Selling the most high risk items on a stealth acct - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-06-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
Default Re: Selling the most high risk items on a stealth acct

This thread actually makes me think: is there a limit on eBay buyer/seller protection? It's easy for eB/PP to intervene for smaller value transactions, but what about transactions for these kinds of large amounts? Anyone know if there's any fine print to their protection for those amounts? Or do they just blindly refund according to their policy even if the amounts start reaching 5 figures +
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-06-2017

Longevity: 63%

Dont know how someone can sell something like this on ebay

WARNING: Link to eBay!!

Last edited by SaiJin; 10-06-2017 at 11:43 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mcnol012 For This Useful Post:
es124 (10-07-2017)
Old 10-07-2017

Longevity: 72%

Don't know the limits, but I strongly suspect if somebody charges back 20K they're going to be using the fine print in the 600 page terms of service to weasel out of any 'seller protection' claims.

It's kind of like the guy who wanted EB to make good his $600 buyer fraud case a few weeks back, they'll do $5-10 as a courtesy, but bigger money they're going to laugh and tell you to go fish. ( which is exacly what they did in spite of the BBB and USPS fraud filing and police report and IC3 stuff everyone suggested ).

The only justice people can obtain in our sad era of corporate greed is the justice they can afford to pay for an attorney to convince a judge to enforce.
Old 10-07-2017

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
Don't know the limits, but I strongly suspect if somebody charges back 20K they're going to be using the fine print in the 600 page terms of service to weasel out of any 'seller protection' claims.

It's kind of like the guy who wanted EB to make good his $600 buyer fraud case a few weeks back, they'll do $5-10 as a courtesy, but bigger money they're going to laugh and tell you to go fish. ( which is exacly what they did in spite of the BBB and USPS fraud filing and police report and IC3 stuff everyone suggested ).

The only justice people can obtain in our sad era of corporate greed is the justice they can afford to pay for an attorney to convince a judge to enforce.
again, I had a $350 courtesy, and I barely had to fight for it at all. I've done $250. $200. $150. Hell, I barely bother if it's not 3 figures. $5-10 is SUPER easy. They won't even flinch. Hell, last week I had an ebay rep give me a $400 credit on some other problem.
Old 10-07-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot29 View Post
so what single transaction amount to paypal would start to get you limited? Over $500? Over $1k?
Sometimes $50 is enough. It is random.
Old 10-07-2017

Longevity: 40%

Quote:

I was doing some research on this and I THINK I saw somewhere that protection only applies up until $2k per transaction. Think this was for PP, not sure how it works for eB, but interesting nonetheless
Old 10-07-2017
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%

They've weaseled their way out of some legitimate claims I had.

The worst was a phone I bought which had actually been locked and unable to be unlocked (DOA). It was a suspected stolen device and I sent proof to paypal, which then told me word for word that it was not their problem if a stolen device is sold. Eventually reported it all the way up to the manager who listened to the recording of the conversation and said the rep would be punished, however best he would offer me is 50% refund.

Never underestimate the TOS of ebay/paypal.
Old 10-07-2017
Executive [VIP]

Ok, that is sad and funny at the same time
Old 10-09-2017

Quote:

Just got two more courtesy refunds last night from two different reps. $150 each. lol what reps are you talking to that are laughing and telling you to go fish?
Old 10-10-2017

You are obviously the KING, man!

Wow! Sounds like you could sell anything to anyone!
Old 10-11-2017

Quote:
You are obviously the KING, man!

Wow! Sounds like you could sell anything to anyone!
I'm not the KING. Nothing about this is abnormal
Old 10-11-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Are you serious? In essence you want help in committing a crime? You want to make everyone who answered you on the thread as well as this forum some kind of Co Defendant,,, yes I said DEFENDANT, because defrauding someone out of that kind of money is a FELONY.

In those amounts Law Enforcement involvement is GUARANTEED Paypals ONLY role will be to fully cooperate with the law.

And please spare us the Bull$h^t, you are planning to rip people off, why else would you need to get your money out fast. IF by some chance this is all on the up-n-up, then why ask for advice here???,,,Why not simply call Ebay and Paypal, express your concerns, and Im POSITIVE that they themselves will be MORE than happy to guide you properly.

