Please keep this in mind.. Read! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-29-2007
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Default Please keep this in mind.. Read!

I'm just letting you all know that we all know Ebay is getting stricter.

Sooner or later, probably more sooner then later they will require you ID VERIFY before setting up a seller account. I can see that coming already and they are somewhat already talking about it in the Ebay community forums.

So alot of really need to wean of Ebay and find other means. I would only use Ebay for a backup. Its about to get real real crazy with ebay.

Thy have billions. And they will stay rich no matter what. Even if the have only a quarter of the sellers they have now Ebay will still stay rich because they will still have tons of buyers.

I don't think Ebay will never go down, they might start to get a bad name and get sued but that still wont bring them down. Paypal got sued for Millions and they are still on top.

You all need to start think of other ways to sell no joke. Start using the other auction sites.

Just a word of caution.

And oh, my friend in California who has a girl who works at Ebay told me this.

No legit SS# no Ebay seller account.

They are so rich now, it would be in Ebay best interest just to do this. They aren't going to lose any money, hell they can make a billion dollars over night just off interest.

GOOD LUCK!. I'm giving Ebay up after the end of this month. I dont even want to depend on them anymore. I might use them just to advertise my website or whatever but I wont be stressed if Ebay lets me go. I'm tired of the stress that Ebay takes us through
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-29-2007

Longevity: 99%

I doubt that chris eventually ebay will become enron they become so greedy. you forget they are buying all other auctions sites up also thinking to investors they are making money when in reality they are losing money. EBAY will fall at its own feet I dont think they will become that powerful they control the world look at Enron thats what they wanted to do themselves.
Old 08-29-2007
Banned
Threadstarter  

Ebay isnt losing money! What in the world are you thinking..lol And what auction sites did Ebay buy up???

Ebay is clocking dough. They arent never losing money..

Like I said earlier "They aren't going to lose any money, hell they can make a billion dollars over night just off interest."
Old 08-29-2007
Banned
Threadstarter  

Thats because Ebay is building up its guns right now. Buying out everything and spreading there money out.

So just because"Ebay is making anything like they use to" they money comes in from their other business such as Paypal.

Ebay is clocking dough off Paypal. And Ebay and Pay is different , So Ebay stocks wont tell story.

Correct me if I'm wrong
Old 08-29-2007

Longevity: 96%

I agree with Chris. Go to other auction sites and stake your claim! If more and more people did this, ebay's stock will eventaully be effected. Ubid.com is good if you have a small business. Sell.com is good too if you have a small business, take out a classified ad. That's what ebay is getting ready to do, Classified ads just like sell .com

I do however predict that ebay will get majorly sued, sooner or later in a class action. Seriously I think that ebay has an addictive quality, and many of us are addicted to it, one way or another. I guess ebay anonymous is not too far out either for ebay addicts....smiles....
Old 08-29-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
Ebay isnt losing money! What in the world are you thinking..lol And what auction sites did Ebay buy up???

Ebay is clocking dough. They arent never losing money..

Like I said earlier "They aren't going to lose any money, hell they can make a billion dollars over night just off interest."
keep in mind chris I dont post for my health granted my post did not recieve many replys becuase folks are kinda lazy to read, but read up on the links I provided especially auctionguild.com I provided alot of interesting items going. Also read about the hacker who can hack into the bay system from within.
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...s-muscles.html
Old 08-29-2007
Banned
Threadstarter  

Check this out. Ebay had a successful quarter.

I told you all they are still making dough..

reportonbusiness.com: EBay stock might be worth a bid

And Ebay doesnt care if they get sued. They have money put away just for that..

Thats what big corps do. They break the law, charging you alot of money, steal your money like PayPAl. The lawsuit money they have to pay out doesn't even compare to the money they made from breaking the law
Old 08-29-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
Seriously I think that ebay has an addictive quality, and many of us are addicted to it, one way or another. I guess ebay anonymous is not too far out either for ebay addicts....smiles....
my co workers do crack at that a lot.....ebay is addicting I admit.
Old 08-29-2007

Quote:
Check this out. Ebay had a successful quarter.

I told you all they are still making dough..

reportonbusiness.com: EBay stock might be worth a bid
chris Enron had many successful quarters lets not forget they bought out companies and inflated the overall gains thus in turn excited many stock brokers. If you look closely many companies can inflate anything they want money wise. Enron was in the tank for over 2 years and everyone thought they were black all that time
Old 08-29-2007
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel_01 View Post
keep in mind chris I dont post for my health granted my post did not recieve many replys becuase folks are kinda lazy to read, but read up on the links I provided especially auctionguild.com I provided alot of interesting items going. Also read about the hacker who can hack into the bay system from within.
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...s-muscles.html
Yeah I have knew of the hacker for awhile now. The same russians they hired is hacking their servers..
Old 08-29-2007
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel_01 View Post
chris Enron had many successful quarters lets not forget they bought out companies and inflated the overall gains thus in turn excited many stock brokers. If you look closely many companies can inflate anything they want money wise. Enron was in the tank for over 2 years and everyone thought they were black all that time
Nobody won't dare try to pull that again. You saw what happen to the big chiefs...Prison

And Corps has to have the records audited by the government now before posting the results. They changed the rule after the Enron mess
Old 08-29-2007

Quote:
Nobody won't dare try to pull that agin. You saw what happen to the big chiefs...Prison
is that suppose to scare people from trying to make a buck! I highly doubt it in fact they can learn how to get away with it better since Enron was so publicised. YOu know CEOs in company can tank a company and get a multi million bonus.....Ebay is no diff. they run off profits. The corporate world is a evil just as bad as living in Wats, Cali.
Old 08-29-2007
Banned
Threadstarter  

But know they have auditors who audit there records before posting.. So how can they fool auditors?
Old 08-29-2007

Quote:
But know they have auditors who audit there records before posting.. So how can they fool auditors?
by items MISC...the gov can not monitor all companies....if a companie even posts future gains thats their perogative and than excite brokers or not. After the Enron incident Intel themselves stopped predicting gains for each quarter so that their stocks do not get inflated. The books of companies only get monitored if the gov feels they aint getting their money other than that if a company makes them fat and happy politicians who cares.
Old 08-29-2007
Banned
Threadstarter  

No, they changed that after Enron. My Business teacher told me that. All corps have to be audited before they produce their reports
Old 08-29-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 3%
Longevity: 100%

To stick with the subject of the thread, I agree eBay is only becoming harder to work with. It's definitely better to start your own website where you can control your sales then to rely on eBay. Sure eBay is good for making a quick buck, but it shouldn't be your only source of income, and you shouldn't rely on it for the long run. I've said this probably more then 100 times in my blog and in the forums. You won't have long term success with eBay. You're only option for a secured platform is having your own website.
Old 08-29-2007

Longevity: 96%

wow it looks like ebay is cracking the whip big time! Id better really start working on my web site....I just need to raise some money to pay for advertising.
Old 08-29-2007
Banned
Threadstarter  

I build websites for a small fee. Advertising isnt all that hard