eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   eBay new October rules - contact info removed (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/111591-ebay-new-october-rules-contact-info-removed.html)

NZT 10-22-2017 04:01 AM

eBay new October rules - contact info removed

New rules for October 2017 - (UK)

All contact information to be removed from listings, this includes any contact details in logos.

My question is is there a way to allow buyers to contact you off eBay without breaking the new rules?

If you share contact info by eBay messages you get bounced.

They are trying to keep everything tightly confined to eBay only.

nickopedia 10-22-2017 04:09 AM

Re: eBay new October rules - contact info removed

eBay is under financial pressure to keep more sales on platform for the simple fact they have had several quarters of lackluster earnings. Aside from maybe including a card with your contact details within each other or sending them an email, anything you do that potentially breaks the rules on site as EB sees it might cause problems. Clearly they have been scanning messages for any hint of off-eBay transactions, and are known for being quite strict about it.

cohiba72 10-22-2017 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NZT (Post 879262)
New rules for October 2017 - (UK)

All contact information to be removed from listings, this includes any contact details in logos.

My question is is there a way to allow buyers to contact you off eBay without breaking the new rules?

If you share contact info by eBay messages you get bounced.

They are trying to keep everything tightly confined to eBay only.

write your email address and contact infor on word and screenshot ,attach and send it to your buyer in ebay message

ebaystealth1974 10-22-2017 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickopedia (Post 879265)
Clearly they have been scanning messages for any hint of off-eBay transactions, and are known for being quite strict about it.

Yeah, I was reading their update a while back and they mentioned charging final value fees JUST FOR MENTIONING an outside sale! hahaha

:doh:

Play 10-22-2017 11:45 AM

Post transaction you will have access to the buyers email address. You can send your contact details.

You can also include your contact details on a business card along with each item you post out.

I wouldn't risk giving out (or even inferring) any trade outside ebay as there are lots of reports of suspensions as of recent due to this violation.

paypalpains 10-23-2017 05:05 PM

People are even getting message sending bans

SaiJin 10-24-2017 01:41 AM

I think the safest way is to let customers just buy the first stuff on eBay, then after that the 2nd orders they can buy direct from you.

I would be nervous to try to do a sale outside of eBay because they have been banning people for a ferw months now even innocent messages.

So once you made the sale, send them a direct email that gives them incentive to buy from you.