Need advice, Customs bought an item from me - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-14-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Need advice, Customs bought an item from me

agreed, buy it legit quick and send

Old 12-15-2017

Longevity: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
Big name sellers get a free ride in many cases.

Remember the reports how the EB CSR's all had a printed sign next to their phone that said 'no touchee Jack Ma'?

Remember Geoffrey the Giraffe a few years back? People were using screen shots to document how lots of negative feedback were wiped out periodically on their account.

big sellers don't have a special treatment as many tend to think.

Okay, why don't you show us your data to prove this

Let me give the example I based my judgement on. In Sep/2017 Markmonitor reported dozens of listings for iPhone cables. As I was a seller in that category, I documented everyone that was making good selling (saved listing number, usernames...etc). Markmonitor reported most of the sellers and 2 of these were big sellers (500,000+ feedbacks) and their listings got pulled down as everyone else.

Ebay has always suspended big sellers in the past. A few days ago someone here posted about his account from the 90s being suspended even though he had like thousands of listings, but kept getting veroed because of image copyright issues.

I think when you become a seller who's moving weight (200,000+ in sales monthly), you will be assigned an account manager that will help you avoid getting booted by paying attention to all the details one could overlook.

If I have an account manager myself, I don't see how am I going to **** an account up. I mean my sole job would be processing orders.
Old 12-15-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

FFS, this obsession with Apple cables.

Even high end sellers get taken down.

There is no golden goose that gives free passage.

Earn the right to sell or be taken down again,again and again.

It is that simple.

newjerseymax (12-15-2017), phaz0rz (12-15-2017)
Old 12-15-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Hate to say it but I agree with GB. Just let it die.

Ebay's "top seller account manager" program was replaced by concierge in 2016. Concierge does the same thing but that's besides the point.

It's a known fact (to me, at least) that the more revenue an account generates for eBay, the more slack they are given in terms of metrics/suspensions/restrictions. eBay loves huge accounts that know how to handle customer service because they make eBay tons of money without eBay having to step in and help with customers all the time.

Tons of sales + no CS intervention from eBay = a strong account that eBay doesn't want to kick off the site.

You need to focus your time on slowly sourcing a warehouse full of cheap, quick-flip type items. You could make a huge account for yourself in less than 2 years.

BTW "corporate" eBay accounts (can't remember the actual name of them right now- stores like Best Buy, Tiger Direct, etc..) are treated way differently but I don't think that's what we're talking about.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (12-15-2017)
Old 12-15-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,933 Times in 8,224 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

on theories...
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
newjerseymax (12-15-2017)
Old 12-15-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingupwards View Post
Let me give the example I based my judgement on. In Sep/2017 Markmonitor reported dozens of listings for iPhone cables. As I was a seller in that category, I documented everyone that was making good selling (saved listing number, usernames...etc). Markmonitor reported most of the sellers and 2 of these were big sellers (500,000+ feedbacks) and their listings got pulled down as everyone else.

Ebay has always suspended big sellers in the past. A few days ago someone here posted about his account from the 90s being suspended even though he had like thousands of listings, but kept getting veroed because of image copyright issues.

I think when you become a seller who's moving weight (200,000+ in sales monthly), you will be assigned an account manager that will help you avoid getting booted by paying attention to all the details one could overlook.

If I have an account manager myself, I don't see how am I going to **** an account up. I mean my sole job would be processing orders.
No offense, but dude let it go. Every other thread has your post about these cables. I don't even know you and fully aware of your situation.

Meditation maybe?
GreenBean (12-15-2017), phaz0rz (12-15-2017)
Old 12-15-2017

Longevity: 73%

If I have an account manager...my sole job would be processing orders.

Seriously?

This clueless comment is the root of most of your problems.

And the cable thing... again... I just want to gag when you bring this up! :(
Old 12-15-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Yeah man.....how about them iphone charging cables, yeah boy.
Old 12-15-2017
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:

Seriously?

This clueless comment is the root of most of your problems.
I'm not defending OP's selling practices, but that legitimately is how the Top Seller Account Manager program worked. Only the highest of the high volume sellers were invited in and they all got their own dedicated account manager who looked after their account for them (respond to messages, cases, claims, etc). The idea being that those sellers process such an insane volume, they don't have time to properly maintain their accounts and still get orders out on time.

