eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Auctiva's NEW $9.95 per month plan. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/11393-auctivas-new-9-95-per-month-plan.html)

Here We Go Again 06-09-2009 10:35 PM

Auctiva's NEW $9.95 per month plan.

2 Attachment(s)
Auctiva announced that they are trying to listen to the people.
They have changed their pricing plan for the 3rd time....
$9.95 per month unlimited.
OR
$2.95 per month LIMITED.

At least now they are getting a CLUE.....

Auctiva Pricing Page - Auctiva.com

Stealthyman 06-09-2009 10:44 PM

They Probably got too many defectors to Ink-Frog.

boondoggle 06-09-2009 11:17 PM

That is very quick back pedaling, just got the email. Its a shame Ebay aren't so quick to act when their customers are pissed off, just goes to show the difference it makes when businesses have competitors in the market- unfortunately Ebay don't have any competition to take seriously.
$9.95 for everything- that's not bad at all

TGMT² 06-09-2009 11:26 PM

I knew this was ultimately going to happen.

The real question now is...will we be able to have more than 1 eBay account assigned to a Auctiva account like InkFrog?

I always run 2 linked eBay accounts at a time and would hate to have to pay for 2 Auctiva accounts.

Juicyas 06-10-2009 01:23 AM

Just saw that email.

White flag time :)

thepinkx 06-10-2009 02:51 AM

Theygotmetoo

How long have you been useing Inkfrog with two accounts?

oompaloompa 06-10-2009 04:32 AM

is there still a free plan? I clicked on the free plan option buttons and it gave me 30 day free trial, not the same as a free plan for occasional use - dont trust their wording.

Jonas 06-10-2009 05:40 AM

9.99 would be good if we could do it for all our auctiva accounts instead of one per account. I also think for sites that one account linked to a bunch of eBay accounts, that eBay can link all your accounts through it, especially because auctiva has your account name in your description and your pictures have a special kind of directory path that's unique per account.

eBayNews 06-10-2009 06:53 AM

Auctiva CEO Apologizes, New Flat-Rate Plans for eBay Sellers

Auctiva founder and CEO Jeff Schlicht sent an email to customers on Tuesday night to apologize for the "frustration and anxiety" the company's new pricing plan had caused them, and announcing new pricing options. There are two new flat-rate plans, one for $9.95 a month, and a special $2.95/month plan for casual sellers. Auctiva's free marketing tools remain available.

Auctiva had announced it was moving from a free to fee model due in large part to changes in eBay's affiliate program on which it had relied for revenue. Customers made it loud and clear they did not like Auctiva's new pricing, and many took advantage of special invitations from the company's competitors.

In his letter to customers last night, Schlicht wrote about the new flat rate plans, "If you are asking yourself, "Why didn't they just use this pricing in the beginning?" the answer is that I thought our customers would like to have the choice of picking a tailored plan based on usage. Clearly, I was wrong.

"All too often, large companies fail to listen to their customers. Auctiva's brightest future includes the users who brought us this far. I am making this change now so you can get back to doing business. I sincerely hope that this pricing change allows you continue using the tools you have come to depend on."

Auctiva's new Standard flat rate pricing costs $9.95/month with no final value fees. It includes 1GB image hosting; a one-page lister; super-sized images; templates; its eBay scrolling gallery; free scheduling; 24/7 customer support; and other tools.

The special Starter flat rate plan for ultra-casual sellers costs $2.95/month for up to 15 listings and includes 500MB image hosting.

Neither flat-rate plan includes the Auctiva Commerce store, which lets sellers set up their own independent storefront.

According to the letter, customers who had already chosen a plan and want to switch to a flat rate plans must go back and select a new one, or they may stay with the plan they had chosen.

Link to Auctiva pricing

hitch 06-10-2009 07:19 AM

a 30-day free trial will work perfect for some people here!:D

9.95 a month isnt too bad.. however, if you use multiple accounts it will really start to add up.

I think it will be better if you can use multiple ebay id's but i doubt they will change their software to allow that.. they will figure it's better getting 5 x 9.95 , then 1 x 9.95 with 5 ebay accounts attached

lyl797 06-10-2009 08:23 AM

Well, not just multiple eBay acounts hosting issue , also, Auctiva can not modify eBay live listing , it's a pain ...

oompaloompa 06-10-2009 09:11 AM

I opted for free plan once logged in, it seems to be free..lets see, they didnt ask for any credit card info. ive got way too may auctiva accounts to pay $9.99 on each

SaiJin 06-10-2009 09:50 AM

Can inkfrog edit live listings?

Juicyas 06-11-2009 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 90892)
I opted for free plan once logged in, it seems to be free..lets see, they didnt ask for any credit card info. ive got way too may auctiva accounts to pay $9.99 on each

I have an account that all I want to use auctiva for really is the image hosting and the template. I mean I could move it and make my own, but I can't be bothered.

Will this be part of the free setup? My pictures in total are less than 1mb.

Also the auto feedback is quite handy

Sausage 06-11-2009 03:58 AM

I'd like some one to clarify if the image hosting is still free with Auctiva or do we have to pay for th $9.99 also?

Jonas 06-11-2009 07:25 AM

Auctiva is supposed to give you 500MB.

TGMT² 06-11-2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepinkx (Post 90867)
Theygotmetoo...How long have you been useing Inkfrog with two accounts?

Just a couple weeks now since Auctiva has starting charging fee's.

I 1st tried Vendio but found their site very user unfriendly.

Then signed up for InkFrog...their site is Very User Friendly, but very generic looking templates. The listings don't look very professional on eBay like Auctiva's did.

So far I think InkFrog is the better deal...Maybe in the future Auctiva will allow multiple eBay users? Then I will go back to them.

Jonas 06-12-2009 02:41 AM

I've tried Vendio and I've been unable to get it to work after weeks.

Vicvelcro 06-12-2009 03:05 AM

Vendio never really worked to my benefit, either. Have had it for half dozen accounts going back a few years, back when Vendio was still Andale. I just figured it had to do with my style (or lack of) not fitting with what they offer. Maybe they just suck. <grin>

GreenBean 06-12-2009 03:48 AM

Vendio suck? So true. Never liked it & never used it since being here;)

Burst 06-12-2009 04:03 AM

Guys, Auction Pixie is free and has a way better looking scrolling gallery, and auto feedback.

oompaloompa 06-12-2009 04:37 AM

not FREE FREE just a little free

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sausage (Post 91036)
I'd like some one to clarify if the image hosting is still free with Auctiva or do we have to pay for th $9.99 also?

they are serious a-holes, the homepage says completely free, they are deliberately being deceitful regarding meaning of - free

in the no monthly fee plan, from what I can see on auctiva site, after alot of community page sifting is, your first 3 listings per month have a 1.25% final value fee on them, after that you are charged $0.12 per listing plus the 1.25% fvf - SO NOT FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh, and they accept paypal....

I see them going bankrupt shortly, so keep a look-out even if you are staying, bozos should have paid for it thru advertising, nobody likes to pay for something free, human nature..PLUS while Im on a rant-roll, why should i advertise their company on my listings if Im paying for them :rant: