Can someone elaborate on "spreading sales across multiple accounts". - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-31-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
Default Can someone elaborate on "spreading sales across multiple accounts".

On eBay, I want to spread sales across multiple accounts to stay under the radar. My question, is do I create multiple PayPal accounts as well? Should all of the accounts share the same exact info? I'm using a dedicated VPN to run my accounts. Would it be safer to buy another one, and spread sales across two completely separate accounts with different info? Any answers would be of help, thanks in advance!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-31-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 18%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Can someone elaborate on "spreading sales across multiple accounts".

Yes you do. One paypal per ebay account.
All the accounts should have completely DIFFERENT info or they will get linked.
Each account should have a SEPERATE IP address solution or they will get linked.
Always think about factors that could get your accounts linked. Address can do it, IP address can do it, any number of factors can do it.
Old 10-31-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Can someone elaborate on "spreading sales across multiple accounts".

You never want to have ANY shared details between multiple accounts because that can cause your accounts to all be linked and shut down.

Selling on multiple accounts is about redundancy. The goal is to keep selling with minimal disruption if you ever lose an account.

All of your accounts should be totally unique and they should be kept isolated.
Old 10-31-2017

Longevity: 39%

I recenly created two ebay accounts on the same name, one is on US platform, and other one is on UK platform. With the same paypal. It is not exactly a stealth account, it is on my mom's name. But I use a separate windows user, no cookies and flash cookies. Different sim card(in that situation it is cheaper and easier than VPN and safer as well).

Ebay and paypal allow 2 ebay accounts link to 1 paypal. Paypal allows 2 accounts. But in my situation I want more sales, the accounts are new and have 10 items selling limit. But if you already have a lot of sales and want to avoid problems, then yes, I would create another stealth account undoubtedly!

But there is one big disadvantage. Spreasing out all the sales through multiple accounts means you have more expenses. Ebay anchor store has insertion fee of $0.03 instead of $0.6 compared to non-store sellers. For some platforms there is even no insertion fees for anchor stores!

So maybe it is good to sell for a few month on one account then pause it for a while? Then start again? But it may not work. Ebay may decrease your selling limits. ALso, they may suspend your account if there were no sales and then sudenly you have a lot of sales. Even in the past there used to be a lot of sales. The other option can be just use one account and try sell as much as you can, even you know they will suspend it permanently. But you consider it as business expense.
Old 10-31-2017
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,551 Times in 2,204 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyde101 View Post
On eBay, I want to spread sales across multiple accounts to stay under the radar. My question, is do I create multiple PayPal accounts as well? Should all of the accounts share the same exact info? I'm using a dedicated VPN to run my accounts. Would it be safer to buy another one, and spread sales across two completely separate accounts with different info? Any answers would be of help, thanks in advance!

YOu'd want to always have a pair of pp and ebay together.

I see you have the stealth guide already so don't deviate from it.,

Think about it like this... each account is 1 person. Can 2 people have the same personal info / dna? No right? I know it can feel a little inconvenient at times, but if you have the mindset of:

1 account = 1 individual

You are good.
Old 10-31-2017

Longevity: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
YOu'd want to always have a pair of pp and ebay together.

I see you have the stealth guide already so don't deviate from it.,

Think about it like this... each account is 1 person. Can 2 people have the same personal info / dna? No right? I know it can feel a little inconvenient at times, but if you have the mindset of:

1 account = 1 individual

You are good.
There is a lot of conflicting info about this so I called in once and got it straight from a eBay rep. This was more than a year ago so policy may have changed since then, but AFAIK this is still valid.

1. You ARE allowed to have two eBay accounts on Paypal. You can have more than two if you really want.

2. However, if you sell on multiple accounts, you can not use them in any way that can be construed as trying to get around eBay policy. For example. If you have a category listing limit of 10 items, and you list 10 items in the same category in one account and try to list in the same category in another account, that will get you banned for trying to get around selling limits. If you buy something from one account that another account is selling, that will get you banned for feedback manipulation, etc. But if you sell jewelry in one account and auto parts in another accounts, that will be allowed.

However, if you have mulitple eBay accounts, the correct thing to do in the long run is to set them up as separate stealth accounts, for various reasons.

Policy overview
There are many reasons why users would choose to have more than one eBay account. For example, users who like to buy and sell may want separate accounts for each activity. Other users who maintain businesses on eBay may prefer to manage separate accounts for different product lines.

Whether you have one account or more, eBay expects users to manage each of their accounts effectively in order to meet the highest buyer and seller standards. These standards and rules regarding performance, risk, and best practices are applicable for each account and help ensure a safe and positive experience on eBay.

Users are expected to resolve issues as they arise, and follow the steps provided by eBay to bring accounts back into good standing before continuing to buy or sell with other accounts. Learn more about how to increase limits on your account.

Make sure you follow these guidelines. If you don’t, you may be subject to a range of actions, including limits of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.

What are the guidelines?

[​IMG]

Allowed

Users may have multiple accounts on eBay. We understand that there are various reasons why someone would choose to have more than one account.

[​IMG]

Not allowed

Registering new accounts or using other existing accounts to avoid buying and selling restrictions or limits or other policy consequences.

https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies...-accounts.html
Old 10-31-2017

Longevity: 73%

Everybody here has given you good advice.

1 PP per EB. No duplicate info.

Anything else is bad for a bunch of reasons none of us have time to argue over.

You can take our word for it, you can research these reasons using the 'search' function, or you can ignore the advice and go forth boldly to do whatever it is you want to do and take the inevitable monetary and time loss when they steamroller you.

Your choice.