Seller Blocking My Bids on eBay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-17-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default Seller Blocking My Bids on eBay

Hey everyone,

Need your help. I purchased a LOT of items from a certain eBay seller (new open box stuff). Some of their items had issues, so I would request returns on them (damaged, etc).

I was buying from this seller for about 4-5 months. But just this past week, they decided to block my bids as they "couldn't meet my expectations." No warning. No messages. They just blocked me. I've tried to reconcile and help come up with a creative solution that works for both parties (even when I'm not the one at fault. Their descriptions are inaccurate at times). But they still have me blocked.

Regardless, I would really like to continue to bid and buy from this seller. And I even agreed to not open any more returns on future purchases...but they said the block is final. And won't let me bid anymore.

So here's where I need help. I'm looking to create another eBay account (and I guess another Paypal account too?). If I start bidding with this seller under the new name, will eBay link the accounts? Or does it not work that way?

What's the best way to go about this so I can bid with this seller again?

I promise to not open any returns with them under the new username.

Thank you for your help and insight!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Seller Blocking My Bids on eBay

Honestly I would've taken the same action against you so I can't blame the seller, lol.

Aspkin forum wisdom has always said eBay does not link buyer accounts, only seller accounts. So you can just make a new Ebay and Paypal and start buying again. Chances are the seller is using software to automate postage so they won't notice if you start having orders on your new account shipped to the same address as your last account.

Just make sure you use a different payment source on the Paypal side.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (05-17-2017), mrjosh99 (05-17-2017)
Old 05-17-2017

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

As sellers (and Im sure many will agree with me here) - we reserve the right to choose who we do business with. If doing business with a particular buyer is not economically viable, most sellers will choose to part ways. Sellers do not need to ask for a buyers permission, nor notify you that they no longer wish to deal with you.

Instead of being a pest, you should consider finding an alternative seller.
Old 05-17-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Honestly I would've taken the same action against you so I can't blame the seller, lol.

Aspkin forum wisdom has always said eBay does not link buyer accounts, only seller accounts. So you can just make a new Ebay and Paypal and start buying again. Chances are the seller is using software to automate postage so they won't notice if you start having orders on your new account shipped to the same address as your last account.

Just make sure you use a different payment source on the Paypal side.
I know I know. Sigh. Looking back on it. I regret it. Hindsight is always 20/20. I sell on eBay as well...so I understand the rationale behind why they chose to do it. I just thought we could work towards a creative solution. But I guess not.

One other question concerning the new Paypal account I create. Can I transfer money between my old one and new one just to have funds to buy items with? Will that cause any linkage?

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.
Old 05-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjosh99 View Post
I know I know. Sigh. Looking back on it. I regret it. Hindsight is always 20/20. I sell on eBay as well...so I understand the rationale behind why they chose to do it. I just thought we could work towards a creative solution. But I guess not.

One other question concerning the new Paypal account I create. Can I transfer money between my old one and new one just to have funds to buy items with? Will that cause any linkage?

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.
You will very quickly link the two accounts by transferring funds in that manner.

That's why I recommended adding a new and unique payment source to your new Paypal. You shouldn't even consider transferring money from other accounts if you want your Paypal's to last.

Open a new checking account with your bank if you need to, then attach the new debit card to your new Paypal. Then you can withdraw funds from your old Paypal to bank account A, transfer the funds from bank account A to bank account B, and then purchase with bank account B's debit card.

Know what I mean?
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
mrjosh99 (05-17-2017)
Old 05-17-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
You will very quickly link the two accounts by transferring funds in that manner.

That's why I recommended adding a new and unique payment source to your new Paypal. You shouldn't even consider transferring money from other accounts if you want your Paypal's to last.

Open a new checking account with your bank if you need to, then attach the new debit card to your new Paypal. Then you can withdraw funds from your old Paypal to bank account A, transfer the funds from bank account A to bank account B, and then purchase with bank account B's debit card.

Know what I mean?
Yeah, I got you. Whew. Thanks for that. Saved me a lot of heartache.

