eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   When you open a new ebay seller account do they do a credit check? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/111541-when-you-open-new-ebay-seller-account-do-they-do-credit-check.html)

bonedaddy101 10-20-2017 08:14 AM

When you open a new ebay seller account do they do a credit check?

do they do a credit check and can see previous addresses etc?

SaiJin 10-20-2017 09:07 AM

Re: When you open a new ebay seller account do they do a credit check?

No, they dont.

their bots simply check if there are similarities with other accounts, specially suspended accounts in the past.

What are you trying to do?

JamesNorth101 10-20-2017 09:25 AM

They do not no

empirestate 10-20-2017 09:40 AM

They need social if they do a credit check. So far the only way you would provide social is when you apply for PP credit...
How to clean photos
Best image resizer

bonedaddy101 10-20-2017 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 878943)
No, they dont.

their bots simply check if there are similarities with other accounts, specially suspended accounts in the past.

What are you trying to do?

My old account that was restricted was in my real details but not everything was accurate don't think I was even 18 at the time. It was just a personal account wasn't an active seller I hadn't sold more then a £1000 and never verified details to ebay like passport etc

I'm just thinking if I make a new account as I have new addressee and ip now. how would they detect me? and if they asked for details I could send them passport and driving licence as wouldn't be linked to my old as all details

kaizenkleaning 10-24-2017 05:43 PM

No, they do not.

SaiJin 10-25-2017 12:40 PM

Since you have new info, I'd HIGHLY recommend you making the accounts now.

Then just followe the stealth guide and ask us for little more details.

Don't worry about the doc request until they do. And we'll deal with it.

Jamesnorth our other moderator is also in UK and he can help in this if you tag him in this thread.

bonedaddy101 10-25-2017 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 879905)
Since you have new info, I'd HIGHLY recommend you making the accounts now.

Then just followe the stealth guide and ask us for little more details.

Don't worry about the doc request until they do. And we'll deal with it.

Jamesnorth our other moderator is also in UK and he can help in this if you tag him in this thread.

#Jamesnorth yes this guy sold me my stealth very helpful.

My problem is when I was a stealth virgin and was suspended from ebay I tried to make a new papal and ebay and I got a email from ebay saying they suspected I was linked to another account and I had 3 options I could either say I don't know why this is, or I know why this is but can explain and cant remember the last one.

I just left the account and never logged in although I can still use to buy haven't sighed into it for a good year.

Now my problem is if I use that same paypal (btw am not banned from paypal and never have been) they will know its me. if I create a new paypal I will be breaking the paypal rules and may have my account limited as when my account first got suspended I had a personal account and when I made a new account I used business account and paypal says you are only aloud one of each.

Thanks for your help and on going support don't know where I would be without this forum.

Thanks

SaiJin 10-25-2017 01:55 PM

So if you are using that paypal for something else and it's going well, go for it.
But definitely not on eBay.
I like to have a peace of mind for a tiny bit of inconvenience in the start then make is huge in the end.

I think you should send Jamesnorth a PM about this, refer him to this thread with our conversation. Then discuss it in private with him.

The good thing is now you have the stealth guide. So you are in the right spot to do something.

JohnWall 10-25-2017 02:05 PM

eBay UK 100% do a "soft" credit check to determine you selling limits when opening an account. It does not have any implications on your credit score neither does your credit score have any implications on what selling limits you get, all they want to know is you are who you say you are.

Don't believe me? Then open a seller account using stealth methods using the details of someone who doesn't have an eBay account already (but is on the electoral roll and has lived at their address for some time) then open an account using made up personal details to a real address.

The kind of checks they do is more of an electoral roll search (similar to what estate agents do when you apply to rent a house) rather than a financial one.

bonedaddy101 10-25-2017 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnWall (Post 879928)
eBay UK 100% do a "soft" credit check to determine you selling limits when opening an account. It does not have any implications on your credit score neither does your credit score have any implications on what selling limits you get, all they want to know is you are who you say you are.

Don't believe me? Then open a seller account using stealth methods using the details of someone who doesn't have an eBay account already (but is on the electoral roll and has lived at their address for some time) then open an account using made up personal details to a real address.

The kind of checks they do is more of an electoral roll search (similar to what estate agents do when you apply to rent a house) rather than a financial one.

so therefore they could see my past addressee and see that I was banned from ebay?!

JohnWall 10-25-2017 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonedaddy101 (Post 879929)
so therefore they could see my past addressee and see that I was banned from ebay?!

No I wouldn't be worried about eBay linking you I'd be more worried about PayPal when you have to submit (presumably) the same photo ID

bonedaddy101 10-25-2017 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnWall (Post 879931)
No I wouldn't be worried about eBay linking you I'd be more worried about PayPal when you have to submit (presumably) the same photo ID

that's the thing I never sold so much that I needed to send documents so they don't have documents for the banned account anyway.

its just what to do about the paypal open a new one and hope they don't close for multiple accounts? or close old paypal and make new paypal straight away.

do paypal and ebay still share data?

JohnWall 10-25-2017 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonedaddy101 (Post 879935)
that's the thing I never sold so much that I needed to send documents so they don't have documents for the banned account anyway.

its just what to do about the paypal open a new one and hope they don't close for multiple accounts? or close old paypal and make new paypal straight away.

do paypal and ebay still share data?

I'd treat it as if you was banned on PayPal too. Although they now say they're seperate companies they will still share info and you don't want anything linking the two