It is people like you that this forum exists, if it wasn't for people like you NO ONE would ever get suspended

Last edited by slapped; 10-11-2017 at 08:41 AM.
Old 10-11-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
Are you serious? In essence you want help in committing a crime? You want to make everyone who answered you on the thread as well as this forum some kind of Co Defendant,,, yes I said DEFENDANT, because defrauding someone out of that kind of money is a FELONY.

In those amounts Law Enforcement involvement is GUARANTEED Paypals ONLY role will be to fully cooperate with the law.

And please spare us the Bull$h^t, you are planning to rip people off, why else would you need to get your money out fast. IF by some chance this is all on the up-n-up, then why ask for advice here???,,,Why not simply call Ebay and Paypal, express your concerns, and Im POSITIVE that they themselves will be MORE than happy to guide you properly.

It is people like you that this forum exists, if it wasn't for people like you NO ONE would ever get suspended
Where the hell did ANY OF THAT just come from.
Old 10-11-2017

Longevity: 38%

lol... no clue!
Old 10-11-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
Where the hell did ANY OF THAT just come from.

The OP is asking how to sell a $15,000-$20,000 VERO item, an expensive watch to be specific,,,,if you do not think that there is a possibility that the watch just might be a "China Special" then you are living in a bubble
Old 10-11-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Reality check with slapped is required on the regular
Old 10-11-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
The OP is asking how to sell a $15,000-$20,000 VERO item, an expensive watch to be specific,,,,if you do not think that there is a possibility that the watch just might be a "China Special" then you are living in a bubble
Do I think things are possible? Sure. But you pretty much outright accused the guy of selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗, and decided not to help him because of that. Not even " maybe". You straight up called it all out as BULL****.

In your little bubble, no chance that someone has an expensive watch to sell on ebay, that they know ebay is going to get all upset about and perhaps shut it down while still in the process of being shipped. You know, cause that has NEVER happened to ANY of us before....
The Following User Says Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (10-11-2017)
Old 10-11-2017

I'm probably one of the MOST cynical/skeptical people on here, and I completely overlooked the possibility the OP might be planning on some sort of fraud.

Really, you should give the guy the benefit of the doubt, he may be completely legit and is just be worried about losing his money and wants to pull it out as quickly as possible to prevent that from possibly happening.

Lord knows we've all worried about that over much smaller sums.
The Following User Says Thank You to dallis For This Useful Post:
james13v (10-12-2017)
Old 10-12-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
Do I think things are possible? Sure. But you pretty much outright accused the guy of selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗, and decided not to help him because of that. Not even " maybe". You straight up called it all out as BULL****.

In your little bubble, no chance that someone has an expensive watch to sell on ebay, that they know ebay is going to get all upset about and perhaps shut it down while still in the process of being shipped. You know, cause that has NEVER happened to ANY of us before....

Dude Im NOT living in a bubble at all, Im in the REAL world, If my suspicions are correct EVERYONE who helped him in ANY way by law is considered a Co-conspirator and is subject to punishment, How do I know this?,,,Because I have seen it happen First hand.

Instead I chose to offer advice to everyone on this forum, as for offering the thread starter advice I did I said:

"Why not simply call Ebay and Paypal, express your concerns, and Im POSITIVE that they themselves will be MORE than happy to guide you properly."

that is absolutely the BEST advice that could be given.

Then there is also this forum, In the YEARS that I have been a member here I have learned an awful lot, and the LAST thing that I want to see is something happen to this forum. I have "called out" an awful LOT of unscrupulous "fly by Night" posters to this forum in order to help do my part to maintain some level of honest integrity on the forum.

Now if my methods are little too direct or harsh, let me assure you that my posts on this thread have been EXTREMELY subdued, there is PLENTY of proof of that.
dealagreeproceed (10-13-2017)
Old 10-13-2017

Two posters enter, one poster leaves...
Old 10-13-2017
Banned

Longevity: 65%

if you wana sell expensive ish on eby n cant handle the negative consequences that may occur then sell it in person to someone. that way your in control. no worries.
Old 10-16-2017
Executive [VIP]

Look, any legit item like this should NEVER be sold on a stealth account, besides as others have pointed out you can get a FAR better price in any one of a number of different ways. At the end of the day if the item is legit you and the Paypal account is legit you will NO DOUBT get your money, at levels like this the REAL Law takes over NOT Paypals rules