eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   New Computer For Stealth (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/109617-new-computer-stealth.html)

cockles1976 08-10-2017 01:32 PM

New Computer For Stealth

Is there any advantage/disadvantage in getting a chromebook instead of a pc laptop for setting up stealth account/s.

AK81 08-10-2017 01:39 PM

Re: New Computer For Stealth

Lets talk about the technical side for a second, lets say most of us here exclusively use a browser to access our eBay/PayPal accounts. They will only be able to link you on what information the browser outputs.. This information can be spoofed/changed/edited/manipulated via a simple extension, or a proxy/vpn/dongle/etc.. Buying a new computer would be in my opinion a complete waste of money. You need to look into Virtual Machines or if that is too complex (although its really not) learning how to manage your account(s) without creating inconsistencies or links.

I mean yes, if you was to buy a laptop specifically to manage 1 account paired with fresh information you would eliminate 9/10 links to any previous accounts simply because its a dedicated computer for a dedicated task however.. If you're unable to understand the concept and technicalities behind why you're being linked and what you need to do to avoid that buying a new computer will not help you, honestly.

FIRST 08-10-2017 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockles1976 (Post 864537)
Is there any advantage/disadvantage in getting a chromebook instead of a pc laptop for setting up stealth account/s.

No difference
You can use one computer for multiple accounts. Any computer will be mesh. The main thing is to create a new account.
I would advise you to have a separate laptop for basic accounts. And a separate laptop for hidden accounts.

stevebills 08-10-2017 01:41 PM

chromebooks are cheap as chips unless you want a google pixel thats £899
apples and oranges to be honest the pc has more software than the chromebook
most chromebooks dont have a rj45 socket they rely on wireless internet but usb to rj45 dongle might work
pc's have rj45 sockets in abundance
anything that runs a browser will work
i like desktops with big screens like 40 inch but im blind from wanking to much when i was 13
to run mutilple accounts is hard for men as women are able to multitask just ask my misses
she can wash the clothes ,dry then ,make the tea and when the machines are done turn then all off while watching corrie
and be on the phone to her mates
i cant drive and talk on the phone i would go over a cliff
thx
steve

empirestate 08-10-2017 04:24 PM

Quote:

Better buy a budget PC than a Chromebook.
How to clean photos
Best image resizer

MM78 08-10-2017 04:41 PM

Chromebook? Id rather use an Etch-a-sketch!
http://www.ufunk.net/wp-content/uplo...tch-Art-10.jpg

dallis 08-10-2017 04:46 PM

The processors in chromebooks mostly use older model chips, and the speed is usually slower.

Just get a laptop with an i7, they're relatively inexpensive and they'll do everything you want with power to spare.

Offsite link chart with multiple chromebooks side by side:

https://www.chromebookchart.com/

GreatDefender 08-10-2017 04:51 PM

I just use the same computer with different users. Everything is good so far, but I have only been using stealth for a bit over a year

yankee 08-10-2017 09:13 PM

chromebook is really a pain in the ass to hook most printers up to. They are slower in general but hey, they are really cheap.

SaiJin 08-11-2017 12:39 AM

how about buying an older generation laptop from 2 years ago? I think that'd be a good option instead of a chromebook

stevebills 08-11-2017 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 864642)
chromebook is really a pain in the ass to hook most printers up to. They are slower in general but hey, they are really cheap.

Cheap my Chromebook was £899

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

stevebills 08-11-2017 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 864588)
The processors in chromebooks mostly use older model chips, and the speed is usually slower.

Just get a laptop with an i7, they're relatively inexpensive and they'll do everything you want with power to spare.

Offsite link chart with multiple chromebooks side by side:

https://www.chromebookchart.com/

My Google Chromebook has an i7 cpu

Play 08-11-2017 04:54 AM

Quote:

The one hiccup I see is Microsoft Excel isn't supported by Chromebooks, so how would you keep track of IPs used across multiple accounts?

P.S. the online version of Microsoft Excel doesn't support conditional formatting (last I checked), so having to check for duplicate IPs (ctrl+f) would just become tedious.

I strongly recommend sticking to a PC/Laptop - as otherwise I feel you'll be wasting too much time finding ways to get out of sticky situations, like the one i've mentioned.

cockles1976 08-11-2017 06:37 AM

Many thanks for the responses. What a great forum!

I understand that you don't NEED a new computer, it's just my laptop has broken-so I'm looking to purchase anyway.
The Chromebook I find quite useful since I'm only browsing, plus they're cheap (£189-£229).

I just wanted to check that separate user accounts wouldn't share history or if there was a specific stealth disadvantage. From the responses I'm understanding they're isn't. And any disadvantages are more about computer power and flexibility.

stevebills 08-12-2017 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 864712)
The one hiccup I see is Microsoft Excel isn't supported by Chromebooks, so how would you keep track of IPs used across multiple accounts?

P.S. the online version of Microsoft Excel doesn't support conditional formatting (last I checked), so having to check for duplicate IPs (ctrl+f) would just become tedious.

I strongly recommend sticking to a PC/Laptop - as otherwise I feel you'll be wasting too much time finding ways to get out of sticky situations, like the one i've mentioned.

google excel same thing lol

stevebills 08-12-2017 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockles1976 (Post 864722)
Many thanks for the responses. What a great forum!

I understand that you don't NEED a new computer, it's just my laptop has broken-so I'm looking to purchase anyway.
The Chromebook I find quite useful since I'm only browsing, plus they're cheap (£189-£229).

I just wanted to check that separate user accounts wouldn't share history or if there was a specific stealth disadvantage. From the responses I'm understanding they're isn't. And any disadvantages are more about computer power and flexibility.

chromebook is good for separate user accounts

stevebills 08-12-2017 05:32 AM

The best thing about my cromebook is it boots up in like 5 seconds from off

Play 08-12-2017 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevebills (Post 864901)
google excel same thing lol

I didn't know Google sheet supported conditional formatting for duplicate values across the sheet. If it does, then great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevebills (Post 864903)
The best thing about my cromebook is it boots up in like 5 seconds from off

That is definitely one of the greatest aspects of Chromebook. Speed and efficiency.

yankee 08-12-2017 08:54 AM

You might want to make sure you can print labels from your Chromebook. It can be a real chore. I personally dont like installing plugins or researching and experimenting with them and I am sure most are wonderful and all but make sure it works for your needs before buying and then having it not work.

When we use chromebooks, we simple use a PC for labels. We email a pdf or use shipstation.

stevebills 08-12-2017 11:43 AM

I have a pc with a laser printer for labels

stevebills 08-12-2017 11:45 AM

Most Chromebook can run android apps now so lots of software now

stevebills 08-12-2017 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevebills (Post 864924)
I have a pc with a laser printer for labels

In fact I have 6 pcs In my office but they mostly run Ubuntu