eBay Sellers Squeezed with Auctiva's Move from Free to Fee - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-29-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%

Here are the other listing sites I have looked into a bit.
I talked to these sites by phone using my business eBay account as a reference.
This account has 2,000 running listings and pulls 50K - 60K a month and is a titanium powerseller.

ChannelAdvisor - The Leader in Online Channel Management Solutions and Services
This is the 500 pound Gorilla in the yard as far as I can tell....
They have a set fee schedule.
You can list to eBay, Amazon, Buy.com and a online store.
+ Search Engine Optimization
+ Comparison Shopping ~ Shopzilla, Google Product Search, Shopping.com + 70 others
+ Paid Search Program ~ Google, Yahoo, MSN, Ask.com
Cost: $500 + 1% of selling price

VENDIO - Create a free online store. Use Vendio's ecommerce solution to sell on eBay, Amazon & more
They use a slopped fee schedule with a % of the FVF.
But you can talk them into a flat rate.
I was able to talk them into a flat rate for that account of $450.
You can post to eBay & Amazon + a online store.
+ Search Engine Optimization
+ Comparison Shopping ~ Shopzilla, Google Product Search, Shopping.com
The online store has NO fees for anything except for your payment service (Paypal, Google Checkout).
Cost: $10 + 1.95%-1% of selling price

inkFrog - eBay auction management and image hosting, eBay auction templates, shipping insurance
Set fee of $10
You can list to eBay only.
This is basic like Auctive
Ink Frog already has its "Welcome Auctiva Users" banner up.

FREE eBay Auction Management, Auction Templates, Auction Tools, and Unlimited Image Hosting
They use a slopped fee schedule with a % of the FVF.
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...html#post89211
I posted the pricing plan already.
ONLY 1MB of image storage (is this a joke?) after you fill 1MB you are charged.
Posting to eBay only + Auctiva Store.
Cost capped at $250 per month (Except for image storage maybe?)

I am not sure which site I will go with yet.
But I figure if I am going to pay for a service I want that service to do something besides what Auctiva was doing for me....

Last edited by Here We Go Again; 06-06-2009 at 01:15 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Here We Go Again For This Useful Post:
lasvegas68 (05-31-2009), oompaloompa (05-30-2009)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-30-2009

Longevity: 88%

One thing of Vendio I just verified with their supporting team.
You can use one Vendio account to manage multiple eBay accounts
Which knock down the $10 fee to just one Vendio account only ..

Consider many people here could have more than 1 eBay accounts, this might be a good advantage to consider ..
The Following User Says Thank You to lyl797 For This Useful Post:
oompaloompa (05-30-2009)
Old 05-30-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyl797 View Post
One thing of Vendio I just verified with their supporting team.
You can use one Vendio account to manage multiple eBay accounts
Which knock down the $10 fee to just one Vendio account only ..

Consider many people here could have more than 1 eBay accounts, this might be a good advantage to consider ..
one vendio $10 pm for multiple accounts? sounds good, only thing is multiple users sometimes like to play it safe and even log in to auctiva on seperate ips, with one vendio its like putting all your chips on the table.. still worth considering
Old 05-30-2009

Longevity: 92%

Was just reading the welcome auctiva members blog..They are developing a tool to import all of your listings from Auctiva..That would be good for people like me that have about 5 accounts with 2000 items on each.
Old 05-30-2009

Longevity: 98%

Once again... are there any free sites that can connect to eBay checkout to do unlinked payments from eBay to authorize.net?
Old 05-30-2009

They have a calculator up. Based on one of my accounts, it will cost $60 just to use the service. I have 3 accounts. And this doen't include fvf. I already signed up with Ink Frog. I just need to figure out if I can add all my accounts and be ok. Having miultiple paypal accounts is allowed. But, does anyone know if this safe?
Old 05-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchup View Post
questions for those of you who use auctivia: how is inkfrog? Can you use it with multiple accounts? Is it similar to auctiva in avoiding linking?
You can have multiple accounts and even multiple PP accounts. Just not sure about the linking yet. Someone did ask on the forum. But, I haven't checked to see if there was an answer yet.
Old 05-31-2009

Longevity: 89%

Auctiva are stupid. Ads on their site would be the best way to make money as someone said.

The picture hosting is nice but there are 100 other places I can do that. A pain to move it all but oh well.

The main reason I used auctiva is for the scheduled listing of items. They are going to start charging right after ebay makes seller manager pro free which I can schedule with.

GOOOOOO FIGURE
Old 05-31-2009

Also I have to say Auctiva's 1MB of free hosting before they charge you extra is one of the most insanely laughable things I have seen in a long long time.

1MB???!!!
Old 05-31-2009

Longevity: 86%

Another site worth mentioning here is TemplateMate especially for Australian eBayers.

We are fully integrated with eBay Australia (as well as US and UK) and our plans start at just $3.95 AUD a month.

Definitely worth a look!
Old 05-31-2009
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemplateMate View Post
Another site worth mentioning here is TemplateMate especially for Australian eBayers.

We are fully integrated with eBay Australia (as well as US and UK) and our plans start at just $3.95 AUD a month.

Definitely worth a look!
Lol who pays for templates when there are already thousands for free!
Old 05-31-2009

TemplateMate, what you need is integration to authorize.net.

