Three strange T&S messages... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-08-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Send a message via AIM to SevnSins Send a message via MSN to SevnSins Send a message via Yahoo to SevnSins
Default Three strange T&S messages...

Looks like someone might have spoofed my account. Anyone seen this before?

Message #1
MC010 Support Warning - TKO (Selling) - Restored Account

Hello user,

Your account was accessed by an unauthorized third party to list items without your authorization. At this time we have taken several steps to secure your eBay account. Rest assured that your credit card and banking information is safe on the eBay site, as this information is kept encrypted on a secure server and cannot be viewed by anyone.

To regain control of your account, please complete the following steps:

1. Change the password on your personal email account to verify that it is secure and cannot be accessed by anyone other than you.

2. Change the password on your eBay account. Go to the eBay sign-in page, click the "Forgot your password" link, and change your password using the instructions provided.

3. Verify the contact information on your account is correct. Go to My eBay and click the "Personal Information" link under My Account.

To better understand how your account was compromised, please take a moment to review the Account Protection tutorial.

Account Protection

We're sorry for the inconvenience, and we thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Customer Support

H19601
------------------------------------------------->

Message #2
MC012 eBay Listing Removed: (<TDE_TNS_CASE_ID>)

Dear user,

You recently listed the following :

270387483319 - Audi : A4

Unfortunately, we had to remove your listing because the following information violates our policy:

You can review our listing removal policies and seller rules by clicking the links below.

Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust and Safety team

Why eBay may remove your listing:
Why eBay May Remove Your Listing

Knowing the rules for sellers:
Knowing the rules for sellers

H55424

Message #3
MC027 Billing - Temporary Exclusion From Automatic Payment of Selling Fees

Dear user,

We have temporarily disabled the automatic payment of your invoices. We're sorry for the inconvenience, but we've taken this action to ensure that you're being charged only for amounts that you actually owe.

If you're not currently an active seller, then our action should have no effect upon your account and the following information is for your information only.

***Important***
If you have listed items recently or plan to list items in the near future, please review the following information carefully. You may be required to take action in order to ensure that your account remains current.

For the next 7 days, eBay will not attempt to make automatic payment for the invoices of your selling fees. However, the due dates for all selling fees have not changed. If any valid fees are due within the next 30-60 days, a manual one-time payment will be required in order to keep your account current.

To make a one-time manual payment:
1. Click the "Site Map" link at the top of the eBay home page.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Make a Single Payment" link that appears under the "My Selling Account" heading.
3. Follow the instructions provided.

If a payment is already in progress, it will go through as planned. If an automatic payment goes through in the next few days and you think the amount may be incorrect, please contact the Billing Team immediately by clicking the "Contact Us" link on the eBay home page.

If you have any questions about the amount due or need help making a manual payment, please click the "Contact Us" link that appears at the top of the eBay home page. Members of our Billing Team are available to help you 24 hours a day.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Inc.

H18677

Thanks,
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-08-2009

Longevity: 92%
Send a message via MSN to gurusgrafx Send a message via Yahoo to gurusgrafx

a friend got this message a few years ago. someone listed a john deere tractor on his. they made him change his password.
Old 05-08-2009
Threadstarter  

Send a message via AIM to SevnSins Send a message via MSN to SevnSins Send a message via Yahoo to SevnSins

I REALLY like your signature. Every time I read your posts, it makes me laugh.
Old 05-08-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

I got that one about 2 months ago. Thing is, nothing had been listed from the account and no bids had been placed by the account. The most recent login for that account was back in 2005. Talk about lag!
Old 05-08-2009

Longevity: 91%

I received #1 email few years ago too on newer account, maybe only 10 feedback at the time. I was surprised too..but it appeared that someone has indeed hacked my account, and listed bunch of stuff on it. I did go ahaid and changed my passwords (one thing you must be careful of doing this, do it from correct IP, VERY IMPORTANT). Now, when I do important passwords I compose it of number first, than a word, than numbers again. These are almost impossible to heck I hear.
My account is still up and running , BTW.
Old 05-08-2009
Threadstarter  

Well that's F'n weird. I'm going to change my passwords, but I'm not clicking any of the links in the email. Seems like it should be a real email, since it came through the ebay system and not directly to my email.

Old 05-08-2009

It's probably a real Ebay email... But if you have to click on their links, just make sue you have correct window user and IP and you'll be fine.
Old 05-08-2009
Threadstarter  

I don't have a "registered" IP, per say.

I rarely login to ebay, since I use a listing manager. When I do login to ebay, I use a form of dial up (tethered cell phone). This gives me a new IP each login, so what do you mean by "correct IP"?

Thanks,
Old 05-08-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

wow - this **** just happened to me today using an old buyers account i had since 2006. This is the first time i am using it to sell and I got those same messages - weird - I'm thinking to contact live chat to help with this prob cause of this i cant sell on this account now and I guess i should change my pw 2. Good thing i got other accounts to sell on - just wired.
Old 05-08-2009

Sometimes Ebay sends this just to scare you, make you click immediately on the link and than they get IP, sometimes however the email is legit like it was in my case one time. But I received both from Ebay before, the bait email and the legit one, so I know. They caught me once, linked the account to suspended one, and I was kaput... lol. Not any more after I've been here on this Forum and read the stealth guide.

SevenSins, Ebay does that sometimes for linking purpose, but if you used correct user account and your normal dial up that they are already used to, you should be fine - no linking.
Old 05-08-2009
Threadstarter  

I think someone did get in my account. It had a very generic password, and when I tried to login, the password was changed. Had to request password change.
Old 05-09-2009

Longevity: 88%

i had hired and older woman to handle some of my ebay chores for me. i think she fell for a phishing email one day and soon after i got some emails like above. this was about 4 years ago. when i tried to login i had to call trust/safety department and verify information to unlock the account and change password. i had around 3800 auctions running and ebay cancelled them all and closed my store. had to reconfigure all that crap and take a loss in sales that week. completely cleared the account of all selling and buying history. it was a nightmare and ebay was no help. not to mention a few hundred emails from bidders asking where the item went and if i was still trustworthy after the email that ebay sent them stating my action was illegitimate.