Is this a good plan? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-11-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Default Is this a good plan?

I sold iPhone cables on my main account (Had only 1 listing) and it got reported by Markmonitor (I am dead sure it got reported only because I used stock images off Apple.com as all other sellers survived and they use no photos from Apple.com). It has been almost 3 months now.

I am going to create an account with my brother's name (new IP, new cookies, new user account, new address...etc).

There is a little chance though that this account might get linked to mine because my brother had a personal account with Ebay before and he used to ship some of the stuff he bought to my address. And I also shipped my returns to his address (bought return labels through Ebay with my brother's address on them).

So the only linkage factor for those 2 accounts is the back-and-forth shipping between the 2 addresses.

I want to relist the iPhone cables using my brother's new business account and I am 10000% sure this time that the listing won't get reported by Markmonitor or even Apple itself (I won't use the word Apple in the title and no pictures off Apple.com). I contacted a seller on Ebay.de, he got his listings for Apple cords for more than a year now and he confirmed that Markmonitor roams the market for listings that are using stock images of Apple and notify Ebay about these.

My question is, in case Ebay linked the new account to my old account (not linking to my person, rather that the 2 accounts holders know each others). Will Ebay kick both of us out? Or you think they will just pull the listing down?

When Ebay takes down a listing upon a Vero report from the rights holder, will the listing be taken down again (upon relisting) by Ebay itself? Or does Ebay take down only when they receive a Vero notice from the company that filed the original report?

I read a lot about people relisting after getting veroed down and sometimes things went smoothly! In my case the relisting will take place under a new account (new person).

P.S: The cables will be relisted as generic cables and it will be made clear in the description as well as item specifics by what company were the cables manufactured (the name of the Chinese company will be set as the "Brand" and no usage of the brand "Apple" will take place in the titling).

Last edited by walkingupwards; 12-11-2017 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Made the post shorter and thus more readable.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-12-2017
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Is this a good plan?

Anyone guys? Nobody has had a similar encounter with Ebay?
Old 12-12-2017

Longevity: 45%

you can create acc on your real name, just make sure all details are different, even your age
Old 12-12-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 50%

Dont use your brothers details. You got the stealth guide?
Old 12-12-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimera View Post
Dont use your brothers details. You got the stealth guide?

Yes I got it. The reason I want to use my brother's information is because of the MC121 notice. Ebay.de will hit a new account with this in order for them get ID documents from the account holder. So upon requesting this I could send them my brother's ID and get the account unlocked again.

The only way around the MC121 is by getting creative and sending ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ID documents (which I can't do because I am not a permanent resident in Germany and in case things go south I could get my ass deported).
Old 12-12-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingupwards View Post

The only way around the MC121 is by getting creative and sending ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ID documents (which I can't do because I am not a permanent resident in Germany and in case things go south I could get my ass deported).
Creativity is required with all stealth at some point.

Why would you attract the attention of authorities? So long as you pay any Tax and VAT applicable to your business activity.

Or is this a .de thing?
Old 12-12-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Anyone guys? Nobody has had a similar encounter with Ebay?
Why so demanding?

And such a long post - keep it short and simple.
Old 12-12-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

My question is, in case Ebay linked the new account to my old account (not linking to my person, rather that the 2 accounts holders know each others). Will Ebay kick both of us out? Or you think they will just pull the listing down?
Very hard to say 100% sure - both accounts could be axed or they may just pull listings downs - only time will tell - or someone who WORKS for eB...
Old 12-12-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Creativity is required with all stealth at some point.

Why would you attract the attention of authorities? So long as you pay any Tax and VAT applicable to your business activity.

Or is this a .de thing?

At the bottom of an Ebay.de listing one could find something called "Legal information" which contains your name, address and tax number.

If these information are ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and the sales volume is big enough for the tax authority to get interested, then the tax office will try to contact that ⊗⊗⊗⊗ person by sending him/her a mail asking questions about taxation. The mail will not be delivered as the info is false and the person does not exist, which will probably trigger an investigation by the tax office. They will get in touch with Ebay and get what documents that person has provided to Ebay and then it will get even messier.

So sending ⊗⊗⊗⊗ IDs could solve the problem with Ebay, but I am afraid it could bring so much trouble later.

This is why I want to use my brother's name,address...etc
Old 12-12-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Very hard to say 100% sure - both accounts could be axed or they may just pull listings downs - only time will tell - or someone who WORKS for eB...

Is linkage about linking an account to the person who got suspended? Or is linkage about linking accounts for people who know each others as well?
Old 12-12-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
At the bottom of an Ebay.de listing one could find something called "Legal information" which contains your name, address and tax number.

If these information are ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and the sales volume is big enough for the tax authority to get interested, then the tax office will try to contact that ⊗⊗⊗⊗ person by sending him/her a mail asking questions about taxation. The mail will not be delivered as the info is false and the person does not exist, which will probably trigger an investigation by the tax office. They will get in touch with Ebay and get what documents that person has provided to Ebay and then it will get even messier.

So sending ⊗⊗⊗⊗ IDs could solve the problem with Ebay, but I am afraid it could bring so much trouble later.

This is why I want to use my brother's name,address...etc

Split sales across multiple stealth accounts then.

Using your brothers details is still an awful idea.
Old 12-12-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Split sales across multiple stealth accounts then.

Using your brothers details is still an awful idea.
My brother is 50+ years old and he will never ever use Ebay as a seller.
Old 12-12-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
My brother is 50+ years old and he will never ever use Ebay as a seller.
You said yourself your concerned about the Tax Office looking into the account...happy to get your brother involved?

No one is going to say using a family or friends details is a good idea...because it never is.
Old 12-12-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
You said yourself your concerned about the Tax Office looking into the account...happy to get your brother involved?

No one is going to say using a family or friends details is a good idea...because it never is.

I think you misunderstood me a little bit. I in no way want to dodge taxes or anything like that at all. I am worried about the following:

If I sign up with a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and send ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ID documents, the account will be registered by a person who does not exist. If the tax authority roams the Ebay market and see that this virtual person has never paid taxes, they will be interested in knowing who's behind that account. If this scenario happens I will be in a big trouble and might get charged with identity fraud.

When I register the new account with my brother's name, we will file for taxes with my brother name (which is real) and thus no problem will occur at all.

The sales on the new account will definitely be more than 50k a year and I don't want to tie that sales volume to a virtual person that does not exist! I just think it's a gateway to lots of problems.

Btw, finding a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address that you can receive your mail at is virtually impossible in Germany. This whole concept of dead drops does not really exist here because rural areas where you can find an abandoned house are really hard to find. It seems pretty easy in the US for example to just hook up your name (or a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name) to a dead drop (e.g: a house for sale) and then get your mail at that location. It does not work this way in Germany.

LoL, if you have been to Germany you would instantly notice the countless old women who are staring out of their windows all the time waiting for anyone to commit a suspicious act so that they can call the police on you.
Old 12-12-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Is linkage about linking an account to the person who got suspended? Or is linkage about linking accounts for people who know each others as well?
To the account that got suspended resulting in a POSSIBILITY of being suspended again at any time
Old 12-13-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Oh no i wasnt suggesting an attempt to tax dodge, more that getting someone else involved with tax implications may not be a good idea.

Please dont take this the wrong way, but you seem to have made your mind up in terms of how you want to proceed. Just maybe think ahead to what you will do when the account with your brothers details goes down.

Best of luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to chimera For This Useful Post:
walkingupwards (12-13-2017)