eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Auctiva plans to start charging for listings (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/11147-auctiva-plans-start-charging-listings.html)

NZT 05-29-2009 03:42 AM

Auctiva plans to start charging for listings

I received an email this morning from Auctiva saying that they plan to start charging for their services with several different packages.

Now I have been using Auctiva for ages and I think its great but I am sure that we will all agree that none of us want to pay an extra fees in addition to what we pay to both ebay and Paypal.

So does anyone have any alternatives to Auctiva? I am considering using Ebay Turbo Lister but I have read on the forum its not a good idea.

What does everyone think?

boondoggle 05-29-2009 06:29 AM

oompaloompa 05-29-2009 06:39 AM

turbolister isnt good if you paln to have multiple accounts as it can link them up.
there isnt a free alternative to auctiva, just other paying options that might suit you more

SaiJin 05-29-2009 08:21 AM

Well, if Auctiva doesn't charge for each sold listing and just monthly, I wouldn't have cared too much...

So turbo lister, even if I only use 2 accounts that links to 1 paypal and when I need to kill those accounts, I can't just delete the entire windows / mac profile and re download Turbo lister for the completely new stealth account?

It'll still link?

lyl797 05-29-2009 09:33 AM

Hay, Vendio will push special offer for Auctiva users, see this Vendable » Blog Archive » Upset over new Auctiva Fees? Coming Soon – Vendio Special Offer

Any one use Vendio before ? Can one Vendio account serves multiple eBay accounts ? I am under the impression that it could ...

lasvegas68 05-29-2009 09:48 AM

I used Vendio before and actually used them when they were Andale. I left them shortly after Vendio took over because the monthly flat rate turned into percentage fees and monthly flat rate. I see that is how Auctiva is doing it also. I am quite disappointed. I would have paid for a flat rate. So, we are on the hunt again for a new auction hoster. Bummer!!!

SevnSins 05-29-2009 09:51 AM

Haven't tried it yet, but this could possibly be an alternative in the near future.

Auction Zealot - Free eBay Listing, Image Hosting & Templates Help - Lister Software, Design Tools & Picture Service

hateebaymorethanyou 05-29-2009 02:19 PM

LOL .. Inkfrog has a MESSAGE on their page to all of us Auctiva members making the switch ... I think it's very kind of them. :)

Welcome all Auctiva members..
My name is Greg Sisung and I am the Founder and President of inkFrog. I want to take a moment and personally welcome all Auctiva members.

First and foremost, I know that changing listing services is a very difficult thing and requires a lot of time. I believe that once you try inkFrog and see what we have to offer you will see that it will be worth your time to make the move. Listing on inkFrog is fast, easy, and was created with the seller in mind! We also put the customer ahead of everything else. (And we are affordable too!).

We are also working on making it easier for you to make the transfer to us. We are creating an Auctiva importer which will import your live, unsold, and sold listings images into our system - and update the URL's on your listings. We hope to have this ready very shortly and should help make the transition easier for you to our system.

I also want to let you know that we will be adding several more clusters to our system to ensure we keep up with the growth of new members. We realize many of the larger sellers on Auctiva will be moving to our services and we will accomodate you with the speed and reliability we have always given our customers! We should have all the new clusters in place by the end of the week.

Once again, I want to thank you for entrusting your business with us. We value our members and strive to provide them with the most affordable and powerful solution on the market. We have always believed in offering a great service for a great price and we have done this since 1999.

If you have any questions, I will be happy to talk with you personally. Just email me at greg@inkfrog.com.

best regards and happy listing,
Greg Sisung
President
inkFrog, inc.
inkFrog - eBay auction management and image hosting, eBay auction templates, shipping insurance

oompaloompa 05-29-2009 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SevnSins (Post 89283)
Haven't tried it yet, but this could possibly be an alternative in the near future.

Auction Zealot - Free eBay Listing, Image Hosting & Templates Help - Lister Software, Design Tools & Picture Service

oh, this looks interesting is it completely free? not much info on home page..

ebaykilla 05-29-2009 02:48 PM

i guess i will start using Mac's Garage sale.

oompaloompa 05-29-2009 02:58 PM

there is another benefit to leaving a lister like auctiva anyway, the new fee rule changes, that are coming in soon, if you are a small seller you only get them thru ebay..

personally I like the security of not loggin in alot

Jonas 05-29-2009 04:59 PM

Auction Zealot looks like a good replacement for listings.

However what I and a lot of people use Auctiva for is Auctiva checkout. We need a free replacement for integrating authorize.net and eBay where eBay doesn't see our authorize.net account or merchant account.

Here We Go Again 05-29-2009 06:45 PM

Auctiva Alternatives Researched & Fees Compared:
Auctiva Alternative Sites & Cost Structures

NZT 05-30-2009 10:59 AM

Auction Zeolot seems to be the only completely free solution. However I did notice some online gripes with people stating that Auction Zeolot stops you listing items that interfere with their religion. hmmm. They mentioned that they dont let you list health crystals and other stuff that I never go near.

It does seem worth a go. I am going to try it and see. Keep an eye on Vendio, also claiming to offer another FREE solution.

Inkfrog looks good, however I am reluctant to pay for an auction management tool. We pay fees to both ebay and Paypal, who wants to pay a third party? Not me, its hard enough to make a profit as it is!

I am sure other options will present themselves.

AuctionSplash 06-08-2009 08:16 AM

Have you considered AuctionSplash? We are getting a lot of new users after Auctiva decided to start charging.

AuctionSplash is a PC based application which is free, offers templates and free picture hosting for eight pictures, all supersize. It has lots of other great features too.

If you're interested you can find out more at http://www.auctionsplash.com

SevnSins 06-08-2009 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonas (Post 89317)
Auction Zealot looks like a good replacement for listings.

However what I and a lot of people use Auctiva for is Auctiva checkout. We need a free replacement for integrating authorize.net and eBay where eBay doesn't see our authorize.net account or merchant account.

Jonas,

Chekout these 2 for checkout abilities.

Kyozou | Powers Your Online Marketplace

Create a free online store. Use Vendio's ecommerce solution to sell on eBay, Amazon & more

:typing:

isitworththestress 10-13-2010 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AuctionSplash (Post 90541)
Have you considered AuctionSplash? We are getting a lot of new users after Auctiva decided to start charging.

AuctionSplash is a PC based application which is free, offers templates and free picture hosting for eight pictures, all supersize. It has lots of other great features too.

If you're interested you can find out more at eBay Software, templates, scheduling, picture hosting for eBay

does it link to ebay using your own IP or through the auctionsplash server?

If it is through the user IP then can you sign out of a user account without signing into another, which would stop it from linking two accounts? As when the user starts up will it go directly to the account the user was signed into last?