Intentionally linking new accounts for higher limits - verification? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-07-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
Default Intentionally linking new accounts for higher limits - verification?

Quick question. Let's say I have an aged stealth account in good standing in the name of John Smith. If John Smith creates a second stealth account in his details using TextPlus for verification, will it still pull 0 limits? Or is the fact that he is already a registered user with a healthy account enough to give him limits >0

If he links the two accounts, is that enough to get an automatic raise on the limits? Or would he have to call it in nonetheless

Last edited by kirkland; 07-07-2017 at 11:29 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-07-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Intentionally linking new accounts for higher limits - verification?

John Smith would be smart enough to not make more accounts with the same name, information.
Old 07-08-2017
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Intentionally linking new accounts for higher limits - verification?

John Smith is thinking of doing so because it would (in theory) give him higher selling limits on the new account, as the younger account could stand on the shoulders of the older account. He's wondering why that's a bad strategy (he realizes that if one account goes down, they both go down)
Old 07-08-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

eBay actually already offers this feature.

If you go My eBay and click "Request Higher Selling Limits" they offer you two options:

1. Call and request them.

or

2. Link your account to another account that already has higher limits.

But you need to read this thread about it before you make a decision.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...ve-limits.html
Old 07-12-2017

Longevity: 42%

I guess it depends if you want true stealth. If the account is in good standing and is an old stealth account, you could do that. However, you would then create a link between the two. If something bad happens on one, it may affect the other.
Old 07-13-2017

Longevity: 73%

This is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard, and I've heard a lot of bad, bad ideas on this forum over the years.

As Ghost will tell you, you can call and get limits increased, and they also increase naturally over time.

They usually divide the limit between the two accounts. What's the point of having two accounts with the same information with a limit of 500 each as opposed to 1 account with a limit of 1000? None that I can see.

I'm sure someone will enlighten me, though...
Old 07-14-2017
Executive [VIP]

As dallis said, and as others in the thread I linked to said, it's a bad idea.
Old 07-14-2017

Longevity: 63%

It's totally not bad idea and I'm thinking about the same thing to do with one of my accounts. If the account is in good standing I do not see a reason why not to open a new account under same name and get higher selling limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-14-2017
Executive [VIP]

lol.

Why don't you do some research before proclaiming how brilliant the idea is?

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...ve-limits.html
Old 07-14-2017

Longevity: 73%

Then you should do it, and good luck to you.

When they close them both down, or some other unforeseen ( to you ) issue arises, I'd suggest you log onto a forum somewhere they aren't familiar with this thread, because the sympathy here is going to be pretty thin...
Old 07-14-2017
Executive [VIP]

Others have reported the limits are shared anyways, so there's no point...
Old 07-14-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
This is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard, and I've heard a lot of bad, bad ideas on this forum over the years.

As Ghost will tell you, you can call and get limits increased, and they also increase naturally over time.

They usually divide the limit between the two accounts. What's the point of having two accounts with the same information with a limit of 500 each as opposed to 1 account with a limit of 1000? None that I can see.

I'm sure someone will enlighten me, though...
The idea behind it is mostly to stay hidden from competitors... doesn't really matter if eBay knows the accounts are shared.

I've noticed that competitors often copy the products/listings I carry, so the idea behind it is to put the items on different accounts, so I can keep a couple steps ahead of the competition. This way, they wouldn't be able to associate the items with me and easily copy me as they currently do.

I think its possible limits would be shared on the account, but that doesn't bother me either. I have a high enough ceiling on the main account so that even if it would be halved it would still be more than I need. But, this is a bit of a wild card since I'm not sure exactly in what manner the listings would be reduced on the main card... I am only speculating.

Anyway, that was my reasoning for creating the thread. As of now I just went ahead and created a few more fresh accounts only because I bought a new tracfone and might as well use the #s... I will think on whether to do this linking method in the future.
Old 07-14-2017

Longevity: 50%

hmm i wouldn't recommend this method
Old 07-14-2017
Executive [VIP]

Whats the point of all that? Why not just create multiple stealths like....I dunno...the entire rest of the forum?
Old 07-14-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
Whats the point of all that? Why not just create multiple stealths like....I dunno...the entire rest of the forum?
Well, I tried to explain the point in my post above (post #12). And also, because the barrier to opening these accounts would be lower than a new stealth (no new EINS, bank accounts, reuse PayPal, etc). But I guess my post doesn't really resonate with you guys. As I said, I've gone ahead and created more stealths, but I really am struggling to see why what I said is a bad idea given the intention
Old 07-14-2017
Executive [VIP]

Because if one account goes down, they both do.

Easier to do it right the first time.

Also you don't need an EIN to open an eBay or PayPal account.
Old 07-21-2017

Longevity: 44%

John Smith should just chug along and be patient. Even brand new accounts with $500 limits can be $15,000 in a few months. Risking his good account is a bad idea.