I've looked and so far... Auctiva gouges on fees (soon will) and Vendio is priced very similarly and even has FVFs. Then there's eMarketConnect Pricing that gouges even more.

Then there's 8 sites that are the really shady, unfriendly kind that refuse to give prices and tell you to contact them for a quote.

That's all there is.

I know lots of people are recommending inkfrog for just listing stuff but as of now it's forums are broken, registration won't work--saying an administrator disabled them. It's website is also broken, registration mimicks working but then login to accounts doesn't work. So their site is totally broken for anyone trying to join.

Basically all these integration sites charge fees so high it's cheaper to just use CCNOW.

Last edited by Jonas; 05-31-2009 at 03:06 AM.
Old 05-31-2009

Hi, NotGoodEnuff

you mentioned InkFrog allow one account to handle multiple eBay IDs (accounts), Does Inkfrog charge you any extra to put more than 1 eBay account into one Inkfrog account ?
Old 06-01-2009

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyda View Post
I use dial up for my Stealth accounts,so now I will either have to pay up or list on slow dial up if I don't want to get linked. And your photos could not be linked with Auctiva..Now, even if I go with dial up listings, there is danger Ebay can get me linked by photos? Any other solutions?
try any free image hosting - aka myspace flicker andthing will do for flix and I use HIGH SPEED USB MOBILE DEVICE for my stealth its $50 bucks a month but all you have to do is pop it out and plug it back in and you get a new IP automagically!!!

its just as fast as cable or DSL - but only has a 5K per month limit so becarfull you dont go over!!!

just ask your cellphone provider about them - they are designed for laptop use but they work with any PC
Old 06-01-2009

Thanks, I pay les tha $10 for dial up with AOL and am not limited. Maybe it would be even more cost effective for me to pay Auctiva, and have things I am used to and still less than $30 a month. Hmm, but thanks anyway Eseller!
Old 06-01-2009

Save money.
It'll do ya good.
That's my motto.
Old 06-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyl797 View Post
Hi, NotGoodEnuff

you mentioned InkFrog allow one account to handle multiple eBay IDs (accounts), Does Inkfrog charge you any extra to put more than 1 eBay account into one Inkfrog account ?
No. You are able to have an unlimited amount - no additional $$. I just move my legit account there and added another. But, I guess the pictures have the same url (?). So, I haven't moved my stealth account yet.
Old 06-01-2009

Longevity: 93%
Default Vendio Makes Platform Free for Auctiva's eBay Sellers

Vendio is making a special offer to users of its rival, Auctiva, which will begin charging for its eBay listing tools beginning in July. Vendio spokesperson Crystal Wells-Miller said the Vendio Platform, which normally costs $10/month plus commission fees, will be completely free for Auctiva users through the end of the year, and will cost $10/month with no commission fees for the full year, 2010. The Vendio platform allows sellers unlimited listings on eBay and Amazon and also includes the company's Vendio Store offering, which is currently free for all users. The offer includes 2 GB of images (and unlimited free images for Vendio Store), templates and scheduling.

Auctiva announced last week that it was moving from a free model to a pay model in large part, it said, because of changes eBay was making. Auctiva had been able to provide free tools to sellers for the past 4 years because it had earned almost half of its revenue through the eBay affiliate program.

Auctiva sellers are mulling over their options of whether to stay with the company and pay fees, or switch to another inventory management service. Autiva is hosting webinars to discuss the changes.

Wells-Miller said she anticipates Vendio will publish this special offer as early as June 1st.

Create a free online store. Use Vendio's ecommerce solution to sell on eBay, Amazon & more
Vendio Makes Platform Free for Auctiva's eBay Sellers
Old 06-02-2009

I talked with Vendio and they won't have a signup link or any way to signup for the plan ready for at least a week.
Old 06-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by beus View Post
Vendio is making a special offer to users of its rival, Auctiva, which will begin charging for its eBay listing tools beginning in July. .................................................. ................................................

Auctiva sellers are mulling over their options of whether to stay with the company and pay fees, or switch to another inventory management service. Autiva is hosting webinars to discuss the changes.

Wells-Miller said she anticipates Vendio will publish this special offer as early as June 1st.

Create a free online store. Use Vendio's ecommerce solution to sell on eBay, Amazon & more
Vendio Makes Platform Free for Auctiva's eBay Sellers
Is Vendio as safe as Auctiva? Do they share personal info with Ebay and do they protect your images like Auctiva does. I kinda believe there is more to it than just changes in affiliate programs between the two... Ebay also knows about Cartmanager and people use Google Checkout...A lot of Stealth accounts including few of mine were using Auctiva, so Ebay might be after all Stealth accounts too.. Well, it's a cat and mouse game and it goes on...Vendio made their move and someone else will make another "auctiva" for all of the ex-auctivans soon...It's all business.
Old 06-03-2009

Lyda, well stealth accounts could still fund auctiva with prepaid CC or paypal. But, auctiva went from free to extreme gouging while it tried to present the gouging like it thought it was doing everyone a favor.
Old 06-03-2009
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%

Vendio finally posted their Welcome All Auctiva Users offer...

Vendio Pricing | Auctiva Alternative.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TGMT² For This Useful Post:
ebaykilla (06-03-2009), SevnSins (06-04-2009)