eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   refunding throught paypal VS buyer cancel order - help? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/109767-refunding-throught-paypal-vs-buyer-cancel-order-help.html)

sluster2016 08-16-2017 06:38 AM

refunding throught paypal VS buyer cancel order - help?

Hey All -
Is one way better than the other?
Background - on all my better pieces, high end, as a surprise I always get the item dry cleaned, and hand written note, sometimes a free gift.. ( im 100% positive feedback and top rate seller )
Problem? I dropped off 11 pieces and my dry cleaners handed them out to wrong customer. They are trying to locate them. they said a lot of times its a few days before someone notices " hey this isnt mine"
Ive had a few of those customers asking when am i going to ship..
Im letting them know whats going on, i ask them what would they like me to do
wait a few days, cancel the order and refund, or allow them to buy other items in my store.

I really dont want to have 11 cancel orders, yesterday I had 2 people want to wait to see if my dry cleaners can locate.
i canceled 2 orders, and refunded 1 through paypal.

rsot 08-16-2017 08:14 AM

Re: refunding throught paypal VS buyer cancel order - help?

Buyer cancelling order looks better BUT given the potential surge of cancelled orders...all of this could look bad in pp eyes

phaz0rz 08-16-2017 08:22 AM

Just cancel the orders as "buyer requested" for the customers who aren't willing to wait, and accept the "late shipment" defect for the customers who are willing to wait.

I can't say for certain if you're penalized by refunding a customer in Paypal without cancelling the eBay order. I know the sales record will update to reflect the refund. Seems like this would at least count as a "late shipment" since whatever tracking you uploaded never shows delivery

sluster2016 08-16-2017 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 865758)
Buyer cancelling order looks better BUT given the potential surge of cancelled orders...all of this could look bad in pp eyes

Thanks for your help, im hoping between them picking other items, waiting couple days, and couple refunds i wont be red flagged..
so far i have a few people wanting to wait. I just dont want a bunch of cancel orders, or refunds.
Im also hoping my dry cleaners finds my stuff.. and im never being nice again (jk)

cool25 08-17-2017 03:50 AM

I don't think it can effect on your paypal account. I just Canceled 5 orders from Ebay.

They Refunds all my money and my paypal is working fine now

sluster2016 08-17-2017 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cool25 (Post 865961)
I don't think it can effect on your paypal account. I just Canceled 5 orders from Ebay.

They Refunds all my money and my paypal is working fine now

Thanks, i was just worried about too many cancels or refunds. im hoping if i can kinda hide them in between a bunch of other sells/listings maybe they wont notice.. lol
i am one of the " dumb kids" who has all my eggs in 1 basket.. so i really dont want to lose this acct