What about the address I use in Paypal? Does that matter? Or just the payment source needs to be completely different?
Old 05-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

What about the address I use in Paypal? Does that matter? Or just the payment source needs to be completely different?
There's honestly not very much information in RE to that since the forum is mainly geared towards sellers. Personally though I have orders shipped to my house from 15+ different Paypal accounts and I've never had linkage issues. I simply modify my address a bit on each account. I'll use a different business name (doesn't necessarily need to be an actual business), add "Front porch" or "Apt 1" to the 2nd address line, or something minor like that so I'm not using exactly the same address on all my accounts.

It works.
Old 05-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:

Ever hear of a Rental box? also known as P.O. Box.....come in handy.
Old 05-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Ever hear of a Rental box? also known as P.O. Box.....come in handy.
Definitely an option but there are cheaper ways to go about it. I would consider a PO Box for returns on a full-time selling account. For a buyer account though I would just change up my address a little. eBay and Paypal do not actively seek out and link buyers accounts.
Old 05-17-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Definitely an option but there are cheaper ways to go about it. I would consider a PO Box for returns on a full-time selling account. For a buyer account though I would just change up my address a little. eBay and Paypal do not actively seek out and link buyers accounts.
Last thing.

Technically, it's a seller/buyer account that I currently have. I will be creating a new eBay buying account and new Paypal account with it.

Since I sell on my current one, that won't cause any linking issues between the two, right?
Old 05-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Last thing.

Technically, it's a seller/buyer account that I currently have. I will be creating a new eBay buying account and new Paypal account with it.

Since I sell on my current one, that won't cause any linking issues between the two, right?
Again I can't say for certain but it's never been a problem for me. I have my home address configured as the return address on my biggest selling account. I use the same address (slightly modified though) as my shipping address when I'm ordering shipping/office supplies from other smaller stealth Paypals. So I've been doing the same thing you're describing for over 3 years without problems.

You can always play it safe and get a UPS store box or PO box. Not the route I would take though.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
mrjosh99 (05-17-2017)
Old 05-17-2017

Nothing against ebay policy in what you've written. Doesn't matter if they link them. It's ok for them to be linked. They will get linked. You aren't selling anything on it. Just buying stuff. They even recommend it for you to get another account to buy stuff. I've been pretty stupid with using my main account to buy stuff, but I'm lazy.

Open a new account, and buy using that account, and using the same paypal account. If you're worried about them noticing your address, get a PO box. All very simple.
Old 05-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 16%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
Nothing against ebay policy in what you've written. Doesn't matter if they link them. It's ok for them to be linked. They will get linked. You aren't selling anything on it. Just buying stuff. They even recommend it for you to get another account to buy stuff. I've been pretty stupid with using my main account to buy stuff, but I'm lazy.

Open a new account, and buy using that account, and using the same paypal account. If you're worried about them noticing your address, get a PO box. All very simple.
Actually using the same paypal will immediately show the seller hes dealing with the same person - unless ALL the info on that paypal is changed including the shipping address (which will need to be confirmed) and a new email address.
Not worth the hassle.
Id just find a new seller. As a seller myself I know that if someone tries to circumvent my policies it upsets me to no end.
Old 05-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

going stea.lth just to aggressively purchase from one seller tells me you caused this seller a lot of problems...ive blocked tons of people like you. then you admit to begging the seller to not block you if you agree to stop doing returns...just red flags for you all around.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (05-17-2017)
Old 05-17-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
Actually using the same paypal will immediately show the seller hes dealing with the same person - unless ALL the info on that paypal is changed including the shipping address (which will need to be confirmed) and a new email address.
Not worth the hassle.
Id just find a new seller. As a seller myself I know that if someone tries to circumvent my policies it upsets me to no end.
You can set the shipping address, to wherever, in the ebay checkout page. I have like 10 different address in my ebay checkout. Doesn't matter what your paypal address is set to.

New email address, maybe. But that depends on how far the seller will go in finding out who he is. As a seller, unless I have a big problem, I have no reason to research the email address of the paypal account I'm selling to, let alone remember an email address.

It's really a lot less hassle than it seems. Only if a problem arises, will anything actually matter. And if it does matter, well, THEN you can move on to a new seller.
Old 05-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

Just do your thing Mr. Josh. Haters gonna hate but something tells me you're going to continue purchasing from this seller regardless.

