eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Chromebook on Costco good idea? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/110700-chromebook-costco-good-idea.html)

nakamuru 09-20-2017 02:19 PM

Chromebook on Costco good idea?

I'm thinking of getting chrome book on costco or bestbuy just for stealth accounts. Does anyone do something like this? It's compact, long battery life and web browsing and uner 250 bucks.

I do graphic design for company so i don't want to use my own laptop and keep it pure so to speak.

aspkin 09-20-2017 02:33 PM

Re: Chromebook on Costco good idea?

Go for it. It's cheap enough and if you don't like it return it, it's costco after all.

nakamuru 09-20-2017 03:15 PM

Thanks. Avatar always thought it was boba fett.. then just saw its not.. random tidbit..

CHromebook will allow me to use firefox right .. I always think chrome browser holds user information too much (which is nice for non stealth) but stealth it's not.

Play 09-20-2017 03:19 PM

I would recommend a Windows laptop. Their available for cheap if all your doing is running eBay accounts on them, so you wont need high specs.

But more importantly, you won't run into compatibility conundrums... i.e. will Firefox work?, will your label printer work with Chromebook? If not how will you print labels? etc. etc.

Just a little peace of mind.

nate 09-20-2017 03:20 PM

I love my Chromebook. The only issue I've run into is with Printing and shipping. Shipstation solves the shipping issue. You would want to get a printer compatible with Chromebook or you have to use google cloud print, and you can only print off one user account using google cloud print but since you can share all your google files between accounts its not a big deal.

Most Chromebooks have a SSD and the OS is light weight so they're way faster than HD machines.

In my opinion, If you use user accounts, a mid-level Chromebook is the way to go for stealth.

Now if your into tech, you can't survive with just a Chromebook.

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad running Windows 7 and VMware to do everything else with. I only use the host OS to run VMware and PuTTy since I've reinstalled Windows thousands of times in my life time. But VMware makes Windows manageable.

If you only use the Chrome user-accounts to do stealth business, you want it to hold that info... it's not silk road

I've used a lot of OS's Linux, Mac, Windows. Linux (which chromeOS is) is differently the best, then to have a easy to use GUI on top of it.

If you have a iPhone and love it.... Forget every thing I said. I can't help you.

Word of advice... If you do get a Chromebook... Enable Developer Mode and use stable version of ChromeOS (not the beta default) off rip. Other wise you will have to powerwash and lose all your cookies to enter Dev Mode or use the stable version of ChromeOs.

You need to use Dev mode if you want to make iptables kill switches for VPN or use other Linux software or drivers.

nakamuru 09-20-2017 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 872771)
I would recommend a Windows laptop. Their available for cheap if all your doing is running eBay accounts on them, so you wont need high specs.

But more importantly, you won't run into compatibility conundrums... i.e. will Firefox work?, will your label printer work with Chromebook? If not how will you print labels? etc. etc.

Just a little peace of mind.

I'm making only buyer accounts. No label printing.

My selling account has roughly 10k feedback and had it since 2000 (so 17 years?) so preserving this badboy.

MM78 09-20-2017 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nakamuru (Post 872776)
I'm making only buyer accounts. No label printing.

My selling account has roughly 10k feedback and had it since 2000 (so 17 years?) so preserving this badboy.

For Buying accounts should work fine.

nakamuru 09-20-2017 04:09 PM

people are rooting chromebooks to make it windows based.. but as mentioned just using it as buyer account.

Maybe i just get a netbook .. since i won't be able to do vmware on chromebook

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate (Post 872772)
I love my Chromebook. The only issue I've run into is with Printing and shipping. Shipstation solves the shipping issue. You would want to get a printer compatible with Chromebook or you have to use google cloud print, and you can only print off one user account using google cloud print but since you can share all your google files between accounts its not a big deal.

Most Chromebooks have a SSD and the OS is light weight so they're way faster than HD machines.

In my opinion, If you use user accounts, a mid-level Chromebook is the way to go for stealth.

Now if your into tech, you can't survive with just a Chromebook.

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad running Windows 7 and VMware to do everything else with. I only use the host OS to run VMware and PuTTy since I've reinstalled Windows thousands of times in my life time. But VMware makes Windows manageable.

If you only use the Chrome user-accounts to do stealth business, you want it to hold that info... it's not silk road

I've used a lot of OS's Linux, Mac, Windows. Linux (which chromeOS is) is differently the best, then to have a easy to use GUI on top of it.

If you have a iPhone and love it.... Forget every thing I said. I can't help you.

Word of advice... If you do get a Chromebook... Enable Developer Mode and use stable version of ChromeOS (not the beta default) off rip. Other wise you will have to powerwash and lose all your cookies to enter Dev Mode or use the stable version of ChromeOs.

You need to use Dev mode if you want to make iptables kill switches for VPN or use other Linux software.

nate 09-20-2017 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nakamuru (Post 872779)
people are rooting chromebooks to make it windows based..

That should be a 1st degree felony...

nakamuru 09-20-2017 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate (Post 872782)

Your avator seems like you do know thing or two about felony :)

nate 09-20-2017 04:19 PM

$ whoami L-3****

nate 09-20-2017 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nakamuru (Post 872779)
Maybe i just get a netbook .. since i won't be able to do vmware on chromebook

You cant just run VMware on any Windows machine. You need to be able to enable VT-X...

empirestate 09-20-2017 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate (Post 872782)

You should be a felony...
How to clean photos
Best image resizer