ebay won't ban them all. Sometimes sellers have the right to sell certain products or they own those products.

Do you advise contacting eBay ??
Old 05-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
This is totally false. Just because a VeRO takedown occurs doesn't mean you automatically lose all of the money you've made from selling that particular product.

However it will likely cause you some problems, because all of your buyers will get an email from eBay explaining your listing was taken down because of copyright issues. So you'll probably have to send out a few refunds but you won't lose all of your funds.
Old 05-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyGuy View Post
Do you advise contacting eBay ??
Contacting eBay will do you no good whatsoever. They will just tell you to contact Apple for further details about the listing takedown. Just like the email says.
Old 05-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

Also for the record, Camaro's #2 answer is slightly misleading. Too many trademark violations in a short period of time will get your account shut down 100% of the time.

If your trademark violations aren't separated by thousands of sales then you're at risk for being suspended.
Old 05-17-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Also for the record, Camaro's #2 answer is slightly misleading. Too many trademark violations in a short period of time will get your account shut down 100% of the time.

If your trademark violations aren't separated by thousands of sales then you're at risk for being suspended.
There are thousands of people selling that particular item

My listing was authentic but those sellers have the worst counterfeit you will ever see, yet their listings​ are still up
Old 05-17-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
This is totally false. Just because a VeRO takedown occurs doesn't mean you automatically lose all of the money you've made from selling that particular product.

However it will likely cause you some problems, because all of your buyers will get an email from eBay explaining your listing was taken down because of copyright issues. So you'll probably have to send out a few refunds but you won't lose all of your funds.

Judging by his post I think this is a new PayPal Account so the funds are probably being held by Paypal. Otherwise he would have access to his money and could just withdraw it right? Maybe I'm missing something.

Old 05-17-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Contacting eBay will do you no good whatsoever. They will just tell you to contact Apple for further details about the listing takedown. Just like the email says.
How do you know i was selling Apple products ??

That's exactly what i was selling

It seems like Apple are notorious for Vero
Old 05-17-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:

I think he was referring to legal repercussions like jail or court

The Following User Says Thank You to CamaroSS For This Useful Post:
bobo_w_p (05-17-2017)
Old 05-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
There are thousands of people selling that particular item

My listing was authentic but those sellers have the worst counterfeit you will ever see, yet their listings​ are still up
I rarely share this but I've been involved with Apple for years. I know exactly where you're coming from. Believe me when I say every seller in the niche is occasionally hit by the Apple henchmen. Just consider yourself lucky for not being sued like Mobile Star last year.
Old 05-17-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Judging by his post I think this is a new PayPal Account so the funds are probably being held by Paypal. Otherwise he would have access to his money and could just withdraw it right? Maybe I'm missing something.

My PayPal is almost 1 year old but PayPal holds my funds for 1 week before releasing it
Old 05-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I think he was referring to legal repercussions like jail or court

Google "Mobile Star LLC Apple Lawsuit".

With all of the phakes on eBay it's nearly 100% impossible to profit with genuine Apple stuff sourced from Apple. So I find it very doubtful your products were truly 100% genuine, OP. :P
Old 05-17-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
My PayPal is almost 1 year old but PayPal holds my funds for 1 week before releasing it
I see. It sounds like you need to build up some selling history first before they start releasing your funds. It may be aged but you will need to build trust first.
Old 05-17-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I see. It sounds like you need to build up some selling history first before they start releasing your funds. It may be aged but you will need to build trust first.
Will selling an iPhone cover/case be an issue or a Vero violation
Old 05-17-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Google "Mobile Star LLC Apple Lawsuit".

With all of the phakes on eBay it's nearly 100% impossible to profit with genuine Apple stuff sourced from Apple. So I find it very doubtful your products were truly 100% genuine, OP. :P
I doubt Apple is going to sue this guy (or anyone for that matter). The court/lawyer fees wouldn't be worth it to take him to court. I'm sure he just started selling these so he's made nothing worth suing for.

OP you're fine. Just don't list anymore of those products. Start with none big name brand items.
Old 05-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
It sounds like there's something seriously wrong with your Paypal, but this had absolutely nothing to do with the listing takedown. The listing takedown was initiated by Apple's brand protection lawyers.

Regardless though the point remains, you won't lose all of your funds just because of a trademark violation.
Old 05-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I doubt Apple is going to sue this guy (or anyone for that matter). The court/lawyer fees wouldn't be worth it to take him to court. I'm sure he just started selling these so he's made nothing worth suing for.

OP you're fine. Just don't list anymore of those products. Start with none big name brand items.
They would do it just to make an example, as was the case with mobile star. Those guys really weren't moving much volume.

OP has already stated they're using a 1+ year old account so the "tread carefully at first" advice isn't really relevant.

This is what I'll usually do after a listing takedown. I'll sell several thousand items which takes a few months, then I list the item back up.
Old 05-17-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
They would do it just to make an example, as was the case with mobile star. Those guys really weren't moving much volume.

OP has already stated they're using a 1+ year old account so the "tread carefully at first" advice isn't really relevant.

This is what I'll usually do after a listing takedown. I'll sell several thousand items which takes a few months, then I list the item back up.
Will selling an iPhone cover/case be an issue or be a Vero violation
Old 05-17-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:

Their annual estimated revenue is over 8.5 million. Oh they were moving volume...

I think I'm missing your point. When did I say tread lightly? I said build up transaction history and don't list that item again.

OP don't re list that item again on the same stealth account. It will get banned. If you really need to sell those chargers then create another stealth account and test your luck on that one. It's best just to drop that product and find something with less risk.
Old 05-17-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Will selling an iPhone cover/case be an issue or be a Vero violation
Don't start with this kind of product. There are many factors that can make selling this kind of product risky. If you have to sell them (because you already have the stock) don't use Apple or any big name brand in your title. Like try something like

Used Black Phone Case

Maybe slip 6s,6s plus, 7, ect. in there. It'll just take testing.
Old 05-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

OP - Generic cases will not cause a problem. Camaro's advice regarding relisting the same item is sound advice. Still though it's not 100% factual as I've relisted items after takedowns (after a few thousand sales like I mentioned) and I've never lost an eBay account.

camaro - Ok, so they were a little bigger than I recall. Still though as a seller stocking the same stuff I did some serious soul searching when I heard about the lawsuit. You almost have to be moving volume to be profitable with cell phone accessories.