I agree with James about adding shipping addresses in eBay, and not necessarily "confirming" them in Paypal. Like I said most sellers at this point use software to automate postage. So unless the seller is selling some seriously high value items, it's very unlikely they would actually login to Paypal and check your address.

@OP - Just please stop being a hassle to the seller. We all sell here and we all hate @$$hole buyers.
Old 05-17-2017

Quote:
Just do your thing Mr. Josh. Haters gonna hate but something tells me you're going to continue purchasing from this seller regardless.

I agree with James about adding shipping addresses in eBay, and not necessarily "confirming" them in Paypal. Like I said most sellers at this point use software to automate postage. So unless the seller is selling some seriously high value items, it's very unlikely they would actually login to Paypal and check your address.

@OP - Just please stop being a hassle to the seller. We all sell here and we all hate @$$hole buyers.
In his defense, we all also hate @$$hole sellers. Tho some of us might be @$$hole sellers lol.

If this seller is genuinely messing up a lot with his descriptions, can you really blame the buyer for returning stuff? I've bought 1000's of items on ebay. The amount of sellers that sell me crap, is astounding. Large sellers. Perfect feedback sellers. Nothing like what their description states. Buy enough stuff, and you run into these problems. He just happens to buy a lot from the same guy. I probably wouldn't want to sell to him either... But one has to ask themselves, " is the buyer actually right? Or is he just a douche?".

I can't say whether the buyer is being too nit picky tho. That might also be the case. I don't know. Just giving my 3 cents.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
mrjosh99 (05-17-2017), phaz0rz (05-17-2017)
Old 05-17-2017
Threadstarter  

I've learned my lesson. No more heartache for this seller. I'll be a good and respectful buyer (even if the item isn't as described).

Thanks for everyone's help. I think it will be safest to create a new buyer account (just to be safe since not a lot of research has been done on this area).
Old 05-17-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
going stea.lth just to aggressively purchase from one seller tells me you caused this seller a lot of problems...ive blocked tons of people like you. then you admit to begging the seller to not block you if you agree to stop doing returns...just red flags for you all around.
I've been blocked by sellers, that got upset because I wanted a return, when they straight up lied in their listing. Sellers never want to admit fault, it seems... Even one tiny problem, and you can be blocked by a seller. Some don't want to deal with ANY problem at all, whether or not they were at fault. Can't blame them sometimes tho. We've become very jaded by ebay against buyers.
Old 05-17-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
In his defense, we all also hate @$$hole sellers. Tho some of us might be @$$hole sellers lol.

If this seller is genuinely messing up a lot with his descriptions, can you really blame the buyer for returning stuff? I've bought 1000's of items on ebay. The amount of sellers that sell me crap, is astounding. Large sellers. Perfect feedback sellers. Nothing like what their description states. Buy enough stuff, and you run into these problems. He just happens to buy a lot from the same guy. I probably wouldn't want to sell to him either... But one has to ask themselves, " is the buyer actually right? Or is he just a douche?".

I can't say whether the buyer is being too nit picky tho. That might also be the case. I don't know. Just giving my 3 cents.
This seller lists liquidation stuff in mass quantities. So they aren't always providing the most accurate description and photos. So my returns were pretty valid. Always provided pics, info, etc that provided support. I think I just need to understand that there will be issues with the stuff I buy from this seller (just how it is).
Old 05-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

you still cannot change the name on the account. And from my own experience I tend to remember the more troublesome buyers Ive had to deal with. In this case it sounds like the seller will definitely remember the name of this specific buyer since he bought many many times from him AND cause no small amount of trouble.

Quote:
You can set the shipping address, to wherever, in the ebay checkout page. I have like 10 different address in my ebay checkout. Doesn't matter what your paypal address is set to.

New email address, maybe. But that depends on how far the seller will go in finding out who he is. As a seller, unless I have a big problem, I have no reason to research the email address of the paypal account I'm selling to, let alone remember an email address.

It's really a lot less hassle than it seems. Only if a problem arises, will anything actually matter. And if it does matter, well, THEN you can move on to a new seller.
Old 05-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

If this is the case then why go through al this trouble to force a seller to deal with you after he said in a very absolute manner that he does NOT want to do business with this buyer any more?