I talk about it in the past-tense since eBay says the program was replaced by Concierge. I'm sure there are some mega-sellers who were grandfathered in and still have their dedicated account manager. In the current incarnation of the program (Concierge) sellers who are invited get direct access to US-based customer service any time. With concierge eBay employees don't directly manage a seller's account. But a seller in Concierge has a lot of power over things like getting feedback removed or wiping out a few defects to maintain metrics, because the US-based reps bend over backwards to help. It's a totally different ballgame than dealing with the usual Filipino reps.
Old 12-15-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

I have had the account manager and then switched to concierge about 18 months ago. Basically it was still same until 'ebay open' in Las Vegas and everyone that went got invited. After that they started inviting just about everyone and the customer service went downhill quick.

With account Manager I was just about able to get any feedback removed and just about every case won in my favor if it was a legit reason. All gone now with crappy concierge service. Only good thing is you can get it done online without having to call in.

This week was first time ever I didn't get a response to my message to concierge . Usually it was handled within hours and was on first name basis. EB ruined another good thing. It was quite a advantage.
dealagreeproceed (12-30-2017), phaz0rz (12-16-2017)
Old 12-16-2017
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 54%

Concierge service is great which really changed eBay, I am the member for this, it's not actually account manager in uk but it has team of very good reps who really listen to you and always on your side does not matter even if you wrong they will still on your side and ability to do many things, even if the right owner make complaint for removal of item they contact you first as ask to change the listing and even if they do need to end the item they says this will not goes against account,
Most of cases they simply transfer to backend team who actually removal listing called policy expert and you can talk to them directly where normal eBay rep says this team is online!!!

Even of you move from top rated to above standard they put your account back to top rated manually!!!

To be honest can't get batter service then this, I asked them how many eBay account is part of this they said around 700 in uk
Old 12-29-2017

Longevity: 36%

I have recently found many sellers who have currently ~400 VERO branded items and judging from their listings, there's more than a good chance they're are not authentic items. These sellers also have anywhere between 2k-5k feedbacks. What I don't understand is how these guys are getting away.

So would you guys say that certain categories are more riskier than others? Obviously what they do is wrong, but I would still like some feedback.

Last edited by Yasav; 12-29-2017 at 12:55 AM.
Old 12-29-2017

Anyone who is willing to let EB do everything for them and who wants their only function to be 'processing orders' deserves what he/she gets.
Old 12-29-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

Anyone who is willing to let EB do everything for them and who wants their only function to be 'processing orders' deserves what he/she gets.
I agree with that.

Any seller pushing out hundreds or thousands of orders daily should have a full-time staff helping them stay on top of things - not a poorly paid eBay rep.
Old 12-29-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Lol, so the OP did a one and done back on 12/05/17. I think they lost interest in the thread. But its like it thrives on for the shear entertainment.

BTW, do yall think it is ok to sell Apple cables?

Old 12-29-2017

Longevity: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin View Post
Lol, so the OP did a one and done back on 12/05/17. I think they lost interest in the thread. But its like it thrives on for the shear entertainment.

BTW, do yall think it is ok to sell Apple cables?

I think if he sells via the title like "Replacement Charging Cable for Apple" then it should be fine. Nothing wrong with selling generic replacement items. He wouldn't be claiming that it's an Apple cable and he would just use the word Apple for fitment purpose only. I am not a pro, but I doubt there's anything wrong with such titles/listings.
Old 12-29-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Sorry, I was being sarcastic. Sometimes I forget it is hard to pick up on via text.
Old 12-29-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,933 Times in 8,224 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasav View Post
So would you guys say that certain categories are more riskier than others? Obviously what they do is wrong, but I would still like some feedback.
You want feedback so you can do similar sales?

Version 2.0 hah
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (12-30-2017)
Old 12-29-2017

The cable guy used the word 'Apple' and got in trouble, as he's cried about so many times our ears are starting to bleed...

As far as amusement is concerned, this thread beats puppies for amusement... but not by much.
Old 12-30-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
You want feedback so you can do similar sales?

Version 2.0 hah
Is this spoon feeding?